New Chinese Publisher with over 10,000,000 in start up capital

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by 1stSPIN, Mar 4, 2015.

1. 1stSPIN

1stSPIN Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    I had a meeting with a Chinese group which is well funded in Shenzhen China. They are planning to start a publishing company in China. The Chinese market is growing and from my own personal experience the return on free games is better than Google Admob. Talking to another company here I am told the best returns are on paid game tools. The Chinese New Year just ended so I will try to have another meeting with them to find out what they plan to offer. I just saw a bit on CNN and they are reporting that Box Office return in China have now past that of the USA which is an indication that this market is growing and growing fast.

2. 1stSPIN

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    #2 1stSPIN, Mar 10, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
    I had a short meeting with the company. They are hoping to start business this month once their mother company gives them the thumbs up. I had a chance to see the reporting that TenCents puts out and it is as detailed as google so they can easily report and pay the developers for each game. They will do all of the translating to make all the foreign games Chinese friendly. They plan to advertise the games that have the best response in the 1st month they are up. They did not elaborate on where they will advertise. In Shenzhen I have seen ads on the subway and if they use this method they can target 50 to 100+ million of Chinese in the major cities. It will be interesting to see what the entire package will be.

3. 1stSPIN

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    The Chinese company has a foreigner in a management position and he is the person I am now communicating with. If you want some information his name is George and his email is [email protected]

I don't have any new information because I've been busy but will try to meet with him next week