Universal Neuroshima Hex (by Portal Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by VeganTnT, Sep 17, 2010.

1. telos81

telos81 Member

Dec 17, 2009
    That worked, thanks!

2. Fieryseraph

Fieryseraph Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2011
    BigDaddy - I wanted to say thanks for putting in the effort for this update. I don't think a lot of developers would have put that much effort into re-vamping a game that they had already released. I'm very happy that the game finally works on my iPod 2G.

3. BigDaddysCreations

BigDaddysCreations Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2010
    Software Developer
    Poland
    We're very pleased to hear that Fieryseraph. Making game playable on iPogs 2G and iPhones 3G was one of our main goals as you guys had a lot of problem before this update. Have fun!

4. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Just wondering if you guys have gotten any request for portrait mode for during the gameplay? Its more comfortable to play one handed games in portrait mode... Sorry for the weird question...

5. BigDaddysCreations

Jul 8, 2010
    Software Developer
    Poland
    Yes, but it would make everything unreadable :)

6. BigDaddysCreations

Jul 8, 2010
    Software Developer
    Poland
  7. Defard

Defard Well-Known Member

May 25, 2011
    UK
    Please please please bring back the old fast forward as an option. Now you have to endure watching the whole lot or skip it (and miss any important actions). It's pretty much broken playing the game on the toilet while at work!

8. onewithchaos

onewithchaos Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    I agree with this. I liked skipping certain phases not the whole thing

9. BigDaddysCreations

Jul 8, 2010
    Software Developer
    Poland
    Hah, it was one of these things everybody was asking for to be changed in the old version to what it is now :) We'll think of some solution to your problems :)

10. Rivozzz

Rivozzz Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Plz DEV, can u add in multiplayer online, 2 VS 2, and the winning time is the some both HQ?

11. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    #711 tops2, May 26, 2012
    Last edited: May 26, 2012
    Thanks a lot..now I'm down 2.99+0.99.. ;)

Never been a fan of board games..and definitely not interested in the hex board/strategy game. But tried the lite version and played some games and somehow found it fun despite losing pretty much all the time..but the few battles won was exhilarating. So picked up the "puzzle" version to learn the game. Found it fun and promptly picked up the full version of the game. I think by the end of the weekend I'll end up with the 2 expansion factions. ;)

Never thought I'd find these games fun cause I'm usually too lazy to figure out all the rules. Glad I really gave the lite version real good try.

12. BigDaddysCreations

Jul 8, 2010
    Software Developer
    Poland
    Rivozzz, we'd really like to add this, but this requires a lot of work, so it won't be soon. But at some point we'll for sure addteam play mode.
    tops2, it's great to see we've dragged you into playing strategy games :)

13. onewithchaos

onewithchaos Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    I love the game. am ok with the multiplayer for the most part. I saw your tweet on starting it up fast, and android version coming. that's great! I'm assuming we'd be able to play against android opponents?

I do have two quirks though. the app constantly sends me notifications that its my turn. once should be enough. I'd also like to see a better indicator when it's our move for a game, and a rematch option.

14. Is there an indicator? I started/joined several games the other day, but I can never tell when it's my turn. I get a notification, but once I'm in the app I can't tell which games are ready for me to make a move and which aren't.

15. soldat7

soldat7 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    Will NH ever be updated for the Retina display on the iPad. It looks rather atrocious right now. Again, see Carcassonne for the gold standard.

16. fifanatic

fifanatic Member

May 8, 2009
    random option?

Any chance of adding a Random option when selecting a faction for online play? I like playing with all of them, and would appreciate the challenge of adapting strategy to whatever teams me and/or my opponents end up with.

Love the app, been playing it nonstop since the update with all my friends!

17. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    I'd hope the filesize won't grow too much more.. Its 176MB on my ipod. The puzzle version's filesize is almost 1/3 the size at 62MB. But otherwise..still a fantastic game.

18. BigDaddysCreations

Jul 8, 2010
    Software Developer
    Poland
    Retina enhanced map will be added in next update, which will be probably sent today or tomorrow for approval.

19. amn624

amn624 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    publisher
    Nassau County, NY
    This game DESPERATELY requires the same UNDO feature available for quick mode, custom mode, lite version and puzzle.

There is literally ZERO reason to not have undo. It is far too easy to have a tile settle into the placed location without any opportunity to rotate it to the desired orientation. In fact, the settling in - with no need to press the confirmation arrow - is a MAJOR BUG.

That the BUG remains unfixed so long after launch is a horrible knock against the developers.

Why no undo? Who could it possibly harm?

20. BigDaddysCreations

Jul 8, 2010
    Software Developer
    Poland
    It's not a BUG, it's just a missing feature. We need to change few things to allow undo in multiplayer games and this is no easy change. Please be patient, we're aware of this problem and wll implement it as soon as we can.