Neuroshima Hex - dynamic wargame set in the post-apocaliptic world

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by BigDaddysCreations, Jul 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    Awesome. Instant buy for me once it hits the App Store. :D

2. Sounds good but just trying to streamline apps. I got 441 apps now on itunes and trying to eliminate some that have iPad versions. But still say it is $3 for iphone and can 2X it and play on table. Hopefully the ipad version will be worth $5 (just guessing on price) to justify it.

3. Drucifer

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    I think I remember reading in the FAQ that the game will originally only come with single player with the AI or multiplayer hot seat but then it said that additional multiplayer modes are being planned for additional updates.

Not sure if online multiplayer is at all planned but if it is something you are working on do you think users with the iPhone/iPod Touch version of the game will be able to play online with people with the iPad version? Also will it be with friends or random people.... or both?

4. BigDaddysCreations

BigDaddysCreations Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2010
    Software Developer
    Poland
    I don't see why people who own the iPad version could not play with people who own the iPhone/iPod Touch version - of course this will be possible :)

Many people have asked us for adding a asynchronous multiplayer - a mode where players connect to the server, play few rounds, may disconnect and then connect again in some time. We're planning to add this in the next release.

In addition we think that so called local multiplayer would also be nice - people with iPhones, iPods and iPads meet in one room and they want to play using theirs devices. One of them hosts the game, others connect and play. Quick and simple.

Of course, multiplayer modes in not the only thing we plan to add in the future, but I can't speak of it yet :)

5. Drucifer

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    Awesome, asynchronous multiplayer was definitely on my wish list. I can't wait until I get my hands on this. :D

6. Castor Krieg

Castor Krieg Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2009
    Copy from the best - do it like Carcassonne, being able to run a few asynchronous multiplayer games at any time is great!

7. BigDaddysCreations

Jul 8, 2010
    Software Developer
    Poland
    Sure thing, few multilayer sessions at once with asynchronous multiplayer is a must.

Another thing. You've been very active in this post, so I'll give you heads up. We're preparing some promotiional materials that soon wil be available for all of you to download from our website, so check our site in few days and act as you're surpriced :p

8. richmlow

richmlow Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Research Mathematician
    Sounds great!!

richmlow

9. BigDaddysCreations

Jul 8, 2010
    Software Developer
    Poland
    I've got some great news for you guys. We added 16 Neuroshima Hex wallpapers for you to download from our site: www.neuroshimahex.com!

Just to show you some of them:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Visit the Neuroshima Hex website and leave us a comment which one you like the best!

10. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I think the lower right, which I see as the Gladiator-Umpire, is the coolest! :D

11. RonBurgundy

RonBurgundy Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Anchorman
    Channel 4 Newsroom
    I LOVE the soldier!

Is there any way you can make some of them into iPod/iPhone wallpapers? I know it won't work for the huge units like the mutant tank thingy but if I can have one of the soldier I would love that! ;)

12. BigDaddysCreations

Jul 8, 2010
    Software Developer
    Poland
    Ron, now you can have all of them for your iPhone :)

13. RonBurgundy

May 2, 2010
    Anchorman
    Channel 4 Newsroom
    Dang that was quick!... hmmm...

I LOVE sandwiches!
    If I can have a sandwich to eat when playing Neuroshima Hex on my iPod I would love that!
    *waits* :)

14. RonBurgundy

May 2, 2010
    Anchorman
    Channel 4 Newsroom
    *_x='+\_|*

€:_ `a-€ -| "-''-<} >_!!!

:+` >×c: a£_ ÷+× }+-<} €+ >a"_ >_ |×{{_£?!

15. starmonkey101

starmonkey101 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    This looks so ridicly amazing! I'm wondering, is there a story mode?

16. onewithchaos

onewithchaos Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    I know you guys have planned to release asynchronous multiplayer in the future but don't you think it might be better to release on day 1? Usually when you release multiplayer later your userbase isn't quite as big. Another thing, since you have the hd graphics are there any plans to give retina display support for iPhone 4?

This is just personal I sight. Lately I've been playing many turn based online games and I love them. I'm I treated in this one so hopefully it's a big hit

17. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Ahh but I just want to play AI and would be sad if I were made to wait just for the extra options I'd never use. Also I'm assuming all MP aspects will be dependent on this upcoming Game Center deally.

18. Drucifer

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    I agree, aside from LordGek I'm would like to be able to play the game and get the hang of it against the AI before I tackle online so I don't go in not knowing the game completely and getting destroyed by other players. ;)

19. BigDaddysCreations

Jul 8, 2010
    Software Developer
    Poland
    @starmonkey101 - not in the first release, I just don't want to tell you more, because it's supposed to be a surprice :)

@onewithchaos, @LordGek, @Drucifer - I guess I can reveal some implementation details. We're thinking about using OpenFeint for multiplayer, but the OF guys have to work on their multiplayer support, because as for now it's limited to just 2 players (and we need 2, 3 and 4), so as for now there's gonna be just hot seat/device pass multiplayer mode, solitary mode against AI and mix of both (i.e. two players and one AI).

20. thedemographic

thedemographic Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    This game looks fantastic! Really looking forward to the release, and would love to see online multiplayer eventually.