Universal Never Gone (by Hippie Game)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ramzarules, May 4, 2016.

1. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I'm talking about their free currency system mechanic for ad videos. This has nothing to do with me supporting them. I've already payed them a lot of money for gems to buy the outfits. And I do love the game so that's why I did it.

FYI they are RECEIVING money for ads they are showing you, as it seems you didn't know that. Video ads aren't some freebie for the consumer, as the company is going to get more out of it than you probably will. That's why most games give out huge sums of cash or premium currency for watching ads, because every ad they are making money off of you when normally they aren't making any at all from you after the initial purchase.

So they added a way to "get something free, which they didn't have to do" which gives them real life cash and you 200 coin (which I can make from Shana plus way more).

2. ShelvsHotPencil

ShelvsHotPencil Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2016
    Just a quick note.
    The Devi of this game are pro consumers.
    I don't support their freemium mechanics.
    And in addition you will spent money for gems only if you are not completing the achievements.
    In addition for those of you with save issues.
    Always backup save via
    iCloud
    ITunes, use imazing to extract it.
    I hope it helped.

3. Psychor

Psychor Active Member

Jun 28, 2013
    Do you know how much money they receive for one ad view? I don't. So how can you know what it's worth in terms of gold, etc.?

4. Greatgoat

Greatgoat Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    i think the chest from the sacred tree is useless. All i ever got were useless items and jewellery with not so high levels. i spent 3000 gems, and yup.. ripped off again.. and to tell u about the "extremely lucky" swords.. pure bullshit.. i never got it..

5. pinOi32

pinOi32 Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2014
    Game is free atm.

6. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Honestly, this game is one of my top 10 games on iOS. Yeah it's hard to a point, but eventually it clicks with you. It still remains hard but there's SO MUCH content in this game. Lots of loot, stats, crafting, skills, etc. I just wish they'd add new characters or new areas. This game is probably the best "2D RPG brawler" on the app store imo.

For free, that's pretty crazy.

7. cakewalker

cakewalker Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2015
    Yeah a great game, for free a steal.
    Wish they would bring out some updates. A lot of the achievements are broken

8. ShelvsHotPencil

Jul 1, 2016
    They will, and they will add a gun slinger character
    Plus a whole new boss, with a giant sword

9. ShelvsHotPencil

Jul 1, 2016
    Do you know any other offline games like never gone on iOS?

10. cakewalker

cakewalker Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2015
    I hope so! Those broken achievements are so annoying as they give you gems which you can use for better gear etc.

11. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member

A lot of games are heading down this RPG path, but that's what I'm already playing with a couple of games. Very time consuming to add another one to the iPad for me.

12. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    ??

I beg to differ. Most games don't do the RPG path because it takes so much work. Most games lately are f2p games that are more casual - like "RPG" clickers or social "RPGs" that require some kind of Internet element to get good. Depth is very rare to find, like the depth you can find in Never Gone.

If it's very time consuming for you to add another to your device then don't do it? I'm just confused on what you're saying. It's free so if you don't like it, you don't even need to click the download button at all? It kind of sounds like you feel like you're being forced into playing Never Gone.

13. ShelvsHotPencil

Jul 1, 2016
    You need to alstroemerias add that most of those rpg s are server base games. ( garbage)
    But we all have our preference.

14. poljanan

poljanan New Member

May 11, 2017
    Hello. Is there a way to save your progress online? i kinda reformat my phone often and it would be a shame to lose all my progress, especially since this has microtransactions.

Also what quest do you get Shana's Trial?

15. TailOfCenagus

TailOfCenagus New Member

Jul 3, 2017
    Tail Of Cenagus can be bought from the Merchant for 98 Gems. You can reset the Materials section by finishing any Dungeon/Intel.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. MVi

MVi New Member

Dec 26, 2017
    Mist points

Why mist points going in minus?

17. Aniella

Aniella New Member

May 4, 2018
    Crash

The game crashes every time I press "forging" (blacksmith) or "awakening" (lapidary)..

18. SozapChris

SozapChris Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2018
    Male
    Lead level designer | Social manager
    Sweden
    Pretty sweet game!

I really like the gameplay for this game, but I do have some pointers

I cannot turn off sound, even IF I do that in the settings screen I still have sounds, Voices from characters, hit sound, music and IT IS LOUD!
    The other problem I do have is that when you are fighting you cannot press the opposite way to turn around while fighting, you have to STOP slashing and then turn around and then start slashing again, feels so old school with this type of controller functionality.

I would say this is a fun game in the current version, I would rate it 4 / 5

19. ChristianG

ChristianG New Member

Mar 5, 2019
    Male
    Hi! Is this still active? I recently downloaded the game on my android. But after finishing the stage "South of Kamby" on chp 1. I'm not able to select stages after "Grayfog"..Anyone who can help me?

20. Kazoragh

Kazoragh New Member

Oct 16, 2019
    Male
    Basically.... It does a weird scroll thing? When you tap, the screen scrolls a bit? I have the same, you have to tap to the side, for me it's to the left and below the middle of the icon. The Ruins require you to tap completely off the icon, which is wack...