New iPhone backup question

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by MeanTuna, Oct 6, 2016.

1. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    Hi guys, don't know if this is the place to post this but I have a doubt about ios backups. A couple days ago I purchased an iPhone 7 plus, so I went ahead and restored the icloud backup I made earlier of my iPhone 6 plus and everything went great, except for the fact that I lost the Floppy Cloud app. I remember clearly that the icon appeared at first when all the apps where downloading as it was on the first page of my phone. I had close to 80 gbs used up so I left it downloading everything and went to sleep and in the morning everything was fine, it took a while to realize Floppy Cloud never installed because the new Home app appeared on the first page so it looked the same at a glance.

My question is if its worthy to restore another backup that I just made directly on iTunes on my laptop, would this method install floppy cloud ? I really dont want to lose that, im even thinking of backing down on my promise to sell this to a coworker just to keep it. Im super rusty iTunes wise, I havent used it since I had my 4S and did not know that you could no longer backup your purchases to your pc, also tried iMazing but found it also lost the ability to do that when ios 9 came.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks in advance

2. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Can I assume this Floppy Cloud app has been removed from the AppStore? Have you checked in your purchase history to see if it is still there? If so you can redownload it there. Just go to the purchased section of the AppStore app and pull down to reveal the search bar. That's much faster than scrolling through the hundreds or even thousands of apps you've downloaded.

This problem of not reinstalling all your apps is something I've dealt with before when restoring from a back up directly from iTunes so I don't think it would make any difference. Usually you can just manually reinstall it from the AppStore and it should restore all of the data to the app once it's installed. My guess is the device holds on to that data for awhile for this exact reason.

Good luck.

3. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    Oh I´m sorry, I forgot to mention that, the app was pulled a long time ago. It used to be aviable through my purchase history but it isn't there anymore so either the dev did not pay their fees or it was completely pulled by apple...

4. asobitech

asobitech Member

Nov 2, 2016
    Did you have it backed up to iTunes on your computer?

5. Mobbay

Mobbay New Member

Nov 10, 2016
    #5 Mobbay, Nov 10, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
    Not only iCloud, You can backup iPhone contacts on your computer via iTunes or you can do back up by some handy third-party tool - iPhone Transfer help you transfer data to computer .