New Iphone update out

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Alf101, Jun 17, 2009.

1. TimothyR

TimothyR Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Dammit! I restored my iPod and AppStore STILL doesn't let me install/update apps. I tried it on a 3.0-tested game.

2. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Not on topic, but I felt the need to mention this:

I was updating my PSP 3000 recently (gave it to someone, and they had flashed it back, so I had to update again to play some stuff I downloaded off of PSN), and the friggin' update, which was a few kb in size, took over 20 minutes.

Bought another game off of PSN as I had some money left on a gift card...took almost 20 minutes. For one game. To download, mind you. Took almost another 5 minutes to install on the memory stick.

Even the larger games I get off of iTunes for my iTouch don't take anymore than 10 minutes to download, and at most 5 to install on the device.

Sony has to hash out that Media Go stuff. It runs like molasses.

3. worldcup1100

worldcup1100 Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    #43 worldcup1100, Jun 17, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2009
    Does anyone know the answer to this???

4. sushibox

sushibox Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Oddly, none of my applications work in any way, if they're not OS built applications. All of my native Apple apps work just fine, but no games/applications load properly... they just kick back to the springboard. I wonder if I should go through the hassle of completely wiping/restoring my phone. I really don't want too, because I'll loose all of my save data.

Ugh...

5. jecebn

jecebn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    I'm seriously considering downgrading back to 2.2.1

6. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Ok, so after 45 minutes of waiting to get past 20% on my backing up, I decided to cancel it. So I restarted iTunes and my iPod, plugged it in again and now it's stuck at the initial Backing Up status with the animated striped bar and has been for 10 minutes. I'm beginning to lose hope on this.

7. RayLancer

RayLancer Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Im getting a connection error with the youtube app. Internet and everythign else works fine. Anyone else have problems with the youtube app?

8. jecebn

jecebn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    Okay, I've waited for my iphone to finish the backup process for more than an hour... Im downgrading to 2.2.1

9. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    My phone hasn't been backed up in months because that reason! I freaking have tried to back it up millions of times and nothing ever works... it makes it about 30% and then hangs up forever... I've left it overnight and same thing... I hope I wont have issues tonight when i get home...

10. Galaxius

Galaxius Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Hey I got the update, but random question. I remember people saying you could display the battery life as a percentage. Where do I find that??

11. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    I can't seem to be able to update it, everytime I try it says network connection timed out. anybody can help?

12. worldcup1100

Feb 2, 2009
    I realize that there are a lot of questions and not many answers, but I was wondering if anyone could give me a little info as to whether I will be able to upgrade to the new firmware without being at my usual computer??

Thanks

13. marlenedegrood

marlenedegrood Well-Known Member

Good question ... I'm in the same boat. I'm on travel for my job and have my laptop, which is not my "homebase" computer, and I really want to do the update since I won't be home for 3 months. My laptop is an authorized computer for purchases but I'm afraid to hook my iPhone up to it. Thanks for any help.

14. worldcup1100

Feb 2, 2009
    Well after some googling a mac rumors forum topic, seems to think that you are able, I hope they are right and I will try it out once I get settled.

15. 1337brian

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    Ok, been trying to install this crap for 2 hours now... it has been stuck on the backup forever, has anyone found a fix for this issue yet? Sorry if it's already been mentioned... But I have never had luck backing my phone up, so this doesn't surprise me too much, should I just leave it overnight and see what happens?.. :confused:

HELP!!!

16. jecebn

jecebn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    I gave up on it and went back to 2.2.1

17. 1337brian

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    That wasn't quite the answer I was hoping for... :(
    I can understand though, I'm starting to get pissed...
    Maybe I'll just wait until I get my 3Gs and hope it comes preloaded 3.0...
    But if anyone has a trick for this ungodly backup time, or think I should try it over night please say so...