iPad New Game - iGuess

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Naughty_Ottsel, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Naughty_Ottsel

Naughty_Ottsel Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Hey everyone, I am a 15 year old that has started developing and am happy to announce my first ever commercial, let alone iPhone, application. Whilst there is a 9 year old chinese girl that has done better than me in terms of her application I am still over the moon to get this far!

Here is the common post for my app on any forum that gives a crap :p

[​IMG]

iGuess For the iPhone and iPod Touch.

"Ever been in the situation when you have a few minutes to kill but don't know how to kill that time?

Well now you can kill those minutes in style with iGuess for the iPhone and iPod Touch with 2 different modes of play:

TIME ATTACK: See how many numbers you can guess correctly in the time limit, the more numbers you guess correctly the more time you'll have.

FREE PLAY: When you want a more relaxed and casual game guess the number in as fewer tries as possible.

So stop twiddling your thumbs and kill those extra moments in style with iGuess, only for the iPhone and iPod Touch."

Some screenshots:

[​IMG]
    ^ Time Attack Mode

[​IMG]
    ^ Free Play Mode

[​IMG]

Buy iGuess Now

Not the best thing I know but I am still so happy to have come this far.

A lite version should be up soon and is already on Cydia under the name "iGuess Lite"

~ Naughty Ottsel

2. ibelongintheforums

ibelongintheforums Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    i wont quote cause thats quite a long post. but your only 15?
    how much is it?
    looks good

3. Naughty_Ottsel

Feb 24, 2009
    Hey, yeah sorry for the long post but it give all the info about the game, i hope :p

Yep 15 and working my butt off with school, work (funding the game) and making this and it was a long trip to this stage but I am now over the moon now it's up :)

The app is $0.99 (£0.59), I may sound like I am underselling myself but if I could I would've out it for less but then I am improving it, I am looking into a high scores view atm and do want to hear constructive criticsm :p.

4. ibelongintheforums

Jan 4, 2009
    looks good. i have a question. is it all luck?

5. ibelongintheforums

Jan 4, 2009
    if we guess four does it say its to low and to go higher. then we get two more chances?
    or is it one chance??

6. Naughty_Ottsel

Feb 24, 2009
    In Time Attack, the main gameplay mode, when the "New Game" Button is pressed the timer counts down from a minute whilst you guess the number that is between 1 & 100 if your guess is too low or too high you are prompted with a "Your Guess is Too High" or "Your Guess is Too Low" message untill you guess the number, if you guess the correct number in the time limit then you gain 10 seconds extra and a new number is generated, the high scores will eventually show the highest amount of guessed numbers in the time limit.

Free Play on the other hand has no time limit but tries to see if you can guess the number with as few a guesses as possible, the high scores will eventually show the lowest guesses.

I do plan to also have difficulty settings, that will also be shown in the high scores list, the difficulty will either change the highest possible number (free play), the begining time limit (time attack) or both (time attack)

7. ibelongintheforums

Jan 4, 2009
    ok, heres a breakdown of my questions

What is the number range?
    are there different ranges?

have u checked out oynx online?

i think they have online leaderboards stuff

im buying this game

my first TOFFT

8. Naughty_Ottsel

Feb 24, 2009
    At the moment the number range is only between 1 & 100 but new ranges are planned to be introduced in both modes e.g Time attack hard mode may have a number range of 1 & 500, or 1000 and have a time limit of 30 seconds.

I haven't yet but I will, thanks :)

Thanks for your support as well :D

9. ibelongintheforums

Jan 4, 2009
    ok, let me go get my ipotch

darn

it takes so long to sync

ill have a re view up soon
    seems like something to pick up and play

10. Naughty_Ottsel

Feb 24, 2009

I think it is but then to others it isn't but these others have been new users of the iProducts altogether but communication to the user is a planned extra, maybe even having a button that would lead to a video tutorial.

But that idea straight away means recreating the app which will be good when I figure it out :D

11. ibelongintheforums

Jan 4, 2009
    hmmmm

very interesting

i like how u show the time and batterary

nice

12. Naughty_Ottsel

Feb 24, 2009
    Sorry this may sound odd but what do you mean by the time and battery?

That is a normal status bar option for all apps, if I had made it though I would be a better artist than I currently am :D

13. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    Cute game and I agree, it is a good pick-up-and-play.

We had to make something similar in my first JavaScript class.

I like the outline/shadow of the person, nice touch.

Some applications disable the status bar so that it gives the "full screen" look.

14. ibelongintheforums

Jan 4, 2009
    from the screenshot

it shows the time and battary at the top

15. Naughty_Ottsel

Feb 24, 2009
    Thanks, it's a simple idea and it shows on the app store, just search for guess and there's loads but I thought I would add that something extra to stand out among the crowd, the art was a big part of that and whilst I'm no graphic artisit I am pleased with the result and to be honest I took the shadow from one of Apple's ad's and changed the opacity so it didn't shout out but was still noticable :D

Thanks, but like I said i didn't make it unfortunately, the iPhone images are from Apple as a resource to market the app but I am thinking that the translucent staus bar may work well.

16. MetaNick

MetaNick Well-Known Member

Congrats on the game, especially at 15. Most people who get into game development never actually release anything so you should feel pretty proud of yourself about that regardless of how the game actually does.

But did you need such a HUGE "Available on the App Store" banner up there? Goodness. ;)

17. Naughty_Ottsel

Feb 24, 2009
    Thanks, I'll still relishing in the fact that a peer of mine, who also programs more linuxy stuff said that no one would ever buy iGuess and in the last 4 days of sales that I have seen I have had 27 people donwload it, so I like to rub it in his face :D

I'd thought I'd make people know :p, I'll sort it out in a min :D

18. ibelongintheforums

Jan 4, 2009
    i downloaded it and took 30 minutes to back up but then the computer died
    plugged computer in brother pulled ipotch out
    finally d/led to ipod

i love it

my highscore is 3

can anyone beat that?

fun game

great time killer

19. Naughty_Ottsel

Feb 24, 2009
  20. ibelongintheforums

Jan 4, 2009
    whats your strategy?

i go 50

then 20 or 70

then 10 or 35 or 60 or 85

the options expand depending on wether it says high or low

when u do the high scores could u do it where the person with the most points all together gets listed?

kinda like dedication boards.

im not gonna do the best score but maybe all together