Universal Never Gone (by Hippie Game)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ramzarules, May 4, 2016.

1. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    I would deny that request if I were apple, tool.

2. madreviewer

madreviewer Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2013
    This the problem with free to play mechanics even if they are insignificant- they taint the challenge.
    And yeah I have invested 54 hours in this game with no in app purchase done.
    This is not a button smasher ( I hope this was your deal breacker) and not the fact that you can't play an rpg ( rpg are supposed to be grindy)
    And I am not defending f2p
    I hate them, but I also hate to see people bashing a game for wanting to give people option.
    Complete the acheovement if you want gems.
    I have made a total of 2133 gems in 52 hours - not so grindy. And stop spending gems on useless upgrades. This game is playable offline ( that's what set it appart from the other garbage rpg on the AppStore: dh5, and gamevil games)

THIS GAME IS JUST LIKE IMPLOSION

3. dasker4444

dasker4444 Well-Known Member

May 9, 2016
    Beautifull game inspired in castlevania and devil may cry, with excellent combos, even in 2d it gives a lot of himself. despite being a new company brings something to the appstore was crying these days a hack and slash that gives the size. a decent game and to have fun just need your skill. I would have liked a 3d finish more than bayonetta type but for the moment is fine.

image.jpg

4. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    I actually like the graphics and the way the art and character design was handled. In terms of beat-em-up game play, it pays homage enough to older gen games, but makes it spiffy in the right areas to feel like a newer game and not just a direct rip-off of, say the Ninja Gaiden games of yore. I brought up Code of Princess (fantastic and similarly played Action/Beat-Em-Up with enough RPG elements to FEEL like an RPG a la Castlevania) because it has multiple "planes" to traverse instead of just binary left to right. However, unlike Code of Princess, your "planes" are limitless (instead of 3-4) You can freely move anywhere, but have to still be conscious of what can attack you if you were to move up or down, because the enemies get smart and overwhelming quick. Like Code of Princess, you even have to carefully figure out where your attacks will reach, and get behind/in front of certain enemies at the right time in order to just... freaking survive. So while they almost appear to be button mashers, you don't want to spam the A combo over and over because many enemies will attack right through it. And I won't even get started on Arial enemies Hahahaha.

It's a really fun game. I love the challenge and the level lengths are perfectly adequate to study, prepare, and strategize how to handle what enemies and when. Unlike Demon Souls/Dark Souls/Bloodborne where the faintest wrong move will set you back from 30mins-1 worth of work. Dozens of times. Hahahaha

5. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Now come to think of the critical aspects of the game, I agree with this wholeheartedly. Not so much the first part about the items (dat grind doh) but DEFINITELY the frustration of enemies going off screen. Totally kills my timer rating having to wait for them to slowly crawl their way back to you at a distance away from the wall that you can try and tackle them back more towards the middle XD

Definitely would like to see an invisible wall for them as well. Even if there is punishment for staying glues to a side of a wall too long (like falling sh*t if you are fighting an enemy against the wall for 5-10 seconds, or something that causes knockdown stun on you. Like additional challenges are needed XD

6. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    Not sure if this has been posted yet, but the "free order" at Emma's Cafe isn't really free. Spent about 50-60 gems I think.

7. Woods@HippieGame

Woods@HippieGame Well-Known Member

May 5, 2016
    Sorry for the trouble, we have fixed that bug and an update will be released very soon :D

8. Woods@HippieGame

May 5, 2016
    OMG, thank you so much for such an incredible review. We know that we have many flaws as this is only the first game of ours.
    As a small team we are not remotely as resourceful as industry giants. But, we love action game and we do anything we can in hope that you could love our game as well. Therion sees that in us, and gave us their full support. We really couldn't make Never Gone available for you without them. And we really couldn't make this far without your support.
    Damn, I love you all. Please do share your ideas about Never Gone with me. We'll do everything we can to make Never Gone a better game! T_T

9. Woods@HippieGame

May 5, 2016
    Yes that's a stupid mistake, we've fixed that and an update is on its way.
    Please give me your account in the in-game-SNS so that I can reimburse you on that.

10. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    In game name is Kamui_Pips. Thanks!

11. dasker4444

dasker4444 Well-Known Member

May 9, 2016
    as you appear in GameCenter? friends like you make me ios gamers lack hahah

12. Woods@HippieGame

May 5, 2016
    Combo List

Just a heads up ;)

There's a combo list in setting menu. Check and see if there's any combo you have never used before~

As for Dawn, ↓ ↓ A can be quite handy in early stages.
    And ↓ ↓ B then keep smashing A when you have stepped on your enemy is my personal favorite for Higgs :D

13. Derprozess

Derprozess Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Engineer
    After 60 hours of play the game got impossible and so I erased it; like others said here, it's a great game but it's far from being a premium experience when all you have to do is grinding; the rewarding is really horrible later in hard mode, the chances for good drops are close to none, and without them you can't play Intel Missions (because they get harder and harder with each replaying and at some point you get killed by 2-3 hits when facing the boss) neither the infinite mode, where most likely very few will pass the 12th lvl; to "predict" certain needed items become impossible in hard mode since the prediction starts at 100 gold (I gave up after I spent 1k gold for with no success for the item I needed); the playing time for a mission sometimes is double in hard mode (compared to normal mode), there's missions where you have to play half an hour of intense combat without having the certainty you will finish it (or got a fair reward for the time spent)
    The potions remain the same, they don't help at all in combat since their value remains as when we were lvl 1

So in my opinion, this game doesn't become easier after playing and leveling up a lot but harder, like any other free to play game; the only way to keep playing is probably spending $$ to improve the equipment with super-rare items/weapons since there is a paywall after all; these are my unimportant and final impressions

14. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    It's posts like this that i love. See a cool game, buy it. Post ideas to make it better. See the dev be responsive and passionate about their game, and trying to make it better with the gamers' opinions in mind.

Sometimes, i am happy that i bought a game, more for supporting the developer than for enjoying the game itself :)

15. machine56

machine56 Well-Known Member

May 23, 2014
    We need a skip dialogue button!!

16. Den Den

Den Den Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Nicely put. I requested (and got) a refund for these reasons. This game is a freemium game disguised as a premium game.

17. lukey89

lukey89 Active Member

Nov 6, 2012
    #157 lukey89, May 10, 2016
    Last edited: May 10, 2016
    I use this when the enemies go off screen but right before the sword moves, im hit with an arrow and its canceled so the only way to actually get them and see them is to back up...please fix, nothing worse than 5 enemies you cant see utterly destroying you in place.

I also agree that the farther i go, the more freemium and grindy it becomes. Really love the game but seems kinda money hungry after charging $3. Either charge more and make it less grindy like implosion or charge less like $.99 and keep it the way it is, i promise you will get more downloads either way

18. machine56

machine56 Well-Known Member

May 23, 2014
    Yo Woodsy.

any idea or hints when this game will be available on steam ? i saw that this game is on Greenlight.
    cant wait for the PC version, and i hope that they can cross progress between mobile device and pc.

19. HippoHumper

HippoHumper Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2013
    Sorry if this has already been answered but I scanned the forum and didn't see anything directly answering the question as to whether there is a campaign mode with levels and an a definitive ending or if it ends up being endless levels and/or grind for better gear for the purpose of further grinding? I apologize for the long run on sentence but I tend to type like I talk when I'm in a hurry.

20. eufeion

eufeion Well-Known Member

May 10, 2016
    Does anyone know if this supports MFI Controllers at all?