iPad New imafia type game. Ninjas

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Clymos, Apr 11, 2009.

1. Clymos

Clymos Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    #1 Clymos, Apr 11, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2009
    so I just saw this on appsniper and it appears to be along the lines of imafia. I have never been a big fan of this type of game but for the current price of FREE I figured I would alert you guys. Link [APP]Ninjas[/APP].
    Well appears like that link did not work I am on my phone so if you could link for me thanks :)

2. Clymos

Clymos Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    I'll try it just to see if it is well made but I have never really been a fan of this genre so I won't be able to compare it.

3. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Great theme....

However EXACT same graphics/display as their mafia game, just replaced with Ninjas.
    Not a chance I'm wasting my time on this personally after all this Playmesh fiasco.
    Want nothing to do with them, and really, if it's just to play the same thing with another "splash of paint"....

4. Clymos

Clymos Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Overall it is not bad so if you like the games you should try it. At least if nothig else it would put your name in the billionth app drawing one more time ;)

5. Seishu

Seishu Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Student
    us of a
    I'm enjoying it. Don't you have to download one of the specified apps to enter the drawing?

6. hkiphone

hkiphone Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Avoid all things from Playmesh

Ditto. Saw this and almost threw up when I saw it's from Playmesh.
    Sickening that they try to recycle the same scheme for everything. What's next: Samurais? Triads?

Worst part: you need a "Hand axe" to perform a "rescue pet cat" mission!!!! Firstly that's ludicrous! Secondly, a scroll of healing does 2attack?!?!? Thirdly, if they knew even the slightest thing about ninjas, they wouldn't do half the missions shown in the screenshot! "help old granny" for f%*# sake! They're assassins not boy scouts!!!!!!!!

7. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

all playmesh games r like the same >:l

8. Clymos

Clymos Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    I am not sure. From what I was told I thought it to be anyone who downloaded an app between yesterday and the download if the billionth app got their name entered into a drawing and you could get a max of 25 entries a day. But I am not sure because I can not check it since I am not near a computer to check.
    And yes I think the missions are odd but for free the game is decent. I probably will only keep it for a day or so though since I am playing through quite a few games currently.

9. Spiral75

Spiral75 Well-Known Member

to many of these games. At least Mafia Wars from Zynga (I think thats the right spelling) is a port of there Facebook / myspace game which they have had for a long time. Thats the only one I play

10. hkiphone

hkiphone Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    But mate, don't you find it even in the slightest bit monotonous to be doing the exact same thing as before with iMafia and iRacing and whatever else they will surely come up with? All the missions, weapons and locales are all the same, right down to the points, costs and requirements!

11. Clymos

Clymos Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    I had actually never played iMafia so I downloaded it just now and yes it is exaclty the same just replaced with ninjas. I am thoroughly dissappointed that they would make such a blatant clone. Had they released only one seperate from the other it would be good but now that I compare them side to side I see they are identical as you said down to the prices, rewards for missions etc. Oh well they are both free so I guess it is just your preference for ninjas or gangsters.

12. Noah

Noah Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Hybrid Mobile Developer
    Atlanta, GA
    WTF is this sh*t. People need to stop buying their games... or someone else needs to make a "Ninjas" game that actually has something to do with Ninjas. Damn.