iPad New game – LKA Basketball Mania

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by nuggetsman28, Jan 26, 2009.

1. nuggetsman28

nuggetsman28 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    charlotte
    #1 nuggetsman28, Jan 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2009
    has anyone tried LKA Basketball Mania ? if someone posted already sorry but want to know if its a waste ar a take.:D

[hqyoutube]lVArYkHSFGg[/hqyoutube]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    I'm curious about this game too... The video didn't help that much.

Anyone? :D

3. Grist

Grist Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2008
    VP of Marketing
    Massachusetts
    Lots of fun

I'm enjoying this game.
    It's become one of my top 3 favorites.

4. salsamd

salsamd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 1, 2008
    San Francisco, CA
    Yeah, not clear on the game's mechanics, but see 2:29 of the video

Click image below to enlarge

Attached Files:

• bb.jpg
      bb.jpg
      File size:
      33.1 KB
      Views:
  5. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    First of all I own Arcade Hoops and Hoppin.

Both games have similar throwing method: finger swipe. The major problem with this method is the game has a great chance to became mechanical or repetitive. You just try to repeat a move to get the same result. No good.

This game has a different approach: (1) you adjust the throwing position by dragging the ball (a default position is always automatically set but not necessarily the best); then, (2) you tap the picture at right side to set the shot power. Both throwing settings are very sensitive in a good way, meaning you can easily make fine adjustments. Really good.

But what makes the game even better is the fact that you play in several court positions so it's hard to keep track of a system to always score. Eventually you start to understand the throwing distance and strength but it's not obvious at all.

The game has two modes: Free Shooting (which is fun but it could have statistics to make it even more interesting) and a Shooting Competition with online high score (you have to score a number of throwing using as less time as possible and each one with a different position).

The game does not have music but it has the basic basketball sounds.

The game menu is bland (it could use visual and audio feedback when a buttons is tapped).

Graphics and animations are nice. A top wide camera follows the ball trajectory (nice touch). There's no arcade effects when you score unless for a subtle "Score!" (it could include something more exciting for sure).

The first time I played I felt the need to know the distance so I could calculate the power and so on... However, soon I realized that the 3D environment gives all clues to properly throw, like in real life. So no need to such tech information.

Well, I really like the game and I just wish the developer adds more and more features ASAP!! :D

4/5+

6. salsamd

salsamd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 1, 2008
    San Francisco, CA
    #6 salsamd, Jan 26, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
    from Rocket Pocket Games:

[hqyoutube]LtpUIbcJt6A[/hqyoutube]

7. THEDeliriumTrigger

THEDeliriumTrigger Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Lol /thread mabye? Too bad i already bought this.... lol, its a good game though, i have a 18% shooting percentage lol