Universal Never Gone (by Hippie Game)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ramzarules, May 4, 2016.

1. dasker4444

dasker4444 Well-Known Member

May 9, 2016
    I hope soon add support mfi

2. Woods@HippieGame

Woods@HippieGame Well-Known Member

May 5, 2016
    Aha! Looking forward to your feedback after 10hrs in Never Gone ;)

3. Woods@HippieGame

May 5, 2016
    haha, we are working on that already!

4. rockhount

rockhount Active Member

Jun 27, 2013
    Is there an option for changing the language?
    German seems to be done via google translate, poor quality, I'd like to switch to english :-/

5. Woods@HippieGame

May 5, 2016
    Is that really so bad? :(
    The game language is set according to the system language of your iOS device.
    You can switch it from setting -> general -> language & region

6. rockhount

rockhount Active Member

Jun 27, 2013
    Well, it´s bad considering that it often seems to be a word-by-word translation. Sentences do not sound well, sometimes barely make any sense as you´d say it in a different way in german, which is why I mentioned google translate...

I know that budget must be tight and translations are quite expensive. So I do not blame you guys, in fact I always apprechiate the effort of offering a translation, though it´d be easier if it´d be selectable/changable ingame.

7. Woods@HippieGame

May 5, 2016
    Thank you very much for your understanding. We'll make it right, trust me T_T

8. Skall

Skall Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Game bought after reading this sentence! Hope the update very soon

9. dasker4444

dasker4444 Well-Known Member

May 9, 2016
    soon I hope the translation into Spanish

10. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Great review by Shaun on the front page for this. Summarizes my feelings exactly. Whether intentional or not, this is clearly geared as F2P. I again get difficulty but there is a point where grind is excessive. And this game is the epitome of that.

Even having to pay to see what your loot "may" be, is a very F2P technique. You can quickly run out of gold and gems and not even be close to the level and equipment necessary to continue on.

Ashame, as the review says, because this has potential.

11. Psychor

Psychor Active Member

Jun 28, 2013
    #271 Psychor, May 19, 2016
    Last edited: May 20, 2016
    When can we expect automatic iCloud save support? The current system doesn't work well.

Thanks.

12. Woods@HippieGame

May 5, 2016
    Sound good, we'll see what we can do :)

13. Woods@HippieGame

May 5, 2016
    Thank you~ We sure will keep updating as we have lot of new characters and contents prepared to be shown~

14. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    if you keep locking your content behind extreme grinding that takes away all the fun of the game
    - also as mentioned in the TA review with which i agree completely
    - as the same exactly was mentioned in Pocketgamer
    - because how fun is it to replay the same stage 20 times to try to get one piece of gear to progress, NOT cosmetic
    - and keep offering iAPS to skip the extreme grind, without recognising what everyone here is telling you
    - insisting that it's skill and replaying the game until your fingers are numb that is our choice

you will have shown your colours, and shame to all who supported you with buying your game as soon as it came out - like me.

Curiously waiting for these new contents...

15. Woods@HippieGame

May 5, 2016
    We did put some of those convenient shotcuts for players who's willing to pay. And I personally think that would give players more choice instead of one-time offer.

So, should you feel the temptation to buy gems? Sure!
    Is it a must? We tested thousands of times and made sure you can get gems you need for any item (but not all items) in the game!
    The way we do it is that we've put a great variety of contents in which players can earn coins & gems to spend in the game.
    Plenty of players and myself can clear 3 chapters without buying any gem and leave with enough gems to buy the most expensive outfit.

I think the real problem here is that we did not show players those ways & contents at the beginning of the game.
    And it is certainly daunting to see so many expensive items while you can only get tens of gold coins from rookie levels.
    The random loot system in Never Gone is also not helping when you are not so lucky at that point.

I'm not sure if you'd agree with me. But we've heard all the opinions and we sure will keep improving the gaming experience of Never Gone and make sure everyone can get loads of fun in our game.

Hippie Game is small but ambitious, we are developing new playable characters & chapters and lots of them are almost ready.
    After all, we left big companies hoping to create nothing but decent and enjoyable action game we'd love to play.

It's hard and we'll keep walking. Thank you again for your support and feedback.

16. Woods@HippieGame

May 5, 2016
    Check this out ;)
    [​IMG]

17. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    I appreciate your work but truly feel you need to rebalance the game to reduce the grind BEFORE working on new content, etc. I'm a hardcore gamer and if the grind is this difficult, I find it hard to believe anyone will really find it "loads of fun" to play after a while.

It's your choice but I think you are turning away more people than you are gaining. And someone like Shaun Musgrave plays tons of games like JRPGs that require a lot of grinding. So if he thinks it's bad, it's bad.

18. nicoga3000

nicoga3000 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Structural Engineer
    Indianapolis, IN
    Too bad about this game - I was interested in it for a long plane ride coming up, but all the talk of F2P hooks really deterred me. I remember when apps were almost all premium...Those were the days. The mixing of premium and F2P mechanics is borderline slimey. Hope the devs address this and stop being so jaded about it so that more people can really and truly enjoy this game.

19. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    Yes, even if the dev did not intend for the F2P aspects to be too much, he needs to reconsider his standpoint on it. It doesn't sound like he's receptive at all to rebalancing the game. It's not just the really expensive gear. It's everything IMO.

20. PrimoBr

PrimoBr Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2015
    Well, he already droped the price. I bet that soon the game will be free, maybe even with ads. 2.99 wasted.