iPad New Flick Sports Fishing Bragging site

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Walker33, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Walker33

Walker33 Well-Known Member

#1 Walker33, Jan 5, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2009
    Hello all,
    I am trying to start a new site for posting your "record breaking" catches for Flick Sports Fishing. It very new at the moment but I hope it catches on (please forgive the pun). I know I would like a place to centrally brag about my catches and see how I stack up against other players.

You can see my current list at www.ffbraggingpost.com. To send your weights, just "Brag" to the email 'ffbraggingpost@gmail.com' direct emails and screen shots will not be accepted only direct mailing from the app.

Thanks for you time.

2. dcescott

dcescott Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2008
    #2 dcescott, Jan 5, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2009
    Now I have a reason to purchase the 99 cent app. I've been putting it off, then forgot, but that's really neat. I can only imagine me at church, reeling in a big one...EDIT: Posted tweet on the site. A little more exposure for you.

3. Walker33

Test

Just as a "HOW TO" appendix, you will need to add brag@ffbraggingpost.com to your contacts. As of right now, there is no way to adhoc the address to brag to inside the application.

4. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    You missed the boat. It's now $1.99 :p

5. Walker33

Thank you sir!!

6. smiffsoft

smiffsoft Member

Jan 5, 2009
    code monkey
    uk
    Just sent mine in. Great idea

7. terrett101

terrett101 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Great idea, I wanted to do something like this on the forums, but never got round to it. I've got a couple to send to you too, question though. Any reason why I wouldn't have a brag link under certain fish? There isn't one under my wahoo for instance, and that's one of two fish I have that beat the current records.

8. tunawrap

tunawrap Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2008
    Sweet! I caught a 60 pound pike but thats as heavy as it got xD

9. Walker33

note email change.

My most sincere apologies. But the ISP i am using to host the site has an email server that is blocking the flick fishing emails as spam. I have been fighting with them all morning but with no resolution. If you have sent me your records please send them to 'ffbraggingpost@gmail.com'. This will hopefully only be temporary.

again, sorry for the inconvenience.

10. Walker33

grrr

I have found in some testing with some coworkers and myself, Flick Fishing has some sort of built in spam filter built into its mail server. this seems to be the cause of the mailing issues. This filter seems to limit the the amount a single address can receive 'brags' to 1 in some give time frame (currently appears to be 30 min). It will allow you to send them, just the recipient only receives the one email.

Given this, and in the spirit that I would like to see this work. I will accept, and encourage, emailed lists (like those seen on on other threads in this forum) on a "on your honor" basis to either "ffbraggingpost@gmail.com" or "brag@ffbraggingpost.com".

Thank you for your patience.

11. dcescott

dcescott Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Dangit! 1.99, ok, squeeze another dollar out of me... :D

12. smiffsoft

smiffsoft Member

Jan 5, 2009
    code monkey
    uk
    sent my fishes to the new email addy, hope they make it :)

13. Walker33

got you Smiff!
    Thanks!

should up all up by tomorrow.

You got some hard numbers to beat!!

14. smiffsoft

smiffsoft Member

Jan 5, 2009
    code monkey
    uk
    I have played it for many hours :)

15. Walker33

site update

I have made some improvements to the site. I hope it is slightly more visibly appealing to give some argument that it is legit. I am in contact with the guys at Freeverse in hopes to make something official out of this. Any and all participation is appreciated.

16. terrett101

terrett101 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    You should create a button that will collapse the top 10 lists, because once we hit top 10, there's no way for it to disappear again. We could end up with a really crowded page of top scores.

17. dexx0008

dexx0008 Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    i agree, but refreshing the page will do it for a quick work around.

18. smiffsoft

smiffsoft Member

Jan 5, 2009
    code monkey
    uk
    Submitted a few more, and gone fishing again, looking for some record breakers :)

19. jordancoolj

jordancoolj Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    i enjoy flick fishing, but i am not very good... it is still a fun game

20. smiffsoft

smiffsoft Member

Jan 5, 2009
    code monkey
    uk
    Just caught a huge brown trout. Brag sent :-D