Universal Never Gone (by Hippie Game)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ramzarules, May 4, 2016.

1. Woods@HippieGame

Woods@HippieGame Well-Known Member

May 5, 2016
    Yes the max defense is 74. So it is actually a bug that could cause some players to reach that threshold :(

2. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Bought. No questions asked. Well done devs you should be proud of your game!

3. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    So after reading everything I decided to hit the buy button.

So far I'm really really liking this game. I need to put more time into it before I can give it a review and a proper rating. But I can say right off the bat I really love the art style and artwork. The on screen controls work nicely and the combat is really great.

I'll probably end up buying some IAP if it's not too expensive if I really like the game after putting in more time. We will see. I will report back later or tomorrow.

Billy

4. Azi

Azi Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2014
    I'm not a fan of IAPs but I don't mind them as long as it's not limiting my ability to progress. I've got no idea with this game, so many differing opinions - Can someone whose spent some time playing tell me how much I'll suffer without IAPs (I don't mind grinding).

This game looks amazing, assuming not spending money doesn't punish me I'll definitely buy it after its updated a few times to smooth out all the kinks!

5. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    #125 raravan, May 8, 2016
    Last edited: May 8, 2016
    12 hours in game. haven't spend a cent on anything.
    all you need is just a poor grind (and that's good).
    amazing game, really really amazing.

6. madreviewer

madreviewer Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2013
    50 hours in this game and I haven't spend a dime.
    Maybe I am too good.
    To define this game.
    It's blood born side scrolling.
    Doge, block, counter attack- and whach your stamina.
    You
    Each enemy has a pattern

7. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Is there random loot guys or how do you get new weapons and armor?

8. Derprozess

Derprozess Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Engineer
    #128 Derprozess, May 8, 2016
    Last edited: May 8, 2016
    Every location have a list with drops; when you need certain items to forge a weapon/unlock Intel missions you can spend a small amount of gold (starting with 35) to 'predict' which item will be dropped after fight
    Edit: Completing some missions gives you armors and weapons, but they're no match to the ones forged with blueprints imo

---
    47 hours into this game; there's no need to buy gems since they can be earned by completing achievements
    the hard mode is insane though

9. Woods@HippieGame

May 5, 2016
    Thank you! Enjoy your time with Never Gone!

10. machine56

machine56 Well-Known Member

May 23, 2014
    WOODS! u dissapoint me!

you should make sexier HIGGS costume!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

btw, can u please tease us about the new character concept art ?

and also, im getting the 74 point only def level. no matter what equipment or mist power i add.

11. madreviewer

madreviewer Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2013
    The walk animation

12. Woods@HippieGame

May 5, 2016
    Sadly the 74 def is the highest threshold, and it is a bug that you can get that out of blue...
    I can't give you any concept art...BUT, I can tell you that the next character will be using guns!

13. raravan

May 18, 2014
    holy sh*t! this is amazing news! can't wait!

14. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    i just entered the Tower challenges. On the first one, the fat boss swallowed me, spit me out, the swallowed me again and NEVER spit me out. he was just walkin around with me in his belly, doing the "green bile spray" attack over and over. I had to exit the game, nothing else worked to get out.

15. Derprozess

Derprozess Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Engineer
    The rewarding in hard mode is just unfair; even when SSS missions with 10+ minutes of playing time I don't get a super-rare item; without new stronger weapons I can't stand a chance in any of the Intel missions or in Mist Forest :(

16. lukey89

lukey89 Active Member

Nov 6, 2012
    Great game with some flaws. Love the gameplay and loot but if your not ready for a grind or unwilling to buy iap for the *chance* at good loot then its not for you. One thing I hate is when the enemies go off screen. You cant see or hit them while they can attack you. You have to back up for them to come out. They should have to stop at the invisible wall like us. Love the gameplay but i shouldnt pay $3 for a game where i feel like i have to grind more than free games just to progress and upgrade. Almost a must get, almost

17. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    After playing a lot of hours i have to say i was mistaken about this game. The artstyle the gameplay are just amazing. Something fresh to this genre this game is truly awesome.

BUT. The grind is real. I hate when i buy a game and then i have to grind all the time to progress or buy iap. For me this is unacceptable. Gonna ask for a refund from Apple.

18. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Okay... So I feel the need to share some opinions of mine about this game to anyone who has managed to stay on the hesitant side of the fence.

First off, and I'm not joking, I got this game without question solely because the music was done by Therion. It's been ages since I've heard Therion, and many of us from TA have even referenced them back in the archaic Metal Thread (in the lounge) because they're simply amazing, but not exactly the most popular selection. In the trailer, I heard "La Maritza", which is their cover of Sylvie Vartan's. Both great versions but a mega thumbs up from me as that was easily one of the best songs on that album Therion released. Consequently, this game totally got me back into a Therion kick. Thanks devs. <3

ALL THAT SAID, on the surface I saw a well-rendered and visually impressive artistic anime-style beat-em-up platformer with IAP. I'm not the type to disregard them, or buy into them really. What I pay attention to is if they're needed to play the game and fully enjoy the game.

As I dumped more time into it I realized that there is not a single need for the IAP. Not even a little. But even more than that, I could imagine even using IAP to try and speed along progress... you're still going to get f*cking destroyed because this game is incredibly f*cking hard. And damnit, is it lovely. I did purchase the $8 or so dollar pack, though I haven't actually used the currency. I did so because seriously; well done on this one.

The best way I can describe this game is like... If Castlevania and Devil May Cry had a child... and Code of Princess and Ninja Gaiden had a child... and both those two grew up and had a kid of their own, and that child was raised by the unforgiving and punishing Bloodborne, it would probably be Never Gone.

As I mentioned, the game is incredibly hard but only because of skill-based play. The graphics are incredibly fluent, yet add wonderful touches of movement and attack that make you feel like you're playing a live Anime. I've not gotten to one point in the game that felt IMPOSSIBLE, rather you just have to know your enemy's every movement, attack pattern, reach, if they're weak to pop-up, and when to knock back etc etc a la Dark Souls/Demon Souls/Bloodborne. But just because you don't feel they're impossible doesn't mean you won't redo a level 100 f*cking times. It just does a great job and letting you know you f*cked up. XD

One question I have for the Dev's is solely for my own satisfaction; How the hell did you get Therion to do the music! Did you just show the game off one day and they're like "DUUUUUUUDE I LOVE IT LET US WRITE SONGS FOR IT." Or did you inquire? Just curious Hahahaha.

tl;dr version:

Buy this incredibly hard but incredibly rewarding game. You don't need IAP. They're pretty much there to look pretty for yourself. Even though the default outfit is sexy as all hell. The music is great, and while I haven't delved super far into the story as I'd like to yet, it's decent as well despite some little English inconsistencies here and there XD

19. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    lolwat

20. raravan

May 18, 2014
    100% agree with you mate.