New forum / first impressions

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by Tinyplay, Apr 11, 2009.

1. Tinyplay

Tinyplay Member

Apr 11, 2009
    Hi, great site, great community from what I see so far.

Heard about the site from a fellow developer who said I should post an announcement here, so I posted in the iPhone Games forum and my post was lost within about an hour, probably never to be seen by anyone else again... so I thought it might be a good idea to have a forum for developers to post their new app announcements (for new apps only, when launched), and no replies/bumping, so they stay in order and don't get lost in all the chatter.

Hopefully that would be useful for developers, and everyone else to find the new apps easily, and for the site owners to keep track of and archive these post types more easily.

Tinyplay

2. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 19, 2008
    Hi,

Thanks for your thoughts. We had been planning on separating out a "new" games forum from the existing games forum, but there will still be a problem with threads getting lost.

I don't think a pure announcement/noreply forum would be as useful for everyone involved.

As for your particular post, it may have been that no one was interested, though you would have been more successful I think if you had included some screenshots or a gameplay video.

arn