Universal Never Gone (by Hippie Game)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ramzarules, May 4, 2016.

1. mj132

mj132 Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2013
    United Kingdom
    I'm interested in this but I'm going to wait for a few more impressions and maybe a longer game play video, before taking the plunge.

2. Derprozess

Derprozess Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Engineer
    Everytime I try to go into Dangerous Suburb game's crashes
    It's a shame since I think it's the only place to win good EXP :(

3. fabell

fabell Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2016
    This game is awesome. It's like Castlevania Symphony of the Night except you get graded on your fighting. The gameplay is like if you combined Castlevania with Double Dragon. Does that sound awesome?

It crashes like heck though. The Chinese voiceovers are weird. And the outfits can only be purchased with gems, an IAP (which can also be earned by completing achievements) but the coolest ones (that also uncharacteristically enhance gameplay) cost an ungodly amount of gems (more than $40 at least).

It's your basic short-leveled brawler, so don't come here if you are looking for an open-ended RPG. The loot you get at the end of a stage is entirely generated by RNG, but there is no stamina so you can basically do stages over and over again for loot (which you use to craft gear). The only gear that changes appearance though are the weapons.

The writing "seems" amazing but unfortunately the devs went the cheap route and used in-house translators and totally screwed it up. Why Chinese devs continually do this astounds me. For a game like this, it's a crying shame. It's not that expensive to hire somebody to proof a script, especially when you've got production values this high.

There is a bug that forces the game to crash when you try to repeat levels and for a game that is utterly dependent on RNG for progression I really hope they fix it soon.

4. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    ^^ So you're saying that some outfits DO change gameplay? Game looks great but $40 outfits that affect gameplay raise serious alarms. Especially if the difficulty gets to the point where you need them and gems in-game gems don't cut it.

5. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    If that's the case I probably won't continue to play this. I don't know why the developers didn't just make this fully premium rather then pseudo premium. Oh well I've wasted three bucks on worse

6. Derprozess

Derprozess Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Engineer
    Crashes a lot on my iPad Air, no matter the lvl I want to retry; also it need too much patience to lvl up my character to stand a chance; buying gems would be a solution if they weren't so damn expensive; gold and rare materials needed for upgrades are hard to obtain; all in all it doesn't feel (for me) as a premium game experience; too much grinding is needed, I was expecting a game much more easier to play and finish than this one, and even if it have cool graphics, controls and effects, upgrades and a heroine with almost no clothes :p -I'm moving away of it

7. Repulsa

Jul 3, 2015
    I finally found the costumes you guys keep mentioning yeah I'm not paying $70 dollars for that. Unfortunately this game is not worth $20 as it is and I'm willing to pay that for a great fully premium experience but this game is still pretty rough around the edges for them to be expecting people to fork over hundreds of dollars for their in app currency.

8. politicsasusual

politicsasusual Active Member

This title does indeed look promising but I've got a few questions/reservations:

Does this game feature ads, and if so are they removable via an IAP?
    Is the English translation so poor that it would detract from the overall gameplay? Lastly, is the frame rate consistent on new devices (6+ and up)?

Any information would be greatly appreciated - thanks.

9. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    No ads, and the English isn't as bad as everyone is making it out to be, but I have to say that I'm not enjoying this nearly as much as everyone else seems to be.

10. Repulsa

Jul 3, 2015
    No ads, and I personally do not think the English translation is that bad, the frame rate has been pretty consistent for me played on both my iPhone 6 and iPad mini 4

11. politicsasusual

politicsasusual Active Member

Thanks for the feedback, I may give this a shot.

12. Woods@HippieGame

Woods@HippieGame Well-Known Member

May 5, 2016
    Bug noted

Thank you for your feedback :) We've fixed the bug and a update is submitted for review now.
    You'll be able to download the update in a couple of days.
    Sorry for the trouble and please remember to collect the gift in Twinpeak Bar ;)

13. Woods@HippieGame

Woods@HippieGame Well-Known Member

May 5, 2016
    Sorry about the crash :( We've just fixed that and uploaded an update. You should be able to download that update very soon!
    Also, please do remember to collect the gift pack in Twinpeak Bar ;)

14. Skall

Skall Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    If mfi support it s a direct buy but i m feeling it will never be the case..

15. Repulsa

Jul 3, 2015
    Hey woods, good to hear there is a fix coming for the crashing although I personally have not experienced it. I have a question though, do you think that asking $70 for a costume is a little much? I mean you honestly expect people to pay that? I think while you are updating this game you should rethink the monetization.

16. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Still want to know if there is gonna be an Android version!!!

17. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    Hi Woods, nice to see you here!
    I was just going to say that i really like your game, and i bought it immediadely after i saw the trailer!
    But i would like to ask some questions :
    1) do we need any IAPs to get further in the game? or can we complete it just by the initial purchase? the gold after every mission is so few.
    2) can the framerate / gameplay become a little smoother/ faster? This is from playing it both on my Air2 and 6s+, with all apps closed and restarted. Take for example the fluidity of Implosion, or even OMG!Pirates
    3) the forward jump. You can't jump forward unless you are already running. Can you fix it so we can jump forward and back without needing to double tap?
    and 4) Button positioning. can they be moved somewhere down and outside of the action? or be resised to smaller or transparent?

18. lilneo

lilneo Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Work in State Government
    México

My gosh! I'm looking for that too! Please answer us!

19. RayLancer

RayLancer Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    How do you unlock the other character?

20. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011