Universal Never Gone (by Hippie Game)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ramzarules, May 4, 2016.

1. Woods@HippieGame

Woods@HippieGame Well-Known Member

May 5, 2016
    The discount is a promotion planned to run with the featuring on AppStore.
    Our intention is to make real action game which we ourselves would love to play, it has always been that and will never change.

We saw every post in TA and every other channel, and we are adopting all feedbacks and working on making Never Gone better.
    Yes we are inexperienced and small, but we'll do everything we can.

2. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    Great attitude, Woods. ;)

3. Greatgoat

Greatgoat Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    #303 Greatgoat, May 22, 2016
    Last edited: May 22, 2016
    and dev, please can you improve the controls, it is sometime hard to pull off evade and attacking left to right or right to left is unresponsive sometimes.

4. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    If the balance issue is worked out, I am gonna buy it. The art is awesome.

5. cakewalker

cakewalker Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2015
    I feel personally a lot of the comments, and the TA review for that matter, are overly harsh.
    I disagree this game is a grind.

It requires more skill than an average game like a clicker or endless runner - which requires almost no skill. True.

You have to replay a lot of levels in order to progress new ones, which in my mind is a part of a good gaming experience. In those replays you master the combos and require the additional skill (and xp) to continue.

I had to replay a lot of the levels in Space Marshals - which I love - in order to reach new levels.
    The progression is a bit slower than the game above but all in all I enjoy it a lot.

The production levels on this game are high, the art, animation, music, etc.. all top notch.

IAP will forever be a divisive issue, though since it's purely cosmetic, I don't see the big deal here either.

My only issue is the lack of MFI, but it seems like they are working on it. In fact, any issue that has been raised by players has been addressed or commented on by the devs, which is great to see.

6. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    #306 ramzarules, May 22, 2016
    Last edited: May 22, 2016
    @ Cakewalker : With respect, if your personal definition of grind is not "replayng a lot of levels with slow progression" as stated in your post, you give it a different meaning than the rest of us, that go by this exact same objective definition. You can personally feel it is not, and good for you for enjoying it. But objectively, for reviewers and forum posters, it is.

@ Woods : It is great to see you have now acknowledged our points are will work on them. As me and lots of others have posted, this game has ALL the fonts to be something truly spectacular and make its name, and your studio, stand out in the Appstore. Amidst the sea of trash, copycats and IAPfests, people are hungry for quality, premium games. May you do your game justice, and may success and money follow it after.

7. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Agreed on both points.

The grind here isn't typical for even games that typically have grind (like JRPGs). This is way beyond that IMO. Nothing fun about playing a level 10 times and not progressing.

And I also agree this game could be outstanding with the artwork, combat and atmosphere already in place.

8. Press2Play

Press2Play Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Bussinessman
    Philippines
    Thanks woods, really appreciate that you really took the time to reply to all the concerns.Waiting for the next character/fix/rebalancing, Take Care & God Bless.

9. nicoga3000

nicoga3000 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Structural Engineer
    Indianapolis, IN
    If this fix is incoming, I'm gonna buy it now and start playing. Gotta support a developer who will stand by the community.

10. Psychor

Psychor Active Member

Jun 28, 2013
    Exactly. $0.99 is hardly asking much. For us early adopters who purchased it at $2.99 I was a little miffed though.

11. dasker4444

dasker4444 Well-Known Member

May 9, 2016
    I prefer to pay the 2.99 and it costs more and is not fremium

12. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Well, right now those who paid $2.99 have a freemium app they paid for IMO. If it is rebalanced, then we'll revisit that statement.

And for anyone who thought it was just for "cosmetic" items, you are mistaken. Those expensive costumes have benefits to health, etc. Plus if you blow your cash on potions and lower quality gear, you get stuck and cannot progress unless you either grind endlessly or buy IAPs.

Let's hope the dev lives up to his word and rebalances the game and for people who feel fine the way it is, all the power to them. Give them a "hard" mode to grind away at.

And no I don't want an easy, casual game. I just want a challenging game but one that doesn't require you to play the same level 50 times to get anywhere.

13. dasker4444

dasker4444 Well-Known Member

May 9, 2016
    and just buy it, have to wait to see if they keep their word and balance the game. and if I know it's not just cosmetic I have at least 30 hours of gameplay and need to advance stronger suits and swords more powerful it is almost an obligation. There are parts where you get stuck and do not try more than you can happen if you do not have a weapon stronger and more resistance. In fact it is so fastidious that give little money for mission, that of repeat and repeat missions to get money is tedious and hope the prompt settlement of developers. They tried to make a devil may cry combined with Castlevania but lost on the road, because in devil may cry you get enough to increase your skills and weapons are not purchased are unlocked. hopefully it cogieran example not only in combos if not in their system unlock abilities and weapons, when buying games is not to have to pay more than once. In fact I fastida the freemium model seems a cancer for the video game industry is that it is not only money, but it affects the gaming experience deteriorates. It is a small team and buy the game because I like aesthetically and for some time the appstore need a game like this. buy to support them but I'm not at all agree with how to get the rewards or weapons or skills or costumes in the game.
    I take at least 4 days without playing waiting for that balance, in protest.

14. vanpome

vanpome Member

Feb 23, 2015
    bug?

IMG_3181.PNG

@Developer: This is what happened when i touch icloud icon? What's wrong? thanks

15. machine56

machine56 Well-Known Member

May 23, 2014
    please get the new gunner character up! getting a bit bored with higs and dawn.

i dont even mind if the new chars is an iap.

16. Woods@HippieGame

May 5, 2016
    Please check the "Setting" on your device and see if you have enabled iCloud Drive :)

17. Press2Play

Press2Play Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Bussinessman
    Philippines
    Sir woods any plan to increase level cap?

18. Greatgoat

Greatgoat Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    I've got to say, mr wood is right. After hours and days of playing Never Gone. This game is beatable. You just got to choose where to train while collecting coins, gems(from bosses) and items for forging weapons.

I don't need the 2100gems outfit to beat every stages on hell mode. And Shania the squire is a life saver if you got the sacrifice skill.

i am using Dawn and still stuck at Mist Tower, its really hard but i managed to buy the armor there. Once you bought the Gligoul's Armors, hell mode is easy.

BUT THE CRASHING REALLY SUCKS!! Come on devs!! When is the update coming out?

19. Woods@HippieGame

May 5, 2016
    Don't forget to upgrade your Armband in the Tower ;)
    We are working on the balancing issue right now, and of course fixing the crashing bugs.
    Oh, and we are making sure MFi controllers are supported in the next update!

20. Woods@HippieGame

May 5, 2016
    Sure thing, Chapter 4 and other characters are also on their way~