Universal Never Gone (by Hippie Game)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ramzarules, May 4, 2016.

1. Greatgoat

Greatgoat Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    The last update is making the monster more HP, and harder. But the game still crashes, Shana is stupid as usual.

2. Woods@HippieGame

Woods@HippieGame Well-Known Member

May 5, 2016
    Just released an update for Never Gone :)
    And here's what we've done in this update~

1. Thanks to a professional localization team, the translation in English, French, German and Japanese have been greatly improved.
    2. A new algorithm implemented to reduce the cost of both CPU and RAM. That is to say, less battery cost and more stable gaming experience!
    3. Fixed a bug which caused the reward from in-game community to go randomly missing.
    4. Minor bugs fixed.

3. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    could the next update focus on
    1) game balance
    2) Shana levels and AI so that she isn't totally stupid or taking ages to level to be useful and not a 2-hit punchbag
    3) the enemies stop going offscreen

4. Skall

Skall Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Still no update in singapore

5. Greatgoat

Oct 25, 2013
    4) and the crash bug is still there. Please fix it so that we don't feel ripped off after using over thousands of gold on item prediction and end up at the home screen.

6. Woods@HippieGame

May 5, 2016
    Do you mean the game would crash when you are predicting the loot?

7. Woods@HippieGame

May 5, 2016
    Thanks for the advice :)
    Please understand that Shana is not supposed to do your job. It's a tricky balance to make her not "too" helpful.

8. ShelvsHotPencil

ShelvsHotPencil Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2016
    This game is a breath of fresh air, I got it full price and I finished the game with dawn without spending a dime.
    And also the dev give out gems.
    Now I am playing with highs

9. Greatgoat

Oct 25, 2013
    After predicting the loot i want (spent over thousand golds for this) and as i start the stage, it crashes.

10. Greatgoat

Oct 25, 2013
    at least make Shana lure the monster out from hiding in the side wall. When she is inside the side wall fighting the monster, i cant do anything but wait.. its boring..

11. Woods@HippieGame

May 5, 2016
    Thank you very much for your support :D

12. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    #472 L.Lawliet, Jul 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
    Free for two weeks! That's incredibly generous.

Now lets hope this promo helps out the game :)

Someone can help make the sale thread.. honestly I always forget how to embed those app store links. Or maybe they auto-embed?

13. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    #473 L.Lawliet, Jul 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
    So is it normal to be stuck on the 2nd level...? I totally cannot beat it.

The giant skull isn't even a boss! I can fight with him for a while but he barely takes any damage and then my default weapon is super weak. Is that how it's supposed to be on the second level?

On that note do any veteran players have any tips for new players? Any worthwhile things to note that you wish you knew before? And I'm wonder what to spend my money on now since it seems I don't get anything for losing (and I've played level 2 five times already). So do you get exp if you keep failing a level?

14. ramzarules

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    hey L. :)

1)for the trash mobs like skellys, run all the way to the end of the stage, let them all show up, and then gather them with combos to hit all of them for maximum efficiency
    2)heavy mobs (mini bosses) like that big skeleton in 2nd stage, learn to block and counter, combo, block and counter again
    3)for bosses (the first is the sparderman hahaa) combo and dodge, combo and dodge.

Grind to upgrade your weapon, damage and sharpness are my two favorite stats.
    Equip as much DEFENCE gear as you can. You can never have enough defence.
    Hope these help to start with.

15. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Thanks Ramza! Should I upgrade every weapon I have or wait until I get rare / strong ones? It seems you get very little coin in this game.

We need to play Monster Hunter again :)

16. ramzarules

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    what i did was upgrade the weapon to the point i can farm for the next, better weapon. if i found i did enough damage to defeat the boss, i would stop the upgrade at that stage.

i gave up on MH. it was either swing slow and clunky for damage or swing fast for too little. I didnt enjoy it even though i tried.

17. Skall

Skall Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Hello dev,

Still no updates released on singapore app store. Pls help

18. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Update says some store items are 40% off. Wish there was something that showed the original vs new prices. I can't tell what is on sale.

19. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    My problem with the store prices is that it seems if I want a new skin it'll cost me $20USD-ish. I was prepared to buy some skins for the sale but I don't think I'd drop $20 for one... I feel like on a sale they should be $5-10 to entice people to buy them. Just my opinion of course. I can buy a 100 hour+ Final Fantasy game on the app store for $15~!

20. Greatgoat

Oct 25, 2013
    i think what the dev meant by discount is the gems. The gems are on sale. But items with merchant has the same price i guess.