Neuroshima Hex - dynamic wargame set in the post-apocaliptic world

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by BigDaddysCreations, Jul 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    This game looks complicated, I tried to read the tutorial on your website. If you guys are planning to add an online mode I will definitely buy this app when it comes out! I hope your tutorial is illustrated. How much will it cost?

2. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    This is what I like to hear. Multiplay might be nice but I plan to play mainly as a solo gamer and there is nothing more annoying than a strategy game that either has no AI, or only the most rudimentary AI only meant as a trainer before getting into multiplayer stuff.

3. Alyindar

Alyindar Well-Known Member

It's not, really. Each piece is unique and has its quirks, but mostly follow a consistent set of attributes (short triangle=melee attack, long triangle=ranged attack, multiple triangles=multiple attacks, etc.). Bear in mind that it is based off of a board game, so it was meant to be learned with a rulebook by your side. However, with a decent tutorial and a quick reference to abilities (like in Everlands), I bet the learning curve will be small.

4. BigDaddysCreations

BigDaddysCreations Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2010
    Software Developer
    Poland
    Epox, as Alyindar says, rules aren't complicated at all. Once you know the symbols on the tiles (there's just a few of those symbols to learn) you know it all :)

As for the tutorial, we did prepare a movie tutorial with subtitles, that shows all of the basics. Tutorial is about 5 minutes and it explains everything you need to know to play the game like attack types, modules giving bonuses, navigating the game, etc. There is also a game manual, that gives you more detail if you'll ever need to read the rules. There is also the Armies section in the menu where you can find descriptions of each of the four armies and description of each tile used in the game (what attacks does it have, what bonuses does it give).

This game may not be as simple as jumping up the platforms with a doodled guy, but I bet after 15 minutes and one game finished you'll know everything you need to know.

5. BigDaddysCreations

Jul 8, 2010
    Software Developer
    Poland
  6. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    The game looks fantastic. I haven't played the board game at all but it looks like something I'd love.

One question though: Why place the pause button on the right and the play button on the left? Seems like right handed players have to cross over the screen unnecessarily. Nothing game breaking but it does break the players sense of immersion.

7. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Awesome, I will buy it when it comes out!

8. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    How much will it be? And when can we expect to see it? :)

9. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    According, their website they are sending it for submission tomorrow. So next week probably. No clue about price. I would guess 2.99 - 5.99

10. BigDaddysCreations

Jul 8, 2010
    Software Developer
    Poland
    Yep, we're submiting tomorrow.
    The price will be 2,99$.

11. Alyindar

Just watched the video, it looks great! Very similar to how I would visualize it playing out. I admit though, the battle speed was a little on the slow side, any options to reduce the animations and just see each attack happening 1 or 2 seconds apart with a quick flash result instead of the constant zoom in and out? While i will probably play with the animations a majority of the time, there are times where I mint want to sneak 5 minutes in, and all the battle animations would take up a majority of that time.

And $2.99 US is a STEAL for a game like this! What are the long term plans for including additional expansion armies, or the Babel13 scenarios?

12. BigDaddysCreations

Jul 8, 2010
    Software Developer
    Poland
    Sure, we where always thinking like there's gonna be battle you want to watch and those you just want to skip, so every initiative phase may be skipped by pressing a fast-forward button placed in the upper-right corner. It skips all the animations and just shows casulaties.

Long term plans are... many :) Online multiplayer, additional armies, additional game boards and stuff like that. All as in-app-purchases.

13. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Great, can't wait.

14. you gonna use that game center then for om?

15. Alyindar

Thanks for the response, some Fantastic info! Really looking forward to this one.

16. Ohbobol

Ohbobol Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Sweet!

I've been eagerly awaiting the release of this game! I've never played the board game, but after hearing only good stuff about this game through here and boardgamegeeks have I been very intrigued. And hey, I fall in love with this game as much as I did Carcassonne, then I'll pick up the boardgame as well!

Gotta say, the release of more and more boardgames for iphone has made me fall in love with the actual boardgames. Maybe others as well feel the same way as I do. Heck I don't even play Carcassonne on the iphone anymore because the actual boardgame is more fun. Well that, and all the expansions ;) . I hope this only encourages more developers to work on more games!

I can't wait!

17. BigDaddysCreations

Jul 8, 2010
    Software Developer
    Poland
    @mrbass We're thinking about Game Center as a really nice multiplayer framework, so there's a chance we'll use it in the next release. The down side of using GC is having an app that only runs on 3Gs+ devices :/

And to all of you guys: I just want to remind you that today is the final day of submiting the answers for our small contest. We'll accept the answer until 23:59 CEST (UTC+2).

18. olio

olio Well-Known Member

May 5, 2010
    Not in the app store yet - can't wait to get playing :)

19. BigDaddysCreations

Jul 8, 2010
    Software Developer
    Poland
    Neuroshima Hex for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad trailer video

While waiting, watch this brand new, still hot, great looking Neuroshima Hex trailer video! :)

20. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    Nice to see it is getting some front page exposure. Hoping to see this in the App Store soon. :D