iPad New Game: SpaceRage2

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by spacerage, Jan 25, 2009.

1. spacerage

spacerage Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Hi all,

I've just had my latest game Space Rage 2 released into the app store. This version offers:

- All ships & Cargo ship properly textured
    - Added Radar
    - Improved missile model
    - Added 3D rotating ship as background to all menus
    - Removed ship boundaries
    - Reduced damage from ships but increased firing frequency
    - Made enemy ship shields not so hard for later levels
    - Made cargo ship levels easier
    - Fixed thrusters bug
    - Added loosing 25% of score when cargo ship is destroyed
    - Many more tweaks to game play settings

I'm happy to give away 30 promo codes for those people willing to give feedback/reviews. Just PM me if you want one :)

Thanks!

2. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Thanks for the code! I will write an itunes review after playing it for a little bit.

3. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    PM'd. I look forward to playing it.

4. Khayman

Khayman Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Hey it acctually looks cool. count me in in for a promocode and ill give you the info you want :)

5. adin

adin Well-Known Member

PM'ed. Looking forward to testing this game out!

6. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    it's funny that when you don't put 'promo code' in thread's topic, people don't want to check it out if they are not interested in the game. but give them promo in title and all of them are gone in a sec...

7. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I also recieved a promo of Space Rage (the original) I liked it alot. I'm sure that 2 will be even better, can't wait. To all who recieve codes:

Please, honor the devs request and leave a well thought out review on the Appstore.

Personal thoughts: if you have any negative feedback, please be courteous in your delivery, please.

I'm positive this developer will do everything to make us players enjoy the game as he has in the past.

Thanks Space Rage!

8. DHrox

DHrox Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    College Student
    Baltimore, MD
    Yeah, devs love us a lot. So let's not rip their games apart like they did to Flight Stunts (even if it was bad)!:p

9. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    You'll hear people say "this developer wants feedback, etc...", well this one Really has shown me with the release of Space Rage (1) that he implemented every reasonable request from TA users, he took alot of time and development refining that game.

10. DHrox

DHrox Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    College Student
    Baltimore, MD
    True. Some devs simply ignore the bad aspects of their games and release other shovelware titles. Thank you spacerage for releasing #2!

11. Brendonian

Brendonian Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2008
    I have to say I'm disappointed. I bought the original, and to be honest it really wasn't very good. I did like the developer's openness to suggestions, I gave lots of feedback and the game was improved slightly, but still not fun at all.

Now we have the opportunity to pay again for what seems to be simply another update based on feedback from the original.

I don't feel I got any value for the money I spent on the first version, so I can't imagine I'll want to pay again unless this one is a massive improvement.

Personally, I'd suggest that anybody considering this should take a look at Zone Warrior first.

12. marlenedegrood

marlenedegrood Well-Known Member

PM sent for Promo Code ... thank you :)

13. AndyL

AndyL Well-Known Member

Sent you a PM also

14. #14 wastedyuthe, Jan 25, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2009
    I 100% agree with your post. I will not be buying this 'sequel' when it should have just been the update to the first one. The only things new in this game could have easily been updates to the first one. Not happy with this developer.

15. akame

akame Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2009
    pm sent too.

16. Ok people. Enough posting just to say you've PM'd. What's the point? What help is that to anyone? If you're going to post, say something useful. Thank you.

17. marlenedegrood

marlenedegrood Well-Known Member

I believe that people post that they've PM'd so that others can see how many people have already applied for the promo code. Why bash the developer here when all he/she's doing is offering a promo code?

18. I am not bashing the developer because they are offering codes. Surely a post from the dev to say all codes have gone (when the time comes) is needed.
    What I 'bashed' the dev on was basing a sequel on updates (such as removing borders) requested for the first version, that could quite easily be put in the first version instead of asking us (apart from those able to get codes) to pay for the new one.

19. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Where is the old wastedyuthe? What happened? :confused:

20. spacerage

spacerage Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    #20 spacerage, Jan 25, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2009
    I want to be as honest as possible with people here :)

I realise this isnt a whole new game, but it does contain much improved gameplay, graphics and the much requested feature of a radar. When you compare the current space rage 1 with how it was when it was first released it is a massive improvement and I feel it has moved on enough to warrent a version 2 of the game.

I must also say with the nature of the app store, hardly anyone is willing to review an app is a postive way, but most get the reviews from the 'review on delete' feature which is plain not right, as Ive mentioned here before. Im wanted to update my apps and improve them according to user suggestions, and as others here have mentioned I've been more willing to do that than alot of other devs. Also, for space rage 1 to be on sale for only $1 and to still only have a 2 star average rating I think it is very unfair considering this rating is based on how the app was when it was first released.

More significantly with space rage 1 rating being only 2 stars, I make hardly any sales to warrent spending the time on it that I have. So I have a dilema: do I give up on the game idea completely and work on other pointless apps where I may have the same problem? (as alot of devs have done); do I continue to work on space rage 1 and be stuck with bad reviews and never be able to increase sales, or do I release space rage 2 with the hope it will get better reviews from the start and then make me some more sales, and therefore justify the work I put in.

Yes for the honored few who make it into the top 10 may make alot of money, but as I've found for the most part most devs arent really making that much money out of this.. especially the ones who dont try and cheat the system like myself. :)

BTW, thanks to the people who do appreciate the hard work I've done, and my willingness to listen and help give you a better game.