NerfGame - Lost Socks: Naughty Brothers - Mar 02

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by nerfgames, Feb 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Yes, you could tell that it's an auto runner.

2. nerfgames

nerfgames Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2015
    Games
    Yes, on all supported devices our gameplay runs at 60 fps.
    That are:
    - iPhone 5 and higher
    - iPad 4 and higher
    - iPad mini 2 and higher
    Although we have slightly lower fps in menu but only on the slowest supported device -- ipad 4
    On everything else it runs smoothly)

3. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Embarrasing honesty - Nope.

I finally realized there was no shooting to the left, but only after i watched the video a second time.
    Maybe take that in your description to prevent confusion and even disappointed or angry reviews?

Oh, not that i care, but what's the price for this beauty?

4. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    I'm very excited about this one! #

5. skylined87

skylined87 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2014
    That is so meta lol

6. ac166

ac166 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    I was about to post the same thing!

7. ac166

ac166 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Hooray! With cross platform save?

8. nerfgames

Dec 24, 2015
    Games
  9. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Looks amazing.
    I need this NOW.

10. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    The visuals in the new trailer seem a little more comic book-y this time around

Fantastic sense of style, sorta reminiscent of that XBLA game Comic Jumper I think it was called?

11. skylined87

Nov 9, 2014
    This game is so freaking awesome, I have been having ALOT of fun with it. The graphics, sounds, explosions, weapons, and mayhem have all been very skillfully crafted. And just 6 levels in, it is already proving to be quite the challenge! I am so happy I verbally threatened the devs with a breaking and entering so that I could get an early copy, lol. This game is absolutely top notch in all areas.

So far the only problem that I'm having is that the way the light weapon and dash buttons are placed I sometimes end up dashing when I mean to shoot. So, if somehow in a future update you could offer customizable buttons that would be killer! But seriously, that is the only bad thing I can say about that game, and even that really doesn't hinder me much at all.

This game is truly an incredibly original, stylish, and beautiful work of iOS gaming art, and it will forever hold a place on my device. Did I mention it is a heck of a lot of FUN?! I didn't think anything could pull me away from Crashlands, but this might just do the trick! Definitely up there with Crashlands for my GOTY pick, and that is saying a lot.

I cannot recommend this game enough, it is pure gold! Thank you so much Nerf games for allowing me to try it! I will forever buy anything you guys make!

As for the rest of y'all, you guys are in for a treat! ###

12. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    I'm so envious!!!!
    If I could pay for an early copy I would do it (I mean...I want the game YESTERDAY but I want to give devs their earned money).

Watched the trailer on repeat yesterday...I know they are different games but for some reason it reminds me the upcoming (console) Cuphead.

I get this is an auto runner...you always go forward, no going back I guess, but I wonder if you can stop or the screen always advance...not clear from the trailer (with bosses presence I assume you stop?).

Anyway, can't wait....the look and those animations are really top notch.
    Loving the 'impact' when things blow up too.

13. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Obviously not in all areas...

Personally, i'd consider this as the most important issue "nail those bloody controls". Most Devs nail the responsive part, but buttons (even if it's just one) customization in place, size and opacity still seems to be an overlooked part, or ignored (we know what's best for you) or not able to code them...so what is it, please?
    Shouldn't be reading impressions and reviews a must to learn from other games in that genre to eliminate mistakes?

Furthermore they totally forget about the screen size of all the different devices out there. And by saying, it's coming with an update, they already lost their best first impression, imho.
    I dare to quote a Dev from his first upcoming game:

"We only get one launch, and we want it to be terrific!"

PS: I will buy this beauty anyways, specially after reading your positive post. And i'm also a bit jealous right now, lol.
    Just saying, i played and enjoyed Adventures of Pip before they updated the now perfect controls (as above mentioned). Some of you might know how responsive but finicky they were.

14. nerfgames

Dec 24, 2015
    Games
    Hi, Qwertz555!
    We have struggled A LOT for good control with responsive buttons. We had many experiments with the way how the butons and their hitzones are placed. We even HAD buttons customisation, but we removed it in order to get a better game experience out-of-box with the help of giant hitzones.
    For example, the jump button that is placed on the left and where you almost never look, has half of the screen as a hitbox. Our three action buttons, that are placed on the right also have big hitboxes.
    Moreover we have different buttons placement on iPhones and iPads, since they have different screen sizes and ratios.

@skylined87 also mentioned that "and even that really doesn't hinder me much at all"
    That's because the first levels are easier and therefore you have the time to get used to the buttons. In our experience, players get used to our buttons system fast enough and very soon stop making mistakes. (level 6 is not a fifth part of the game, there are tasks that make you complete the same levels in different ways, so level 6 is just the beginning).
    Summary: it's really difficult to have a hardcore game on a small device without physical buttons, but we did our best and we think we did the best of what's possible. And I'm sure that @skylined87 will stop making mistakes really soon)

15. nerfgames

Dec 24, 2015
    Games
    Thank you!
    I think that cuphead is similar to us because we both have different but oldschool disney-style graphics.
    But we look more like comics and they look more like a cartoon.

16. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Yeah.
    It really does look gorgeous.

Can't frigging wait...March 3 is too far away!!!

Does the game sync between devices?
    If not I must decide where to play it....iPhone 6S always with me or iPad Air, where the awesome graphics will be bigger.

Decisions....

17. nerfgames

Dec 24, 2015
    Games
    We don't have sync yet, but so many people already asked for it that we think to add it in the first update.

"iPhone 6S always with me or iPad Air"
    Well, our Art director likes playing on iPhone 6s.
    Our game designer likes iPad mini 3 the most.
    And IT director has given his heart to iPad Air 2.

It depends greatly on your personal habits.

But you should definitely try playing with headphones on! It shows our game in a whole new way!

18. nerfgames

Dec 24, 2015
    Games
    BTW. @skylined87 do you play with headphones on?
    If not, you definitely should. Or at least play with sound turned on)

19. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy

Thanks for the reply.
    The fact your art director plays on iPhone 6S is telling, might be my first choice before the eventual sync update.
    I never EVER play without sound and mostly without headphones.....I always appreciate good sound design as much as good graphics and from the trailer I am pretty confident to be blown away in that department too.

Now hurry up....just press that publish worldwide button!!!!!

20. skylined87

Nov 9, 2014
    The controls are working just fine for me now. As Nerf said, it wouldn't take me long to get used to the controls, and he is definitely right! I am already not the most coordinated person, so I mostly blame myself for not being able to master the controls right away. The buttons are very responsive, and it doesn't take long to remember where you need to press at the right time.

As far as the sound, the sounds are perfect and they really immerse you in the game world. I always play with the sound on, but I normally only use headphones at night while my girlfriend is sleeping so I don't keep her up.

Another thing I really like is the fact that every time you die, the coins you have collected in that level don't disappear. This makes it easy to max out your weapons and power ups so that you can be the most powerful sock you can possibly be! Believe me, I need all the help I can get because this game gets HARD; at least for me that is.

Again, great work on this one Nerf! I am having a lot of fun with this!