Universal Neuroshima Hex (by Portal Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by VeganTnT, Sep 17, 2010.

1. amn624

amn624 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    publisher
    Nassau County, NY
    Semantics aside, it's a bug. The coding should have permitted undo, it does not, even though the icon is on the screen. There's really no other way to characterize this situation.

Thanks for responding and I am very much looking forward to a fix.

2. onewithchaos

onewithchaos Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    don't forget the multiple notifications for the same alert. and better indicators of when it's our move

3. amn624

amn624 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    publisher
    Nassau County, NY
    It's a BUG and it's about to cost me again. What's the point of even trying to play? I place my piece and have NO opportunity to turn it to the correct orientation.

You want time to fix it? How much time? Should have been released without the bug in the first place. Good grief. This is so damned frustrating.

4. amn624

amn624 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    publisher
    Nassau County, NY
    Open letter to Big Daddy's Creations:

I just received this message from a close friend.

"F!!! This !! Even on a decent pull the f'in interface locks a tile before #I can turn ;-( Doubt I'm going to pay this again - sorry ....."

I don't know what you folks need as evidence to fix this stupid BUG but it is obvious this has to be your first order of business, even if it means pushing back other apps in development.

UNDO functions perfectly in the puzzle and in the lite version (although some buttons are comically reversed for some reason in the puzzle). Given that pushing a forward button is required to pass the turn to another player, it is obvious that the greyed-out undo button was not intended. Where I come from, we don't try to call that error a face-saving "missing feature," we call it a BUG.

Please fix the damn BUG.

5. amn624

amn624 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    publisher
    Nassau County, NY
    B u g

Yet again, a tile settles in with no opportunity to turn it. Not only that, but the damn game just moves right on to my opponents turn, even though I have another tile to place.

Yeah, make the games start up quicker but don't fix a game changing bug. Nice work.

6. xiel

xiel Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2012
    Are the DLCs worth it ?

7. onewithchaos

onewithchaos Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    heck yea!

8. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    Update 2.2!

2 new armies - Smart & Vegas
    Improved AI
    Bug fixes

9. BigDaddysCreations

BigDaddysCreations Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2010
    Software Developer
    Poland
  10. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Whoa! Very nice, just in time for me to finally learn this game.

11. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    So if I get it right, the two new armies each add a neat unique mechanics:

Vegas: They can take control an opponent for a turn.
    Smart: They can induce terror and all of their units adjacent to the HQ at the start of a turn can move.

12. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Thanks for the update...downloading now. I've been looking forward to playing these latest classes on iOS since Big Daddy mentioned them, I love there abilities.

@Big Daddy Any chance all these expansions make there way (along with possibly multiplayer) to the Android version? That would be the icing on the cake. :)

13. BigDaddysCreations

Jul 8, 2010
    Software Developer
    Poland
    @LordGek, Vegas takes over an enemy unit for the rest of the game (unit fights for Vegas as long as in contact with Agitator or HQ)

@GodSon, sure, all the content from iOS will make it to Android and hopefully PC and Mac next year.

14. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Thanks...I have no problem being patient and will be grabbing them all when the time comes. I know I'd have a lot more async games over my Android. I still have plenty options between local and async on my iPad til then. ;)

15. Alyindar

Alyindar Well-Known Member

I regret I don't play Neuroshima Hex anymore, but I have to support one of my favorite developers so instantly bought both armies. I've used Vegas before in the board game, but wasn't overly fond of it. Never tried Smart before however, so curious to see how this one plays!

16. banger1103

banger1103 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2011
    I realize this game is old, but should I get it? Just saw it on these forums and seems interesting.

17. Ausar

Ausar Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    BCN
    actually i bought the game like 1 month ago after the sale "stupid move on my part" but i dont regret at all paying full price plus the two first adds on, the game in general is really good like confusing at first for me but with a few game with the ia is really well made and fast pace so you can play a few hands in any free time of course agains the ia.

i would say you should give it a go now that is on sale and can get all the adds for 4 bucks if you liked before goes up to 2 bucks for 1 add, and actually you have the lite version to try a few rounds

BigDaddysCreations now i'm looking forward to the pc version that i have no idea that was in the move

18. banger1103

banger1103 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2011
    Hmm yeah I'll hurry and try the lite version and see if I like it. If I do, I will definitely grab it during the sale!

19. BigDaddysCreations

Jul 8, 2010
    Software Developer
    Poland
    @banger1103, if you like tactical/strategic games you will most likely find NSHex interesting

20. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    It is a very original game that feels part tile layer, like Carcassonne, but then also a bit like you're battling with your own customized deck ala Magic the Gathering as each faction has its own unique tricks and twists to the basic gameplay rules.