Universal Neon Drive - '80s style arcade game (by Fraoula)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by fraoula, Nov 5, 2015.

1. fraoula

fraoula Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2014
    Thank you Gwarmaxx!

Lol! Glad to hear the top-down torture is over for you! :D Congrats

2. planetmidgar

planetmidgar New Member

Nov 7, 2015
    Hey everyone! Long-time lurker on TouchArcade and had to sign up to ask a question about this game. Love this game so far (I'm currently the #2 score place holder!! ) and like other people I had a rough time with level 2. However, it didn't stop me from completing the game in its current form, though.

A question for the dev, Fraoula: Are you planning on adding more levels, either free or paid in the future? I would love another crack at more levels. The design is amazing and the music is also on point. Speaking of the music, any idea if you'd release the music separately? Keep it up! #

3. fraoula

Apr 20, 2014
    Congrats! The game didn't last very long for you. We hereby certify you have superhuman abilities! :D

Thanks for the great feedback! We have blueprints for new levels but it's still too early to make any decisions, it's been out for only three days so far. We'd love to continue working on it.

Here's the soundtrack: https://soundcloud.com/fraoula-668033122/sets/neon-drive-ost-neon-drive-80s

4. planetmidgar

planetmidgar New Member

Nov 7, 2015
    It not a bad thing; definitely a super challenge for a few days. Too bad someone beat me out the last minute. Haha - I would gladly pay for some additional levels in the future to support. And thanks for that link; kudos to whomever did the score.

5. fraoula

Apr 20, 2014
    The complete soundtrack was made by an awesome synthwave artist Pengus.

Here are some wallpapers sorted by iOS devices: http://neondrivegame.com/wp.html

6. hvianna

hvianna Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    I finally completed all levels! Great game!

Just for the record: I do like the top-down sequence on level 1! It does require a slightly different timing, but I didn't find it too hard or frustrating. The chase cam is still the hardest for me, as I have to rely much more on the beat to avoid the obstacles.

I love how each level has a different special stage and how the transitions were done. Would love to see more levels, and would gladly pay if they're released as an IAP!

7. stefstimpy

stefstimpy New Member

Aug 6, 2015
    Great controls. Superb music. Incredibly addictive

8. fraoula

Apr 20, 2014
    #108 fraoula, Nov 10, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
    Congratulations! It's great to hear that at least someone liked the top-down sequence :)

We're considering adding new levels. The feedback so far has been great!

If we are to make new levels, those will be free. But we will also add some goodies for purchase.

For a start, we're adding more cars. Like this one

[​IMG]

9. hvianna

hvianna Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    #109 hvianna, Nov 10, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
    Ooh, I had a poster of a white Lamborghini Countach on my bedroom wall, back in the late 80's. Definitely brings back memories! I'm not sure if people would be willing to pay to unlock a car skin - would it add something extra, like new music or visual effects? A pack of additional levels feels more appealing to me, but in the era of F2P you never know, I guess.

Anyways, I'm glad to hear the game is doing well!

10. fraoula

Apr 20, 2014

You're right. We've discussed it and decided to focus on new levels. Thanks for the feedback.

11. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Ooohhh... This and Testarossa were by far my most loved cars back in the 80's. Would love to see more cars and levels in the future, paid or free... Such a fantastic game!

12. Ty-Ty2020

Ty-Ty2020 Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2015
    Wow this game is great! I still haven't beat the first level but I've never felt frustrated. It's just so fun. I personally like the top down sequence. I feel it's a good change of pace but I do get what people are saying. It is very hard

13. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

[​IMG]

[thread=274896][​IMG][/thread] [thread=275000][​IMG][/thread] [thread=274871][​IMG][/thread] [thread=274904][​IMG][/thread] [thread=274866][​IMG][/thread]

Neon Drive

[​IMG]

is one of the nominees for

Touch Arcade Forums' Game Of The Week

Nov 5th, 2015

VOTE HERE

***PLEASE NOTE***

1) Developers, publishing partners, or affiliates cannot vote for their own games. If your game is in the poll, you can't vote for it. You are free to ask TA forum posters in your game release thread to vote for your game... but please don't post multiple messages about it.
    2) This voting is for TA members with some activity. If you have to ask someone to create a new account to vote, you're doing it wrong.
    3) Suspect votes may be void.

Credit to AndyC83 for GotW logo & post layout

14. fraoula

Apr 20, 2014
    Wow! Thank you for the nomination!

Here we are working on new levels

GIF

[​IMG]

15. mj132

mj132 Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Cool can't wait

16. orton1227

orton1227 Active Member

Nov 14, 2013
    340 attempts in Race 1 and still only 68%. This would be my favorite game if tracks were shorter and there were more of them. Need to be 45 seconds at most. Just my opinion though.

17. fraoula

Apr 20, 2014
    Hi orton1227, thanks for the feedback. We're preparing an update in which we'll make things a bit easier and add difficulty modes for players who crave additional challenge.

We've also made 2 new levels!

The update will be available mid December, in case you don't beat it by then ;)

18. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Awesome! I really like you guys as a development studio and really love the game. Whatever you guys come up with I'll make a few more purchases just to show some support. Plus who can argue against more cars and levels!

Billy

19. fraoula

Apr 20, 2014
    Thanks LordShad0wz! We appreciate your support. Wish I could show the videos of new levels, but that would be a massive spoiler :)

20. orton1227

orton1227 Active Member

Nov 14, 2013
    Great. Thanks! When I was a kid, I'm sure these three levels would be no problem, but now I'm old and slow.