Universal Neoteria - Remaster (by OrangePixel)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by goiMot, Feb 24, 2012.

1. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    really...??

I think the game looks GREAT on my iPad... no distortion at all... and it does look a bit pixilated... but definitely not like it's in 2X mode... just the retro graphics...

here's a comparison...

iPad

[​IMG]

iPod sized at 2X

[​IMG]

2. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Again, thanks SV. It's much better now!

Now if only I could make the buttons a bit bigger. And what's with them going invisible?

3. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    no problem-o =oD

4. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    You might be right, but I definitely think there's still a problem. It's probably simply to do with the larger screen. We're seeing the pixels too close. Or to put it another way, for the iPad screen, the pixels are too large.

Look at your ship while it is still. Then move it up or down. Do you not see how it immediately becomes more "blurry" as soon as you input a movement? The enemy ships area blur all the time due to this. And if you look closely at the background you notice the same thing.

I do think it's just the game, and this becomes much more apparent on the iPad, but whichever way you slice it I think it looks horrible. And I have nothing against pixel graphics per se; in fact quite the contrary.

5. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]

AHHH... Yes, now I see it... gotcha. Dunno if I'd call it horrible though... =o/

6. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Well, there's only two things I really don't like about the game.

1. The arrows go invisible and it throws me off tremendously. I need visual representation.

2. I lost my saved game. I think i was on the 4th level when i closed out of the game. When I came back I was fighting a boss, but I never beat the level I was on. I closed the game and relaunched it, only to find that I was back at level 1.

7. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Been looking forward to this! *purchases/downloads*

8. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    this is an OrangePixel game that i probably will NOT pick up. not a fan of the genre, you see. but feel free to wake me up when the next platformer is out ;)

9. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Only played through the first world and first segment of the second world. Good fun and while it seems easy for a shmup (well, the default setting until you unlock "normal" is easy), the usual OrangePixel challenge is there as I haven't been able to three-star any level yet.

The "levels" are pretty short. But I'd say the replay value is high.

No brainer if you're an OP and shmup fan.

10. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    You get one star for beating the level on Easy, the second star for beating it on Normal, and the 3rd star for beating it on Hard.

=o)

11. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Wow, now I feel incredibly stupid. Thanks for the clarification. I guess maybe I'm not as bad as I thought I was.

12. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]

=oP

no problem-o...

don't feel too bad... I didn't figure it out until I beat a level on Hard...

13. headcaseGames

headcaseGames Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Mobile Game Developer
    Hollywood, CA
    had to buy this one as it's got the obvious nod to old-school Gradius which I really appreciate, way to go OP!

14. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Ok first of all, great game! OrangePixel has done it again! :D

But here's my small nitpickings with the game:

1. There should be an option to make the up/down buttons bigger, because I keep missing the buttons with my thumbs lol.

2. There's no Reset button to set the button positions back to default, so if I accidentally screw up my buttons I can't set them back to default.

But I know these things will be resolved! :)

15. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Wow, I must've gotten a wonky install.

I got 2 stars on easy levels. And anytime I close the app or go to the menu, it erases my save data, so I'm back at 0%. Is it supposed to be like this? I'm going to re-install it.

My other major gripe is the invisible buttons. Why would you make them invisible on a device that has no physical feedback. A visual representation would've been awesome. At least, why not make visible buttons an option?

16. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Oh yeah! That was another one of my nitpickings with the game. Those invisible buttons... Why?

17. R3TAL1AT3

R3TAL1AT3 Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2011
    OK, now you got me scared. I have the invisible buttons everytime i resume the game from pause mode.
    @GoofyJ > you telling me that if i turn of or reboot my ipad it all get erased?? Please no, i just turned it off.:eek:

P.S. I left my iPad at home so can't check if this is true... Hope not

18. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Strange... I haven't had any save data issues on either my iPod or my iPad... =o/

I've done a hard reset on both too... About an hour ago... No problems.

19. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Sorry for the late reply!

I re-installed the game and it seems to be working properly now. Now all we need is visible buttons.