Universal Neon Drive - '80s style arcade game (by Fraoula)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by fraoula, Nov 5, 2015.

1. fraoula

fraoula Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2014
    Great! So the issue is starting to resolve at least for some. I just came here to say what the lady at Apple suggested. She said that it would be best if the users themselves contacted their support here: http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/

But we also submitted a bug report.

Sadly, we've received a few bad ratings because of this :( Ratings like "Can't download". It's hurting our ranking. So I'd kindly ask people who really like Neon Drive to take some time to rate it. Hopefully it will help.

Thank you all for your patience and support! You're great!

Please don't be too mad at us for dying a lot in this game :D

2. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Apple says things like that to keep things quiet. Things only get fixed when people talk in the open.

As to the reviews yea that's bad. It stinks that Devs have no way to address individual comments or reviews. I wouldn't leave a review for a game when I know it's not the developers fault. It's pretty common knowledge it's apples servers and systems. I mean hell that's why they take their money right? People are just so uninformed.

Billy

3. fraoula

Apr 20, 2014
    Please try deleting the game icon and then download again. It should work.

4. fraoula

Apr 20, 2014

Yeah, the review system is strange. Only people who have played the game for some time should be able to post a review.

Thank you very much for supporting us with purchases! Glad you're enjoying the game :)

5. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I left a nice and lengthy review. You will see it when it shows up by tomorrow. It's an honest review and I touched on every aspect. I'm rocking level 2. Love it.

Dev have you thought of implementing everyplay? I'd love to share my runs lol. I just don't know how much of a performance hit it would cause.

Billy

6. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Have to agree with the top down sequence. Seems completely off sync. It's game over almost immediately once I hit this area. Is anyone really able to progress though the top down view?

7. fraoula

Apr 20, 2014
    LordShad0wz thank you for the review! We've tried ReplayKit and it hits the performance somewhat when we start recording. Haven't tried everyplay yet.

8. fraoula

Apr 20, 2014
    Hi Snooptalian, can you tell us on which device you've played? That way we can investigate further.

In GameCenter, we see that two players have completed all the levels.

9. caanerud

caanerud Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    I stink at the game, but the top view portions don't seem slow or glitchy. I've made it through 80% of level 1.

10. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    Have to chime in the chase cam is awesome, but once I hit the city it gets annoying. Been stuck at 67% for what seems like forever. XD

Guess the perspective throws you off. Otherwise really snappy looking game!

11. B30

B30 Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Planet Earth
    I have to agree with a few others, the top down part is really a pain in the ..., or maybe I'm not really good at it. #

12. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    Broke 72% finally, and to celebrate I decided to get a license plate that reflects wealth and maturity. What does yours say? XD

[​IMG]

13. TheGreatEscaper

TheGreatEscaper Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2014
    I must be an outlier then, I got the first level 100% on my first go...
    The second level, however, is absolutely killing me xD

14. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Wahoo! Finally beat the first level.The top-down section definitely requires a different timing. If you have to get from one side of the track to the other, I'd just pump down the left or right button extra-quickly. Also beware the ol' twitch trick of getting your brain used to a pattern and then changing it when you least expect it. Once you make it to the taxis it's pretty much cool runnings. It does seem a shame having HALF the level taken up by basic graphics when the other half is so purty.

15. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Either we're not good at adjusting the timing to it, or the game may need to be tweaked considering this design (coz im guessing it isnt really an issue, but was really designed that way) was brought up multiple times already.

To be honest, i would give this game an easy 5-stars if it wasnt for the top-view sequences. The simple chasecam view looks beautiful with the sharp visuals and the depth of elements shown in the backgrounds. I hope there was a mode that plays only like that.

16. fraoula

Apr 20, 2014
    Wow! Congratulations! :D

That top-down switch must be messing up with something in a human brain. Code is the same as in the chase-cam section.

Luckily for players that hate it, it's present in the first level only.

17. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    It's not bothering me that much but I do see what people are saying. I think it's just the fast transition. What if you put in a compromise? Perhaps it would switch but pause for three seconds? The player could get mentally ready for the drastic change up? You could even put a toggle in options to turn this on and off for those that don't want the pause.

And level 2 is kicking my ass. Lol I love your game. Really well done.

Billy

18. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    fantatastic game Fraoula... really good!

19. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Completed Stage1... Im glad that top-view is only in that stage. Im not playing stage 1 ever again. LOL

Stage 2 is a whole new beast to conquer though.

20. fraoula

Apr 20, 2014
    Interesting suggestion. We did pause a bit with the obstacles. I mean, you have some time without obstacles after the switch. Maybe it should be a bit longer?

Yeah, level 2 is the most difficult to me :D But it's my favorite. Glad you're enjoying the game!