Universal Neon Drive - '80s style arcade game (by Fraoula)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by fraoula, Nov 5, 2015.

1. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Not just you on the unresponsive side... I keep dying every time because of it which is a shame because I was quite enjoying it up till that point

2. fraoula

fraoula Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2014
    Thanks for the feedback guys, especially Sanuku for the gameplay video!

We're still trying to find out why some can't download the game.

Treasurestudio and Orangecan, the game can be demanding for some devices but we've made sure it always runs at 30fps at least. That said, the overhead perspective shift did mess with our brains in the beginning. But after some practice it got super-easy.

3. tobie_!

tobie_! Active Member

Jul 18, 2009
    creative director
    berlin, germany
    I really, really love the art style of this game, unfortunately this isn't my kind of game, but I would like to see some hi-res artwork, which I could use as wallpaper for my 6+ :)
    Please guys, make some great screenshots for me! Or if the developer is reading, please post some awesome wallpapers, I would be very thankful. Btw, I think this games looks awesome!!!

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Tried with my SG account, still getting the same error from that account.

5. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Me neither. I simply can't. I had other games update without issue just now. It's like the AppStore thinks it's downloaded but it isn't. It's just sticking.

Does the AppStore app have some sort of cache we can purge? When this sort of thing happened on android we could purge a cache and it would reset the store and fix this sort of thing. This really sucks.

Billy

6. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Any chance you could change the icon to the fourth photo with the 80s sun in the background and the car flying at it over the water?

7. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    I downloaded this early yesterday (right after my first post) and didn't have any issues. I wonder what the hell it could be?

Anyway, so far the game is pretty cool. Looks and controls great for me. Definitely on the tougher side (which is good!). Once you get past 50% of the track, you gotta have some cat-like ninja reflexes! Really fun game though. Hopefully things go well after this downloading snafu and the devs can add to it.

Well worth a download though.

8. EggYolkeo

EggYolkeo Active Member

Jan 8, 2014
    Not downloading for me either (US)

9. Oneironaut3

Oneironaut3 Member

Aug 30, 2012
    ...still can't download for me in here in the US.

10. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Between all the guys who cant download, it's sad how much the devs could be losing right now.

11. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Distress: Cannot download also here in HK

12. fraoula

Apr 20, 2014
    Hi Tobie, here are some iPhone6+ portrait wallpapers for you: Download Wallpapers Zip

More screenshots can be found at our website and in the press-kit

13. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Dev has Apple said anything? I just had more updates. No issues. It's only this game. I've tried everything I can think of.

Billy

14. touchy85

touchy85 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2015
  15. Sash-O

Sash-O Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Germany
    I can't download it either...I'm on iPad mini 2 iOS 8 :(

16. fraoula

Apr 20, 2014
    Nothing yet. We still hope it will resolve 24hrs after the launch. Can you see the game by searching Neon Drive?

17. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    No. I cannot see it by searching. I have to click on the button on this thread. However it does show in my purchase history. If I click t it tries to download and after 10 seconds it says it's unable to download. On the home screen there is the neon drive icon darkened out that says waiting.

But yea if I go to the store and tap search I cannot see the game that way. Interesting.

Billy

18. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    there's another couple of games with the same (random?) issue for at least 2 or 3 weeks, and one of them called Survival Land seems a pretty good adventure... it's a shame!

19. fraoula

Apr 20, 2014
    We've tried a similar approach. The car was on that cyber-grid and the sun in the background, but everything seemed tiny. So we opted for this one that has a major focus on the car. That sun and a car really compete for attention when combined in such a small space.

20. fraoula

Apr 20, 2014
    Strange :confused: We're about 5 hours from reaching a full 24hrs that the game is out. Hopefully you'll be able to search for and download it then.

What about this link? https://itunes.apple.com/app/neon-drive-80s-style-arcade/id1042326602?mt=8