Universal Never Gone (by Hippie Game)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ramzarules, May 4, 2016.

1. Psychor

Psychor Active Member

Jun 28, 2013
    Thanks - automated iCloud save would be great.

2. nicoga3000

nicoga3000 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Structural Engineer
    Indianapolis, IN
    It's upsetting to read the developer post stuff like, "No it's cool, it's not unbalanced! It just requires you to get lucky and never spend xx on anything until you beat this or that!" And to follow up with saying he put stuff in specifically to make it so you don't have to grind and get super lucky? Bah.

People who buy and play lots of mobile games do their research and communicate. The success of this developer's game depends on them taking notes and making smart adjustments. Until people can say that the game is a FAIR grind, I'm not spending my money on this.

3. modus_ataraxia

modus_ataraxia Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2015
    I want to buy this. I really do. It looks amazing, and probably plays amazing as well. It was just the game I wanted. My money is ready.

But if it's a grind, in the way that people here and the TA review are saying it is, then that needs to be fixed. Balance your game, and you get my money. Make it a F2P mess, and I'll put it in the pile of other games that could have been great that I never played.

4. Greatgoat

Greatgoat Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    #284 Greatgoat, May 21, 2016
    Last edited: May 21, 2016
    Oi devs!! the game keep on crashing when playing hell mode! help me out

everytime the squire do the sacrifice, it crash.. and the controller pad, it sometimes do the toggle thing.. damn! frustrating..

5. Press2Play

Press2Play Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Bussinessman
    Philippines
    Can't wait for the next content, but still having problem with some crash like everytime the cafe appears and playing the same level over and over again (materials) makes the game in to a crawl.Hope to see alot of good update for this game, if only this could be like castlevania like it would be suuuuppppeerrrr coooolll.

6. t0xic

t0xic Member

May 24, 2012
    Awesome game brutal and fun full satisfaction what else we need keep it up developer great work

7. Woods@HippieGame

Woods@HippieGame Well-Known Member

May 5, 2016
    Sorry about that, we're working on that! I'll make sure it is fixed in our next update!

8. Woods@HippieGame

May 5, 2016
    Good thing is we've just fixed that~ It won't crash after next update.

9. Woods@HippieGame

May 5, 2016
    Thank you very much for your support!
    Anything u think we can do to make it better?

10. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Love ignoring all of the posts regarding game balance. Oh well, good luck with your game. Ashame you don't want to listen to the balance concerns (which have even been validated by TA's review).

11. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    I K R
    It'z like a bad ep of Twilight Zone that keepz getting worse. The fun elements are truly there. Come on Hippie Game, pass the ball. Everybody wants to play Yo!

12. modus_ataraxia

modus_ataraxia Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2015
    Yes. Balance your game's experience and equipment around the game, and not around the IAP.

There are thousands of people who are looking for the next Castlevania-type game, since Konami isn't making them anymore. This was it. EXCEPT for the balance issues. You want people to buy your game? You want them to enjoy your game? Fix the balance.

13. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    Dear Woods and Hippiegames

Dear Woods,

from your reply to my whole post with an image, this is what i gather :
    when i decide to publish a gothic action game, i will probably look to hire the art and animation people from your company. They have some serious talent.
    The game designer, the finance and monetisation person, the game tester and the community manager... never. I think they hurt the game with how they set it up. Oh, and the sound guy, seriously. There is wonderful music playing in the background, and when the battle starts, the music just stops instead of pumping you on.

In most cases, companies and studios are make-or-break from their first product.
    Hippiegames,
    -not only produced a game that only caters to the grinders for life or the "whales"
    -But it wasn't honest about it upfront with its customers, trying to pass it off as a minimal grind experience
    -meanwhile, the community manager (i guess that would be you) having read about these problems from no less than both major mobile gaming sites TA and PG, from most of the community in the forums. AND in the Never Gone Facebook page,
    -insists that exessive grinding or IAPs are not needed, replies to the handful of grindhards or IAP spenders praising the game while ignoring the rest
    -INSTEAD of taking it all to the game designer and try to balance their game like 99% of the people tell them to,
    while dropping the game price to almost free.

Did you see Dark Souls being advertised as "Casual gamers will enjoy and complete it" ?
    Did you see Dungeon hunter 5 and Real Racing 3 advertised as "free players can have everything in the game with minimal grinding and no cash" ?
    Did you see Clash of Clans advertising "in this game, your skill is everything, not money" ?

No. Why? Because their companies had the decency not to lie to their prospective customers, much less keep insisting about it.
    In Geece, we have a saying for these products and companies. And we would know, because of a multitude of fake get rich quick companies in our modern past, that all sane people now avoid. We say : They are selling seaweed for silk.

I could care much less for my 3 euro, the price of a good double espresso, but i am writing this to you as a wake up call. If noone else ever told you so, i will. Get your stuff together and get to work on your game balace and issues, or be honest and stop denying the truth.

Or keep things as they are, and fail from your first product with a handful of supporters until the next new impressive game comes along.

Sincerely and with the best intentions,
    a Greek instabuyer of your game, and initial TA forum poster.

14. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    Well said.

15. nicoga3000

nicoga3000 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Structural Engineer
    Indianapolis, IN
    I really really hope the developers take these complaints into consideration. I want to buy this game so bad, but the current state of it is so crazy disappointing.

16. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    I already got a refund of the original $2.99 and, even with the current $.99 sale price, have no intention of supporting this developer until I have faith that changes are made.

It is sad because the game has a lot of potential. Just can't support a dev that is either not telling his true intentions or too stubborn to see the issues with the game (and this is coming from someone who doesn't mind some grind...but this is insane).

17. dasker4444

dasker4444 Well-Known Member

May 9, 2016
    I completely agree with you, I have talked with developers thousand times facebook and more I tried to talk to them, they have made it clear that users bother us their game mechanics is basically free to play that actually ruins the experience game and they remain justified in wanting to be a complicated game. but they are just excuses and that makes the tedious and repetitive play. then by more that many users have raised it they do not want to change that, always justified and lowered the price of the game something that generates distrust me even more. took more than 3 days without playing and that the game itself in design, characters and gameplay is excellent but the monetary system ruins the whole experience, get weapons and etc ... is overly complicated and without certain weapons is basically impossible to some levels, this company basically leaves you between a rock and a hard place to some extent reaching despair. then you do not know whether to continue giving bad life or stop playing the game. I chose to not play again until we see a change and apparently my boat for more money because the game is good greed of developers ruined the whole gaming experience.

18. Woods@HippieGame

May 5, 2016
    We've seen it and we've made it clear that it is not how we want u to feel. So, yes, we are working on game balance. Thank you.

19. Darklloyd777

Darklloyd777 Active Member

Feb 23, 2013
    Once it is balanced and the community agrees that it is balanced I will gladly buy the game #

20. Woods@HippieGame

May 5, 2016
    Point taken :)
    We are working on that