Universal Neuroshima Hex (by Portal Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by VeganTnT, Sep 17, 2010.

1. BigDaddysCreations

BigDaddysCreations Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2010
    Software Developer
    Poland
    Thank you! We put six long months into development of this game! Sometimes we were working 12-14 hours a day on this app, but comments like this tell us it was worth it!

2. thedemographic

thedemographic Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    I'm very excited that this game was released. Like some others here, I have not played the original board game. However, the exceptional graphics, coupled with enthusiasm and regular communication from the developers gave me reason to learn about the game, and follow its progress. I plan to download this app as soon as I can link to a wi-fi network.

I am also very excited about an upcoming online-multiplayer mode. Congratulations to the developers on this release! I can't wait to play.

3. Quorlan

Quorlan Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2009
    Game Designer
    Georgia
    Instabought. Been waiting for this one. Too bad I won't have time to play it until tonight. Congrats to the devs on the release!!!

4. Slaysme

Slaysme Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Ohio
    I herebuy kick all doubters off of the fence.go buy this game now. To the dev... Looks fine on iPad......but I'll double dip this one. Just please make the expansions work with both versions! I won't DD DLC. Back to game!

5. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    About time. ;)

Just finished downloading it now I've got something to keep me busy on the weekend. :D

6. trystero

trystero Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Finally! Sweet & bought.

7. olio

olio Well-Known Member

May 5, 2010
    Finally \o/

8. richmlow

richmlow Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Research Mathematician
    This is an instant buy for me!

It's great to see an ever-increasing presence of quality board games on iOS devices. =)

richmlow

9. RagManX

RagManX Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Just heard about this a couple days ago. I know nothing about it, but people I trust for gaming reviews here at TA seem to be speaking well of it, so I'll probably pick it up. It looks very clean and well put together, and I usually get into strategy games anyway. Certainly high on my future-purchases list, just not sure how soon I'll open the wallet again (but very soon - I lack self-control).

10. eyemh8

eyemh8 Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    To stay stupid
    Estes Park co.
    Great game a lot of strategy involved but I am a noob at this game. hopeing for these things.

Retna display
    Fast app switching
    Some kind of campain mode (even simple progress through A.I. Difficulty)
    Personal stats games won lost etc...
    Multilayer (I know this has been addressed)

11. TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2010
    College student, studying English/Japanese lit.
    Looks like a very slick UI wrapped around an interesting game. I think I'll take VeganTnT's word for it and grab this.

12. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    I know good board games! ;)

13. BigDaddysCreations

BigDaddysCreations Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2010
    Software Developer
    Poland
    @VeganTnT, you sure do! :)

14. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    Please, please prove me wrong and somehow disagree with this upcoming statement, as I would love to be enlightened on the subject.

To me, the fact board and bored rhymes isn't a coincidence - I find board games boring. The very premise just bores me, especially the fact that many board games are made for 2 players, and playing an ai would be lacklustre.

But prove me wrong. Can someone post, about the game, and tell me how fun it is. Thank you!

15. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Hopefully dev will add GameCenter.

16. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Is an iPad version coming?

17. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Look on the first page. :rolleyes:

18. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    Yes, The video on the OP is the game running in 2x on an ipad but there is a separate HD version coming later.

19. Alyindar

Alyindar Well-Known Member

Just downloaded it, and it is everything I could have hopped for and more! It scales wonderfully on the iPad, and the pieces do not look pixelated in the least in 2x mode.

To the naysayers who are ignoring this wonderful offering just because it is a board game: it is your loss. Board games are no longer the Monopoly, Game of Life, etc. form of "roll a die and move a piece" - they have evolved into something much greater, and Neuroshima Hex is a fantastic example of that evolution, as is Carcassonne and Reiner Knizia's Samurai.

This game is great, both on the table and on the iPad, and I couldn't be happier with the care the developers put into this title. Bravo!

20. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Okay Rita.:rolleyes:

Thanks