iPad New educational game: Math Blaster

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Jeremy1026, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Jeremy1026

Jeremy1026 Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2008
    #1 Jeremy1026, Feb 4, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
    If I could edit the title I would, maybe a mod can? The game name has been changed to Math Zapper from Math Blaster (due to a previous game by the same name.)

iTunes Link.
    Math Zapper is an education tool for children and adults alike. For children Math Zapper is able to help them to master their addition, subtraction and multiplication skills. For adults, you can never practice enough, keeping your basic math skills sharp is key to keeping brain function strong.

Math Zapper is played using the number pad and multiple go buttons. As the game is played equations fall from the sky and must be solved prior to hitting the ground. You have only 5 misses before the game is over.

Math Zapper features background music as well as sound effects. On iPhones the device will also vibrate when there is an explosion due to a missed answer. All of these functions can be turned on and off in the games settings panel. Math Zapper features high scores to track your progress through the game.

Screenshots from the game.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Along with the release I'll be giving away 5 promo codes, PM me for the promo codes.

2. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Sent you a PM, a game like this would be nice so you can just stay a little sharper

3. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
  4. THEDeliriumTrigger

THEDeliriumTrigger Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    You know math blaster is an existing game? For the pc, its old, but id check up on that

5. field5

field5 Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2008
    pm sent...thanks in advance...and yes the title does sound familiar

6. MetaNick

MetaNick Well-Known Member

They're still making them. I'd recommend tweaking the name a little bit. Quick Draw Math? Math Shooter? I'm no good with names, but just something small so you don't have to worry about them coming after you for the name.

7. Jeremy1026

Jun 9, 2008
    All promo codes are gone.

Thanks for the tips about the name guys. Who would have thought that my research guy could miss something that big!

8. MetaNick

He must've forgotten to try Google :p

9. Jeremy1026

Jun 9, 2008
    Wow!!! #1 and sub 1. Pay cut. :rolleyes:

10. holliberry

holliberry Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    haha yeah, i thought this was a newer version of the math blaster i played as a kid :)

11. Brinkman

Brinkman Well-Known Member

copyright infringement?

12. PlayScreen

PlayScreen Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2009
    [​IMG]

I remember this.

13. THEDeliriumTrigger

THEDeliriumTrigger Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    I loved that game... and i made him aware of the issue, im sure they will change it soon.

14. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    I'm now reminded of Number Munchers, Odell Down Under, Dino Park Tycoon, Oregon Trail, Amazon Trail and many other games from my Elementary School days. :p

15. Jeremy1026

Jun 9, 2008
    The name has been changed within iTunes. And an update has been submitted fixing the title screen. Lets hope the fine folks who wrote the original Math Blaster don't flip out while the updates process.

1026 Development's Math Blaster will now be Math Zapper.

16. MetaNick

If it's anything like the Duck Hunt case, you have a few weeks. ;)

17. Jeremy1026

Jun 9, 2008
    That is true, and Nintendo is a much bigger company then those behind Math Blaster.

18. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    1. Music needs work, it fits the theme, but is too short and the loop is way too obvious. Becomes annoying quickly.
    2. Game needs a way to return to the menu while playing. Currently, the only way to quit a current game, without hitting the home button, is to lose.
    3. The "Go" buttons need to be bigger and/or longer. The text box is very wide, at least 5x wider than it needs to be. Yet the most important button(s) are so small.
    4. High Score list needs some work, too basic and simple. Global scores would be nice.
    5. Difficulty doesn't ever seem to ramp up at all. Game needs various difficulty levels or just levels in general.
    6. Screen does feel cramped, due to the number inputs being so big, but this isn't much of an issue. A better solution is out there though, but for now I have no real complaint about this, I'm just quibbling.

Overall it's a good game; it does what it does well.

I won't be keeping it around, I just happened to stumble upon a promo code.