iPad New App - Fastego

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by jcarlson, Feb 10, 2009.

1. jcarlson

jcarlson New Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Hello,

I am new to this forum and the developer for Fastego a new game now available for iPhone and iPod Touch. Fastego is a fast paced game that combines strategy, discovery, deduction and risk taking to win. You set the level of play, arrange your soldiers and prepare to do battle! If you’ve every played any of the classic strategy board games, I think you’ll love this game.

Fastego is available on the App Store for $0.99. More info is also available at www.fastego.com.

I appreciate your time and feedback. Thank you!

Jared Carlson

Attached Files:

2. butters

butters Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    This looks like a simpler version of a classic euro board game called Stratego (click me). Never was too much into the game, because it's too luck based imo, but it definitely had it's fan base.

3. jcarlson

jcarlson New Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Thanks for checking it out. Yes, Fastego will definitely appeal to the Stratego fan base!

4. Fletch

Fletch Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    The Internet
    stratego too luck based? are you kidding me, did you ever actually play it? there's tons of strategy involved in setup (primarily) and piece movement...might have to check his one out, although i've been tryin to hold back on purchases for a little while...i'll think about it...

5. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    looks ok, and well come to the fourms!!

6. butters

butters Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Yes, there is strategy involved in setup and movement, but it mostly comes down to luck when you are playing someone you don't know well. The board and the mechanics are to confined to allow major movement scenarios. When setting up a game it mostly comes down to luck which troops the enemy has stationed on the opposing side. Don't get me wrong, it involves more strategic efforts than many other titles and i love that no dice are involved, but in general it depends to heavily on the luck component in setup.

7. soccerstud652

soccerstud652 Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    So is it like Stratego or a crappy knock off? Stratego is a difficult game to program the AI for.

Download Probe for PC for a real Stratego clone.

8. I'd like to know too. So far every review in appstore looks like it's their only app they've ever reviewed.

9. soccerstud652

Jan 19, 2009
    I tried it, and a complete waste of $0.99.

Anyone who has played Stratego will see this app for the garbage it truly is.

The AI is terrible and there is no record keeper.

10. jcarlson

jcarlson New Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Yes, it is similar to Stratego. The AI was the hardest part to code and I relied upon some classic chess algorithms and home made deductive reasoning algorithms. It's designed to be a quick game that you can play in a minute or two.

11. soccerstud652

Jan 19, 2009
    Sorry, I just can't agree with a half-baked attempt to emulate Stratego.

Stratego is one of my all time favorite games and NOT meant to be played "quickly." It is a game of strategy and time, of wit and reading one's opponent.

12. jcarlson

jcarlson New Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Game enhancements

Thanks for your feedback here and via the fastego site. We've tweaked the game some and cranked up the AI a bit.

Also have a video available that might help people check it out before buying.
    http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=GoToTheBoard