Universal Never Gone (by Hippie Game)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ramzarules, May 4, 2016.

1. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    So close to getting this right now. Only thing that's keeping me back is the whole IAP thing. Would really like to know if any IAPs are needed to progress in the game. That and if the gems/gold you get in-game is sufficient enough.

2. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    I am actually close to giving up on this... EVERYTHING costs gold and you get hardly any in game. of course buy a butt load of those red jewels and you can convert them to gold. I am having to play the same three levels over and over to grind for gold and exp ( again I hardly get any exp per level) because I am not strong enough to beat the levels after the spider boss. And I don't have the materials I need to upgrade my sword but grinding and grinding I am still not finding them. Losing its charm rather quickly.

3. Erpiotta5

Erpiotta5 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
  4. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Maybe if they released a premium version of this, I'd be interested...

...oh wait, this is supposed to be premium. :(

5. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    #45 Nekko, May 5, 2016
    Last edited: May 5, 2016
    You know, I think I'm just going to save the $3 and use it to get Rune Ranker instead. It's pretty much the same type of game, a side-scrolling ARPG with crafting/material gathering and platforming elements (and Engrish ;) ), just with a different theme and no IAPs.

6. madreviewer

madreviewer Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2013
  7. madreviewer

Sep 22, 2013
    The game is fun but - I had to reinstall the game and I have an invisible welcome back trophie
    My over all progress is resset

8. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    I love rune ranker and its 2.99 well spent I requested a refund from Apple for this one doubt I'll actually get it but eh it's worth it

9. madreviewer

Sep 22, 2013
    This game has a lot of deal breaker bug

10. fabell

fabell Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2016
    No, not unplayable. But it's clear the source script was really great, so it's a pity that there are so many mistakes. It doesn't detract from enjoyment of the game, but it doesn't add any (when it looks like it was written for that purpose).

11. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Once AGAIN!!! #
    Asking if there's an Android version coming out??

12. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    Thanks for mentioning Rune Ranker. Never had heard of it and looks great. Also going to spend my $3 to give that one a shot.

13. fabell

fabell Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2016
    Downloading the update!...

14. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    ... music by Therion.

Well. I know what I'm getting at midnight when I get paid. Hahahahaha

15. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    #55 Based Xatu, May 6, 2016
    Last edited: May 6, 2016
    If I'm not mistaken in the Chinese market, if your game doesn't pass like $3, you're still considered F2P.

16. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    Could be. And I'm not complaining about the price. I'd happily pay more but from what I'm hearing as far as how high the IAPs are, I'll pass.

17. fabell

fabell Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2016
    That could be... my fault. Although I did state that a single piece of game-enhancing gear cost upwards to $40 (which is true - 2100 gems) you do earn gems by completing achievements. I can't tell you exactly how many (my update is still downloading) but I do remember I started with 100 gems, then I bought a set gear piece for 58 and then completed a level and was back up to 70ish gems. As of the update, I've only completed three or so levels, and there are a lot, and also a lot of achievements.

As for the gear in question (2100 gem outfit) it does something to enhance your movement but it's definitely not required to play. It's more like one of the Kemco enhancements that make the game easier. With a lot of style.

18. Woods@HippieGame

Woods@HippieGame Well-Known Member

May 5, 2016
    Hello ramzarules:
    Let me make that clear, you DON'T need IAP to enjoy the game.
    Never Gone is a hardcore action game, and the core of action game is the improvement of your own skill.
    Plus you'll find a lot of ways to get coins in the game, and we will give away coins and gems in Twinpeak Bar every once in a while!
    2) Frame rate: The game runs at 60fps at most of the time. And we certainly will keep improving the gaming experience.
    3)and 4) We'll see what we can do to make it better :)

19. Woods@HippieGame

May 5, 2016
    That 2100 gem outfit is THE MOST expensive outfit in Never Gone and it is THE MOST expensive item in the game.
    99% of players would just pass that and it is perfectly fine.
    You are not required to IAP in Never Gone, trust me. It took us 3 years to make Never Gone the action game we proud of.
    Why didn't we make some stupid card game if F2P and IAP are the point?

20. Woods@HippieGame

May 5, 2016
    Please do let me know if you met any bug during your gaming experience, thank you very much