Universal Neuroshima Hex (by Portal Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by VeganTnT, Sep 17, 2010.

1. BigDaddysCreations

BigDaddysCreations Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2010
    Software Developer
    Poland
    @drdreh , We have tournaments and online rankings planned - we just need some time to add them :)
    @ultimo, we're not going to change our pricing model, or at least it's not planned as for now. We'd like to port NSHex for as many platforms as possible next year - we'll see how this goes :)

2. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    so, the campaign n the 4 races'll be a part of the primary package n extra races are dlc / ll the campaign be a dlc itself?

also... ll someone explain to me, how this strength for close ranged attack works? Any connected friendly has never attacked twice if he has the attack once thingy.

3. drdreh

drdreh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    wow!!!!!!!
    :d:d:d

4. lookmanohands

lookmanohands Active Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Cool, though I'd first rather see the current online implementation receive some needed polish. Like variable time limits for games, separate lists for your in process games and available games, ect. Basically aspects that would make the game more async friendly. Anything else while nice, should be a secondary priority.

I'm not sure I follow. Why would a unit attack twice it has the attack once 'thingy'? :) The possibilities for doing more than one damage are:

1) If the unit has two (or more) arrows stacked on the same edge of the card, the unit will do that much damage in that direction.
    2) If the unit has more than one initiation number (say a 2 and a 1) it will attack twice. Once in initiation round 2 and then again in round 1. Some factions like Outpost's base can grant this ability to units.

5. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    I'd love to see them too. They add such interesting tactics tat they definitely belong in the app.

Along with an option to move the unit tray to the right side (or preferably the bottom) of the screen.

6. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    #766 ultimo, Jul 31, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
    I was being attacked twice even if there were one arrow & only one # as that enemy card was "powered-up" by 2 enemy strength modules!

@bigdaddycreations...
    GUI change requests:
    could we make the pause also a reminder of the difficulty level of the current game, if possible in the game skin, not the typical apple pause
    also, the card tray button and turn button are placed on the left hand side, can we include an option to swap positions with the pause & the status button / totally configurable in the likes of archibald adventures please (makes puppy eyes)
    oh oh, one more thing that comes to my mind is... if I zoom into the board a little when its my turn, in the UI's turn te board is zoomed out @ and panned right in the middle, can we make it stay where I position it? Its like a continous back & forth pulling of the board like 2 hungry, egotistical monkeys pulling a banana for the keeps.... gets annoying!

Thats if it does not challenge the board of the online players... unless it can be made to stay whereever every player wants on their screens.
    Phew... sorry for making it so complicated (affects of Justice League season 1 re-run)

I suppose these inclusions'll make the game experience for all NSHexers even more attached & easier, now that it has established & created a huge iOS faithful fanbase (there I go again!)

7. BigDaddysCreations

Jul 8, 2010
    Software Developer
    Poland
    @VeganTnT, terrains are cool with some armies, less cool with the others. IMO they mess up the balance for some armies (melee units are more powerfull then ranged ones). We're thinking about it, but armies are a priority now - hopefully new army will arrive every 2 months.
    @ultimo, hard to follow you, man :) We plan to redo few thing next year, we'll keet this UI changes in our minds :)

8. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Because Picture speaks a thousand words...

I was carried away with the flow, sorry about that :eek:
    Attached following screenies:
    control layout self configurable (3)
    UI matching pause screens (2)
    Informative & UI matching pause screens (1)

Attached Files:

9. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Wrong thread, I think.

10. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    Guys, how do I accept a game invitation?
    I seem to get the notification but I see no game in the Internet section

11. BigDaddysCreations

Jul 8, 2010
    Software Developer
    Poland
    You don't accept anything - game should just appear. Maybe your opponent didn't tap Ready after sending the invitation? Or did he/she resigned?

12. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    @LordGek, Nope
    My msg is delivered :)

13. lookmanohands

lookmanohands Active Member

Jul 14, 2009
    What controls in NH need configuration? You tap to place. Granted the game is oversensitive/unforgiving in that regards. I'd say half the online games I've played either my opponent or myself placed a unit where we didn't mean to. If undo isn't possible (like it is offline) then while some people might hate it, a final confirmation would be nice. Are you sure this is where/how you want to place this? It's only two tiles per turn.

I'm not sure I like Vegas. I think they play too differently making NH a completely different game. Maybe I just don't like losing to them:)

14. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    @lookmanohands

I had explained it here

15. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    The Steel Police is coming!
    (quoted from David Neumann's news post at BGG)

16. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    Steel Police update is up, gogogo!

17. Drakeer Melkhor

Drakeer Melkhor Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Freelance
    Spain
    And the armies are on sale with a new pack of the whole 5 armies with even more discount!

Amazingly done Big Daddys Creation! :p

18. BigDaddysCreations

Jul 8, 2010
    Software Developer
    Poland
    Haha, I see again we couldn't stand a chance against your reflexes, guys :)

Yes, everything is on sale right now along with Steel Police and 5-army pack (get 5, pay for 4).

Also here's a short teaser for Steel Police

19. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    #779 sapphire_neo, Oct 16, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
    Excellent update... now get back to work on Eclipse! ^_^

Also, nice coincidence with the Steel Police is coming bit in the teaser.

20. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Lovely Army, Steel Police & NY Army look very interesting to me, Even may be neo jungle, but I am not going to get Steel Police as am running iPod touch 2g & am not going to buy another iOS device any sooner.

Is this also transitioning to Windows Phone now? Not the way it has into the Google play, well something is better than nothing, but Please if you are thinking of WP, please do it the way you have done it iOS.