iPad New game (QUADRUM:Colors); needs testers

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by kirill, Nov 11, 2008.

1. kirill

kirill Well-Known Member

#1 kirill, Nov 11, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2008
    UPDATE
    the game is released, here is the appStore link:
    http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=298763383&mt=8
    --------------

Hi everybody,
    I'm finishing my new game, QUADRUM:Colors. It's action-puzzle with colors, here is screen-shot (some more here: http://www.ichromo.com/ )
    [​IMG]
    It's pretty much complete, currently I'm polishing and balancing it, and need some help with feedback.
    So, I'm looking for testers/players. If you are interested in getting this game for free, playing it and giving me some feedback/comments, please write to
    support@ichromo.com
    Here is how it will work:
    1 You send me the Unique Device ID of your iPod or iPhone (it is a 40 character string that is tied to a single device, similar to a serial number, I will need it to generate Ad Hoc build which will run only on your device)
    2 I will make Ad Hoc build of the game, and e-mail it to you
    3 You have to drug the files I send to iTunes and sync - this will install the game on your iPhone/iPod
    4 You play and write me back your comments

Some benefits for you: if you participate, you get this game for free, and I will provide you for free (on your request) with all my future games (more good stuff is coming).
    Also, consider this - you will be the one of the very first to play this new game, and the game will be improved based on your feedback.

If you are interested - some details on the Unique Device ID:
    Locating a Unique Device ID with iTunes 7.7 or later:
    you can find out your device’s UDID using iTunes 7.7. or later. To do this, connect your device to your computer and launch iTunes. In iTunes, select your device in the ‘Devices’ section and navigate to the Summary tab. Click on the Serial Number label to reveal the Identifier field and the 40 character UDID. Press Command+C to copy the UDID to your clipboard.

UPDATE
    Here is the screen-shot of final version, just for side-by-side comparison
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    The game is submitted to appStore, so be prepared :)

2. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    My email is on its way. This looks like a really good game from what I can tell.

3. G0tsk1llz

G0tsk1llz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    i sent an email :D

4. Renare

Renare Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Tech Support
    Wilmore, KY
    I have also sent an email :)

5. McGill

McGill Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    Me Too!!! Let's test this puppy out...

6. vaelsh

vaelsh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Rexburg, ID
    I am more than happy to test! I sent you an email too!:D

I love game testing!

7. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    sent mine. Looks cool.

8. Danillson

Danillson Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Also sent you an mail.

9. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    The Netherlands
    #9 spmwinkel, Nov 11, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2008
    I'm in. Let me start iTunes to get you my UDID.

Edit - e-mail sent.

10. fpugirl

fpugirl Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2008
    South Bay CA
    Sent the email! I really enjoy testing these new games!

11. titan

titan New Member

Nov 11, 2008
    I sent an email too :p

12. Armbruster

Armbruster Well-Known Member

Send me a PM. I'd like to preview it on touchApper, might get you some business. If anybody, you should allow actual respected blog-owners to get it first.

13. lynch

lynch Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2008
    California
    see i disagree with that
    why censor it only to "blog owners" when you are looking to beta test it, you would want a wide variety of users beta testing it
    i dont see the need to restrict it to just blog owners

14. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    The Netherlands
    Agreed, especially when the game needs testing there's a good chance that it's not ready for fairly in-depth press exposure yet.

But anyway, it's the developers choice how he/she deals with these matters (I'm not ignoring the possible business advantages of prevriew articles!), and in this case the developer came here to look for betatesters. So I - and many others with me - respond to that call. :)

15. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
    sent an email!

16. sirisaacx

sirisaacx Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2008
    Sent an Email now. Looks promising.

17. vandy1997

vandy1997 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2008
    NJ
    E-mail sent. kirill, I would point out that I provided you with comments on Chromix here: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpost.php?p=7316&postcount=14 . I didn't see anybody else provide you with any meaningful feedback. So I say to heck with the others (especially Armbruster), and just let me test it!! Just kidding, all!! The screenshots look pretty cool, by the way! :D

EDIT: Armbruster should be reviewing Super Horsey - where is that review?

18. break5

break5 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    Hey how many beta-testers are you picking? All of them? Whatever it is, at least let all of the people who posted in this forum be beta-testers! Including me! Haha :p
    Sorry for being so selfish, I just never beta-tested before

19. tunawrap

tunawrap Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2008

kinda funny that i was the only one who posted a review on itunes. *cough*5 stars*cough*

speaking of which, KIRILL, i want to ask what happened to chromix? i dont see it on itunes, i just restored my ipod and wanted to get it again cuz i didnt have the 1rst gen version on my itunes, but its gone! just wondering what happened..

20. vandy1997

vandy1997 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2008
    NJ
    Maybe kirill is making the suggestions that I provided. :D Chromix is definitely a unique and cool game. I definitely enjoyed it, and I still have it on my phone. I should have posted a review in iTunes, but I was waiting for the updates to be made. :D

kirill, what happened to Chromix? I hope that it will be back in iTunes! I'm going to back up my .ipa file! Haha!