Universal Neon Drive - '80s style arcade game (by Fraoula)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by fraoula, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #61 Exact-Psience, Nov 6, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
    Yeah... It doesnt. I will try on my wife's iphone5 later coz that's on ios9.

EDIT: Well crap... Doesnt download on my wife's ios9 ip5 either, which leaves either the itunes account or the account location (PH appstore) preventing the download.

2. EggYolkeo

EggYolkeo Active Member

Jan 8, 2014
    Same here, no download yet :(

3. fraoula

fraoula Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2014
    Then it seems it's iOS9.1 only :confused:

4. B30

B30 Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Planet Earth
    #64 B30, Nov 6, 2015
    No, I'm on iOS 9.1, and it doesn't download. But maybe we need the newest devices.

Or perhaps it's a just SPECIAL LIMITED EDITION #!

5. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines

Either the devs are ok with the lost opportunity for more income, or they start figuring out what's going on. Anyways, i hope this gets sorted out. Pretty bummed i cant play this.

6. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    #66 LordShad0wz, Nov 6, 2015
    It cannot be because of location because I'm in the USA. Others in the USA have downloaded it.

Devs Apple really needs to figure this out. You are losing a ton of money. I can search for the game now. I can find it via search. I still cannot download it. It's the same downloading issue.

I really really wanted to play this game.

I'm using an iPhone 5s running iOS 8.4.1

Billy

7. Crazyhands Studio

Crazyhands Studio New Member

Nov 5, 2015
    Game Developer
    Allentown, PA
    Very stylish game!

I just downloaded the game and I'm already hooked. I like the fact the controls are easy and the timing somehow relates to the tempo of the 80s beat which I think is really clever. :)

8. caanerud

caanerud Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    I was able to download it straight away. I love the aesthetics and the music, but damn is it hard. One mistake and it's back to the beginning of the level.

9. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    #69 Gwarmaxx, Nov 6, 2015
  10. fraoula

fraoula Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2014
    Yeah, we're big Dark Souls fans :) It gets easier with practice.

This download problem is really unfortunate. As LordShad0wz said, we're losing money. The days of launch are the most important in a game's life cycle. We're working on finding a solution.

Gwarmaxx, thank you for the info on Block Monster. I'll try contacting them to see if they know more about the problem.

Thank you all for great feedback and support!

11. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014

Attached Files:

12. retrogamOR

retrogamOR Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2013
  13. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    Absolutely love the style of this game. I have a soft spot for all things 80's and this game is just oozing with 80's style.

On a side note, to anyone else who's managed to successfully download the game, do you find the music and track obstacles a fraction out of sync in level 2? Even right at the beginning of the stage, if you move 'exactly' to the beat, it almost always results in a crash.

14. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #74 VirtualBoyFreak, Nov 6, 2015
    Spanish App Store, same issue here :( we had an issue with Movistar, one of the Spanish internet providers, one week prior to the iOS 9 release. Connections to the App Store and Apple servers were terribly slow then (4kb/sec maximum). After many complaints, they admitted it was a DNS redirection issue on their side related to a problem there had been in a London server and solved it. Maybe Apple is reconfiguring some of their servers' DNS and the internet providers have to change something and they haven't... Who knows. The only thing for sure is that the game can't be downloaded.

15. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    At this point I'd be willing to meet virtualfreakboy in an alley, buy the game on a thumb drive, and side load it into my iPhone. Hehehe

Billy

16. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I tried on 2 internet providers in PH and couldnt download Neon Drive with either.

17. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #77 LordShad0wz, Nov 6, 2015
    It's fixed! It's installing now! Go get it people. The other games are installing as well. It was definitely on apples end!

Mission is a go! Level one I made 34% on first try hehe. I'm going to like this game for sure. I really love the art style. On screen taps are very responsive. Love the music.

Oooooo I hit 50% what a change up. Wow. I'm sold. Purchasing no ads and all the levels. Absolutely awesome. I did not expect that change up.

Billy

18. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Thanks for the awesome headsup Billy! :)

EDIT: Yup works fine now, together with Progress to 100 which was another game not downloading for me.

19. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Love the chase cam part, totally hate the topview part. Will keep playing, see if the topview sequences will click.

Since there is significant delay to the car's movement from the time you tap, the topview means you cant rely on the usual hand-eye coordination as you need to be tap while still right beside the tip of the obstacles. Really puts me off timing.

20. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    Can't download this from the Danish App Store, no matter how much I try (about 20 times in the last few day by now, but who is counting). :(