Universal Never Gone (by Hippie Game)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ramzarules, May 4, 2016.

1. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Does anyone know what are good items to buy from the merchant (like trinkets) that would be useful throughout the game?

Since money is scarce I don't want to waste it. The cheapest trinket reduces damage from behind by 40% and that seems really good. But I'm curious why that's the cheapest trinket in the store. Are the others better (increase max health, increase stamina recovery by 10/s)? I feel like the 40% is better than those.

Or are there any other equips worthwhile that will last a long time from early game? Right now it doesn't seem like there is much I can spend on with my money except merchant items and some random chest at the tree (which is really expensive).

2. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    i only bought 2-3 equipments that had better defence than mine from the vendor, nothing else. Potions and trinkets can be farmed. And the tree, i never used it once. All my gold went on upgrading / forging weapons.

3. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    I tried The Game, it looks very good, polished and with lots of content.

The only problem is: it's laggy on my 5S.

I'll retry it on iPhone 7...

But it's a Shame because The Game looks good...

4. machine56

machine56 Well-Known Member

May 23, 2014
    wait, WHAT ?! iphone 7 ??? IPHONE 7 ?!?!?

5. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
  6. senkoujin

senkoujin Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2013
    #486 senkoujin, Jul 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
    Never Gone (iOS)

Woods@HippieGame,

Hello, and thank you for releasing Never Gone (iOS)!! I would like to first say that this game is AWESOME!!! The presentation is excellent, the art style and fluid movements are amazing, and the overall game mechanics and systems that are implemented are VERY entertaining!! I can totally see and feel that this game has a high production value! You have done an EXCELLENT job in the 3 years in developing his game! Thank you very much!! :)

Another thing that I admire about you and your team, is that you listen to your customers and try to make the game a better experience for us; this is the most admired aspect in this day and age especially when many other game developers/companies don't take the time to listen to the players or take their inquiries into consideration. I've read through this thread, Xin Ku Le Ni (you worked so hard)!

I'm an old-school gamer, and this game suits my gaming needs very well! I'm currently only LVL 12, but I've already learned a lot about how the game works. There is a grind, and I can understand that....it makes the gaming experience with Never Gone even more immersive and in-depth, as well as adds to the overall longevity of the game. I also understand that the game puts your skills to the test, and that is also totally fine with me. The game is rather difficult, but progress can always be made by continuously playing and getting better.

I noticed many people here complaining about game's balance in terms of difficulty, so I'd like to say this:

As long as the game is properly balanced, I wouldn't see an issue. Gold and Gems are pretty scarce in the game, and there are many upgrades/craftable items/weapons, so......as long as those items/weapons are TRULY WORTH the grind (very useful/powerful) for each, then I have no problem. I used to play Phantasy Star Online (SEGA Dreamcast) back in the day, and let me tell you, I HAVE experienced grinding; Never Hope's grinding isn't THAT bad........but for the sake of your beloved player-base/customers, it may be helpful to ENSURE that there's enough balance between leveling up, weapons, equipment, items, enemy power/HP, etc. to allow the game to stand amongst the greatest mobile games of all time. In my opinion, this game is worth more than the original asking price.

Drop rates for certain items that you want are usually hard to come by, but through constantly fighting and trying, you'll eventually get it, and at the same time, gain experience points for leveling up. The thing is, in this day and age, many gamers have become more casual and don't want to spend too much time playing a single game; this game calls for lots of grinding, so that group of people will likely lose their patience faster than more traditional hardcore gamers. I'm all for the grinding as long as I'm grinding for something that's absolutely WORTH all the trouble, even for the lower tier/lower level weapons/equipment/items.

This is indeed a PREMIUM game, but I have noticed a few FREEMIUM mechanics built-in there eg. THE SACRED TREE's "gatcha"-like system. As you've stated before, the entire game could be completed without using IAPs, and I'm fine with that. I think if the in-game gold and gem drop rate increased substantially, this game would be even more enjoyable for everyone.

Now here are the bugs/issues:

-Enemies are moving outside of the screen; this makes it harder to get a high grade (SSS) at the end of a stage

-You may want to get the development team to check for memory leaks (game crashed on me [iPad Air 2]) after playing for an hour or so.

-Some of the text (English) is outside of the text boxes in the menu/information screens (minor cosmetic fix)

-Intel missions are not paying out earned gold from battles

-Game crashes when I try to enter the Mist Tower when the Emma's Cafe notice appears (I'm still in Chapter 1)...it will crash if you've been playing the game for over 30 minutes...if you're lucky, it won't crash.

^: These are the only issues that I've noticed.

Now, since you're officially supporting the MFi controllers for this game, I will make my first MFi controller purchase to play Never Gone! :)

Thank you very much, and please continue making this game even better for everyone! ^_^

7. Woods@HippieGame

Woods@HippieGame Well-Known Member

May 5, 2016
    Please allow me to WOW for a while!
    Thank you so much for your comprehensive review. Support from hardcore players like you is what have kept us going!
    We know that Never Gone can be really hard sometimes, but, easy games are no fun!
    There's plenty of ways to earn coins and gems in the game, including posting play videos in our in-game community ;)
    A lot of new players have joined us lately. Can you post something to guide them?

8. Woods@HippieGame

May 5, 2016
    Good point, can you post this to our in-game community? :)

9. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    #489 L.Lawliet, Jul 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
    I've been totally addicted to this game, amassing about 12 hours in a few days. Really having fun. I've found quite a few bugs and posted them on the in-game community as Altria (not sure if you read them or not).

- Enemy attack sounds don't cancel when you attack them mid-way (like the Thunder guard)

- Shana will glitch and not move / attack if you run past her and off screen (reproduced this many times)

- Inventory items don't refill / refill themselves after use. It's really strange. Sometimes my potions will refill what I used after a while, other times it'll stay used. It's confusing when it refills so I would rather it never refill itself or always refill itself after battle.

- The HP refill per second doesn't show 0.5 on it. I think it should. Considering that the first HP regen you can get is from the Orr boss set (which is 0.5/s), it's very misleading to the player to show the stat screen HP regen as 0. It makes it look as if the set is not working, even though it does.

- Mist keys don't drop? I've seen them as loot multiple times but they've never dropped. I've done about 30-40 individual missions that had that as possible loot and not a single key. If they are "locked" until a certain point, I don't think they should be shown on the loot list.

- A big issue is that the ingredients you get at the end of levels have numbers in the corner that don't makes sense. Are they how many you own total or how many you received from that map completetion? It's very confusing. I have two screenshots to share...
    1) http://i.imgur.com/NKXzdiPl.png - This is the 5th time I've completed this mission, gathering many of these two ingredients which I have never used yet. This image shows 1 and 5 for each after the trial.
    2) http://i.imgur.com/QNs3b9il.png - Now this is the inventory after that trial. The numbers don't add up. This would makes sense if this was the first time I received those items but this is the 5th time or so. This list shows I have 4 and 5 of those items. it would makes sense if I've never received or used a serpent skin but I've already got a few in my inventory. Did I get 5 at once? Probably not since I already had some. So then that means the tail meant I owned 1 total after battle - yet the inventory shows I have 4. So I don't get how the math is adding but something is definitely wrong.

Improvements:
    - Show your jewels in your warehouse and separate trinkets into their own section since the items seems to be consumables and trinkets aren't (?).
    - Better tutorial for jewels, I still don't understand what consuming / awakening deal is. And the super rare trinket dropped by Orr (pink colored), I don't even understand what it does - something about not consuming a 5th slot? I need more explanation.
    - Explain rarities and divinities - I don't understand why my normal "divine" item is better than my rare item. What are these divine traits?
    - Lower coin prices for shop items. I noticed that you get a chance to get super rare versions of items but honestly it's impractical to keep buying that many copies in hopes to get a good one with the cost of those items.
    -Also can you consider making a new app icon with Higgs? I'm sure a lot of people prefer her :)

I also would love to have a new way to get more gems. I can put $6-10 in on my iTunes credit but that's not enough for me to get even close to the last outfit.. Now I'm just looking at bug reporting to try and get free gems but that's not really enough either.

This is an absolutely wonderful game with so much to do. Varied weapons, rarities, stat boosting, hidden shops, different character builds, this game has so much in it, it's incredible. The difficulty could use some fine tuning (as well as some drop rates) but overall, I've been enjoying grinding in this game even though some people might not like grinding. I just love collecting things and this game has a lot to collect. As a huge RPG fan I'll be putting more input in as I continue to play the game so I'll be back :)

10. Woods@HippieGame

May 5, 2016
    We do get a lot of inspirations from MH!
    We love Monster Hunter so much that we basically stopped developing for two weeks during MH4 #

As for the coins, there are a lot of ways to earn them in the game. You can farm with Spardemann's set equipments, or farm the levels with a coin mark, or you can find lots of ways to earn coins and gems in Twinpeak bar or our Facebook page#

11. Woods@HippieGame

May 5, 2016
    Actually, it's the gems that are on sale. We've lowered the price of most items already.

12. Woods@HippieGame

May 5, 2016
    Gems can be accumulated in the gaming process. You'll see that it is not that hard to earn so many gems in Never Gone :)

13. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Unfortunately I can't even complete that full set (or any set). I've replayed that first boss battle nearly 50 times. I've ONLY received belts and boots.. That's pretty much how bad the drop rates are for me :/

I gave up and tried to farm Orr, only got 2 of his pieces as well.

14. senkoujin

senkoujin Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2013
    This game will Never be Gone from my device!

It's my absolute pleasure!! After playing even more hours, I've found a way to get acquire more coins faster....you actually took the words out of my mouth in one of your previous posts---Spardemann's set is totally worth it when trying to get extra coins! :)

As a player who really loves this well-designed game, I just want to know if the development team are working out all of the reported bugs both here and in the in-game community area. Are you guys working on the next update? I think you should focus on the crashing bugs (!) and nitpicky things (for a CLEAN polished game)...please take your time and take care of these things because this game is pretty much a AAA title, so make it live up to its true greatness!!! :D

I know how you feel L.Lawliet, but I was lucky enough to acquire all necessary pieces of the Spardemann set (4/5)...the belt wouldn't drop for the longest, but after 8 or so tries, it eventually dropped. The set grants a whopping +75.0 additional coins per completed stage. You could also sell items/weapons/equipment that you don't want. It wouldn't take you too long to acquire enough coins to use the SACRED TREE's Inferior Lv.1 Mistea Chest more often!

Also, in your previous big post, you are absolutely right, and I hope that the development team can take care of ALL of these issues. I too have noticed that those Mist Key items don't drop (even with a SSS grade).

15. geniusx

geniusx Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2016
    how this game work on ip6S?

16. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Ah thanks to your post, I think I'm going to attempt to grind that out again. Now that I have Shana I think I can go through the first boss relatively quickly! Hopefully I can get that set. You're right, +75 coins per stage adds up to a lot if you play the game a lot (which I do). Though it is hard to let go of Orr's set since he has HP regen which is REALLY useful. Probably the most useful skill in the game for me so far.

===

I put a long list of bugs but the dev hasn't mentioned anything about them so I hope they're looking into it.

Also found another bug (or error). Shana's sprite is way too small / short. It needs to be resized imo. In the battle areas she looks "okay" (could be bigger) but once you go out of the arena to the main map her size compared to Higgs is really strange. In fact, in battle she looks a bit hunched for her fighting stance so she should be somewhat taller in the main map but she seems almost the same height? The 3D sprite is okay but I feel like Shana could've used a 2D style to make her blend in with the game better. Seems that main characters are hand drawn and the enemies are 3D-esque. So Shana should get her own drawn Sprites like the lead characters imo. It would look a lot better.

Also, my first Dark weapon I received as Higgs doesn't count as killing Orr with his weakness (dark). I've tried multiple times and the achievement doesn't unlock.

17. Psychor

Psychor Active Member

Jun 28, 2013
    Is there any chance that you will allowed gems to be shared across characters? There should be one pool for gems. I think that it would help with sales a bit.

18. Skall

Skall Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Hello dev,

Still no update for this game in the singaporean appstore, please help dev!?

Appreciate your help in advance

19. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Found another big bug.

When you fight Shadoom the achievements won't unlock for defeating the boss with execution, counter, or squire. The problem might be from the fact that this stage has 4 bosses which makes these very confusing. OR the bug could be that since Shadoom's health never fully goes down to the end, the coder who made this game broke it by not counting it as a kill since his HP technically never hits 0. I honestly think a new update should make his health go down to 0 and then remove the chatting dialogue after it since oddly this is the only level that keeps the chat story dialogue even after you have completed it.

I initially thought the critical missions applied to Shadoom since it's HIS stage however after multiple attempts with various kill types I gave up. Then I switched over to the 3 separate bosses after him. Did the same stuff, end with a counter or execution or squire. No achievement unlocked. So this set can literally not be completed.

==

Also I noticed the game's timer records your playtime even when the game is suspended in the background. This should definitely get fixed. I've spent actually about 19 hours so far but since I left the game in the background (not playing) when I went to bed, I'm at about 27 hours or so. Really misleading and now I have to force close the app to make sure I don't end up with 100 hours or something on the play clock.

20. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Another bug report! For boss Sarah Arial, let squire deliver final blow is not working. That makes this critical mission set also impossible to complete.

ALSO if you beat the level then try to replay the level again right after, the level will crash. This is guaranteed. I've replicated this action 5 times in a row already (trying to get the critical missions).