NerfGame - Lost Socks: Naughty Brothers - Mar 02

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by nerfgames, Feb 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nerfgames

nerfgames Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2015
    Games

Don't worry.
    We do some black programming magic, so you only need your 736 mbytes.

2. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Ok....I'm not sure if we can talk freely before the game will be out worldwide but....

WOW.

Finally put more time in the game...first impression was awesome...but playing further it gets even better.
    I'm around 6-7 level in, and it's AMAZING.

Technically it's a real wonder, but you already all know that (do know that music/effects are on par with the graphics).
    The game is PURE UNADULTERED FUN, I'm LOVING how they crafted the levels...there are multiple paths, multiple weapons choices, multiple 'tasks' to do to gain gold to buy weapons and special features, bonuses during the levels and special powers....all in a hard but very fair difficulty.
    Everything in the game has its own sound/animation/special effect...when you start activating powers, breaking cages, doing combos on enemies the game erupts in a audio-visual orgy.
    Always smooth as silk.

I get the same vibes I got playing an (AWESOME) shoot em up/hard platform on arcades back in days, where you have to memorize levels and such.
    Great replayability because, unless I suck badly, to gain the 3 starts in each levels often you have to do multiple pass.
    Stages length so far was perfect.

As for controls...I'm playing on iPhone 6S only for now but so far they were perfect...
    It took me a bit to get used to the fact that secondary weapon is not a long fire button press but has its own one, and to the fact dash makes you invulnerable.
    After like 30 minutes they are all second nature...and 'm finally be able to calibrate the jump button and the parachute thing to jump exactly where I want....something pretty crucial because the game really doesn't mess around.
    You will see when the new enemies appear, the ones that fire at you back.

And lastly...this game has character and personality.
    The titular sock, despite how absurd it might seem, is pretty badass and his weapons are really fantastic.

I'm really impressed by this game, and I'm liking it even more than I anticipated.

My only (VERY VERY VERY) minor quirk with the game is that when the tasks appear for the first time before the level (when there is that kind of sun rays/explosion white effect) the stay on screen too little...I can't read them properly (not that it would change anything).

I can't remember if I already asked and maybe was already answered...I can't install the game on iPad right now but I wonder if it syncs progresses between the devices (just curious).

Again, thanks to the dev...I really hope you get the recognition you deserve...it's really apparent this was a labor of love.
    The Appstore really needs this AAA quality games, but I can EASILY see this very same game on consoles or PC (not sure if planned).

3. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    #103 jpgold, Feb 26, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2016

This is all 100% true. In addition there are always three "missions" to complete. Once completed you get a bunch of gold to use on upgrades and other perks. This adds replay as have to go back to certain levels at time to complete.

Edit: just reread your post and realized you mentioned that. You summed it up perfectly

4. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Though not level 1-8 yet, but i perfected all others including 1-9 just a moment ago...phew. I'm glad there are no stats.
    I could be shocked and followed by fainting for the time i already invested.

As a little thanks for the code, but also as a serious GOTY contender in my little book, i try to put your game in my signature. If i ever find out how that works, lol.

5. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Thanks God there isn't a deaths counter either....because I do not want to know.

The 'just one more game' factor is unbelievable.
    Besides getting gold coins you HAVE to proceed to unlock the weapons...brilliant.

I'm not sure if I got it right but, am I correct assuming that:

You unlock weapons and then you can buy them with the gold.
    You unlock powers and aids buying them with gold, but you can't activate them at will, you have to shoot those flying pink things and then the game gives you one random selected from the ones you bought? (Which you vpcan even level up).

Also noticed you can 3 star a level (getting 3 cages in a single play through), 'light' the washer (getting over a certain score to get a fixed amount of money) and then you have tons of tasks scattered around to get even more money.
    Replay value is out of the roof.

Sometimes I 'unleash' some special powers or combos, but I have no idea on how I did...the game actually write somethings on screen (and sometimes the sock say something too) but I'm too thrilled and trying not to die to stop and read :)

People....if you like what you see...consider buying the game at launch...do not wait for a sale months later.
    If you do not trust the early adopters wait for a review etc...but do not wait months.
    I do not if this is the case but many devs cannot afford to stay without money for long, and showing them the appreciation with your wallet on day one (or first week) is the best way to guarantee they will do other games you might love.
    I never say this...but after seeing some of my fav devs recently disappearing and realizing this very awesome game could have been TOTALLY ruined with a free to play monetization scheme, I felt to urge to say it.
    This is a AAA quality premium experience (besides being a great game), if you like these kind of things show it next week....complaining later doesn't help anyone.

Just my two cents....now back dying :p

6. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Tapping the fat n the lower right side of the screen just before starting a level will tell you about the combos Pitta

7. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Yep, I can verify that I still have, well, 744 MB after downloading. This game will be eating up my weekend free time though :D!! Just awesome.

8. nerfgames

Dec 24, 2015
    Games
    Well, you deserve a special thanks from me and our team. We have made this game to get a reaction LIKE THAT).

You have said that
    Well, shame on me. That's totaly my bad)
    The thing is that I am responsible for IT in our team. And I wanted to make loading screens as fast as possible. There are some really badass things happening under the hood to make the level load so fast. If you are curious, there are about 350 mb of data loaded from drive each time you launch a level. It could have taken a minute if done not properly) We have really pushed it to the limits, and now it's kinda to fast:D:D:D
    We decided to leave it like that. If you have an rather old device (iphone 5), reading these tasks would entertain you. If you have a high-end device, well... You can see them in pause screen and on the map (there is a button on the right side of the screen). And if you play our game a lot, loading screens are too boring to stay on them for too long.

Cheers!

9. nerfgames

Dec 24, 2015
    Games
    We are working hard to save your drive and steal your time)

10. Qwertz555

May 22, 2010
    Once you died (and you will, a lot) the replay is ultra fast. Hell of a good job!
    After minimum 7 hours of gaming, i had not one crash and everything runs buttersmooth. Iphone 5s, 8.4.1

11. nerfgames

Dec 24, 2015
    Games
    That's great to hear!
    We were realy fighting hard with those crashes)

12. Qwertz555

May 22, 2010
    Still so overwhelmed by all the action that i missed the shuriken-combo-counter on the game over screen. Best after gazillion attempts 5/7, once.
    Too quickly is another similar combo triggered like Tricky or Madness.

13. nerfgames

Dec 24, 2015
    Games
    And yes, I have made a research and promocodes should work just as good as if you have bought the game on the appstore. You should be able to install our game on your other devices as soon as we release it)

14. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Was literally coming here to post the exact same thing.

Did I mention that this game is amazing and hits all the right spots for this genre? Gets better each time you play.

Kind of bummed I'm going to miss out on the excitement /anticipation next Wed.

15. nerfgames

Dec 24, 2015
    Games
    I'm happy to know that you have learned something from this task)
    This is what they are for (some of them).

16. luckystrikeguy

luckystrikeguy Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Well with all the gushing going on I'm properly excited about this one.

17. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Thank you for making this game, it really shows it is a labor of love.
    I genuinely hope you will get a lot of success with the game, you really deserve it from what I was able to experience.

Don't get me wrong...LEAVE IT as it is.
    It's SO DAMN FAST I can't even throw my iPhone at the wall after dying that I've already started another game.
    Really....restarting is fast as the blink of an eye...impressive....and perfect for this kind of game.

Actually, technically is a real marvel.
    I even noticed that, despite all those gorgeous animations and graphics....the game is really light on my battery.

Impressive.

18. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Looking forward to this more than any other title right now!! #

19. nerfgames

Dec 24, 2015
    Games
    #119 nerfgames, Feb 26, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
    I tell you a secret.
    There is a "reset progress" button in settings. and your friend will start all over again)))

settings -- > click button onthe right :) reset progress game ;D

20. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Glorious, glorious..... GLORIOUS!!!!!

Played 2 hours straight....so damn fun!!!!
    Battery usage is almost negligible...impressive.

But...but....I can't even unlock the first boss!!!!
    I didn't even know I had to unlock it!!!
    Brutal!!!
    But it's so incredibly fun!!!!