Universal Neuroshima Hex (by Portal Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by VeganTnT, Sep 17, 2010.

1. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    But Carcarrasonne is as dull as hell...if this game is like that then soz.

2. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Your welcome. :p:D:);)

3. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Since this is only $3, I will just pick it up now and play it in 2x mode. I can always grab the HD version when it comes out.

4. What's wrong with roll a die and move a piece? Can't Stop is a great classic game by Sid Sackson..hehehe. Anyway yea I'll be waiting for ipad version. Carcassonne came out over 3 1/2 months ago promising a universal update so hopefully I can play this for New Year (January) or Chinese New Year (February).

5. MunkieSuthorn

MunkieSuthorn Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2009
    IT Manager
    Connecticut, USA
    I have been waiting for this just as an avid gamer, but my first pass at playing it is leaving me very confused.

Is there any online resources for tips and tricks for playing?

Thanks,
    Munkie!

6. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Game Impressions

Excellent game: very polished, easy to pick up, but with tons of depth to the gameplay. Even on "Easy" the AI is no push over. The fact that battles can start at any moment (either initiated by you or by your opponent) makes it feel a bit like an action game.

Online multiplayer is coming (apparently), but there's a couple other things I would love to see:

* as someone mentioned, player stats with games won/lost, units destroyed, damage done, etc. Maybe the player would get a rating that would carry over online.

* an actual campaign. Now, I'm sure that this is a departure from the original board game, but there's such a strong story to it already that it would be great to see it come to life through a series of pre-planned matches.

In any event, congratulations to Big Daddy Creations. Hope it does great.

@Munkie: make sure to read the manual. The video tutorial is helpful, but the manual goes much more in-depth. Also, spend some time reviewing the units so you get a good sense of their capabilities.

7. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Love the board game, so this is an insta-buy for me. Can't wait for the iPad version. Gratz to the devs!

8. Drakeer Melkhor

Drakeer Melkhor Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Freelance
    Spain
    Maybe they are going to do Neuroshima Hex an universal app, as Carcassonne or Samurai.

9. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    I just bought the game!

10. nope a separate app for mo money
    http://www.neuroshimahex.com/faq/

11. iDRevolution

iDRevolution Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Canada
    This game is amazing!!
    lost my first 17/20 to 18/20 :D

12. mlkaufman

mlkaufman Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Chicago

Why are you guys even in this thread? I just don't understand people.

13. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    How similar is this to Samurai? Is gameplay significantly different enough to purchase both?

14. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Very different! While this looks like a fun game each army has unique strengths and weaknesses as well as many special abilities, on the other hand the Samurai gameplay is a lot more straight forward with all players having the exact same tiles.

Really the only connection between the two is that they're both tile laying strategy games. If you like these type of games have you already seen Carcassonne?

15. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    I have RK's Samurai and this game is nothing like it other then the hex layout. This is a great board game that you should check out though.

16. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    Yes, I've had Carcassonne for a while now. The strange thing is that I'm not very good at these hex type games (except for Catan). I'm really good at the Knizia games except Samurai, which I've only won once. I'm also pretty terrible at Carcassonne. It doesn't keep me from enjoying them however.

17. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I'm liking this game so far but have to admit getting the abilities of the various units and the instant action cards isn't super intuitive and, as far as I know, there is no easy way to bring up help in-game (I hope I'm missing something obvious here but in-game is when I NEED to be able to look up the info all game mechanics and unit abilities!).

18. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    You aren't! But to be fair to the game, you end up getting the swing of things after a few games. I am already playing the hardest ai. But I will say that there are games where it won't matter because of your tile selection. You are just going to loose.

19. marker1c

marker1c Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2010
    Philipines
    I want to get this but I am a bit concern about the lack of a campaign mode.

20. BigDaddysCreations

BigDaddysCreations Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2010
    Software Developer
    Poland
    I'm not sure who told you about this campaign mode, but that was to suppose to be a surprice we're working! :)