Universal Neoteria - Remaster (by OrangePixel)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by goiMot, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Buttons are visible, at least on iPad, but become invisible after pausing the game. I'm sure it's a bug.

2. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[size=+2]NEOTERIA[/size]
    is one of the nominees for
    [size=+2]Touch Arcade Game of the Week
    22/02/2012
    [/size]

Do you like this classic horizontal shoot them up game?

[size=+3][thread=123528]VOTE HERE[/thread][/size]

- Devs cannot vote for their own games -​

3. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Great game and got my GOTW vote. That said, I haven't been able to play it as much. And believe it or not, I'm sadly stuck on the third level on the second world on Easy, nonetheless.

There's this part early in the level where you go through a section of cave that zig zags. Then a couple of those enemies you have to hit like three-four times to blow up. I always seem to not have enough time to move down and then shoot the baddie in time. Or I try to move down to quickly and hit the wall.

Haven't had any frustration at all until this point. I think I've played it like 50 times and gotten through like twice (and unfortunately with not enough health to make it to the end of the level). Every other level thus far has been pretty easy going, as it is, afterall, on the easy difficulty.

Definately a great game though.

4. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    You can go back and replay world one, and build up your shot strength. I had to once I hit level 3-3... Ended up going back and fully upgrading my shot strength (by collecting those blue diamonds) - and the shot bar is under the health, let's you know how close you are to upgrading. =o)

5. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    #45 awp69, Feb 26, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
    Thanks, I'll give that a shot!

EDIT: Did and and, wow, made an incredible difference. Made it through 2-3 and the rest of World 2 on the first try after my weapon was upgraded. All along, I thought the diamonds were just for higher scores :rolleyes: )

6. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    #46 awp69, Feb 27, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
    I hit a game save bug now as well. Had changed the direction buttons a little further apart from the default earlier in the game. But after starting World 3, I was having to move more and decided that I wanted to place the buttons closer together.

Came back to the home screen after changing the placement and ALL of my progress was gone. Will have to start on World 1 again. If the levels weren't as short as they were, I'd really be upset. But it is annoying after finally getting past where I was by leveling up my weapon.

7. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Sorry about what happened, but I'm glad I'm not going crazy. I hit the save bug again after I re-installed.

I wish OP would say something...anything.

8. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    One weird thing was that it did save my weapon upgrades. At least that allowed me to blow through the levels again fairly quickly.

But yeah, OP should address whatever is causing this. I also have had the button disappearing issue as well. Less annoying, but a bug nonetheless.

9. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Yeah, where's Pascal? I was hoping he'd say something about the invisible buttons bug.

10. orangepascal

orangepascal Well-Known Member

#50 orangepascal, Feb 27, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
    oops sorry guys, was subscribed to this thread but seems I wasn't receiving any mails from the posts!

Read thru the replies quickly, so some feedback:

1) The save bug is a bad one, and a fix is on it's way!
    - edit: fixed, sadly can't undo lost saved data

2) looking into the arrows disappearing, that's a bug and not a feature.. haven't seen it happen yet tho, except it should happen if you play with a Joypad or iCade (or possible any bluetooth keyboard device and accidentally press a key.. ) but they should reappear after X seconds of no key presses

- EDiT: they disappear after pause and continue, will be fixed

3) the distortion on ipad.. not sure what you mean, it's developed using an iPad and it's running normal as far as I can see, maybe I just don't have a good eye sight ? ;)

finally, another control option is being added (already live on Android to test it out and because there is now approval process to delay quick changes) giving a more standard 360 degree control as option.

working on the fix, hope to have a new version live next week (apple's approval takes about 6-7 days)

11. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Thanks for addressing our concerns! One other thing I am having issues with is that if I play for longer sessions, the controls seem to get less and less responsive.

I've had several times where I've crashed into something because there was lag between the time I pressed a directional button and when the ship actually moved. To me, this is even worse than the invisible controls issue (of course, the save problem is the most pressing IMO).

12. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Now there's the OP I know! :D Thanks Pascal!

Yup, I've noticed this too, but I thought it was just me.

13. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Now, I don't even think it's necessarily from long play sessions. Even starting fresh on World 3, I've died numerous times due to my ship not moving when I pressed the button and it didn't start moving until it was too late.

There may be a bit more happening on the screen, but it doesn't seem as hectic something like Phoenix, which runs perfectly fine on my 2G.

It's annoying, but also something I'm not used to with OP games, as they've had some of the most responsive controls for platformers on the iOS.

14. orangepascal

This game runs at a slightly higher FPS, so that might cause the problems on some older hardware (noticed it on the iPod touch 2g also). Will look into a fix for it.

15. EvilArev

EvilArev Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    I got it on Xperia Play. It's pretty good. Decent difficulty level, energetic soundtrack with a well executed straight-forward gameplay. Definitely a worthy position for all shmup fans, so if you're one and hesitating - stop and buy it.

16. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    I'll probably hold off on playing the rest of World 3 for now as it's just about impossible to navigate without crashing into something (I got to 3-4 before it really began giving me trouble). Based on my past OP experiences, I figured this was a safe bet even on my 2G. Hopefully you'll figure something out. Thanks!!

17. -NoVa-

-NoVa- Member

Mar 12, 2009
    "Requirements: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.Requires iOS 3.1 or later"
    Cannot start on 1st gen. iPod Touch. Not a big problem, but I can buy the game, pay for it, download it, all on the device, without any notification of incompatibility.

18. orangepascal

19. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Any word on a 2G fix for the control lag? Tried the 360 degree control ... still lags and the game is pretty much unplayable starting with level 3-4.

20. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    THANKYOU ! Was an interesting idea just having up/down before but i'm loving the 360 degrees touch relative controls, finding it much easier now ! Thankyou