Universal Neon Chrome (by 10tons Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Nov 16, 2016.

1. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I have Geometry Wars and I enjoy Neon Chrome much more. Quite possibly it has to do with the theme, which I really like. I've been playing for around an hour on my SE and I don't feel graphics are too dark. They are dark probably because of the theme, but not as dark as some of you here feel it. Battery didn't go down too bad either. More or less at the same rate as when I play Asphalt 8. Hope this helps.

2. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    I have the game on PC as well and no problem with darkeness. Just just difficult to see on my phone often times in this game for some reason.
    And yea deff not like geometry wars at all lol

3. Cinot

Cinot Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    Such a great game. I played a lot of dual stick shooters ( feral fury, leap of fate, salomon's boneyard/keep ), but this is the best one.

I like the skill system and the controls are very fluid.

I was scared that the screen size of my phone ( iphone 7 ) could be too small, but it is not. The buttons are big enough without hiding the environment.

So, i see me play neon chrome for a long time...

P.s: sry for my bad english #

4. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Was about to hit the buy button but after reading some reviews in here about it being too easy i dunno

5. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    I know on PC there was different ways to mess with difficulty, and you can like "loop" after beating the game that makes it harder. I know you CAN make the difficulty ramp up even though it might not be there RiGHt when you start

6. Jetjet

Jetjet Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    Not a problem for me (forgive me I'm French :) ), thanks for your short review, I'll download it next week end, before ends sales !

7. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    #87 Intendro, Nov 17, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
    I also want a brightness setting. #

8. DrlRage

DrlRage Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2012
    I'm enjoying Neon Chrome more than geometry wars, as well.

The theme and music create a cool vibe and the game is actually growing on me.

I'm glad I got it, I just felt the hype around it made me expect something else.

Doesn't seem too dark to me and they did a great job allowing various adjustments, so maybe they can do it for brightness too.

My major problem though is the touch controls sometimes feel stiff and not fluid enough.
    I'm looking forward to updates and coop.

9. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    You'll see how smooth/fluid controls become when you install perks of "+25% speed".

What I really like is the easy stealth implemented. I enjoy a lot destroying walls and approaching enemies from behind. It's not a stealth game by any means, but you can choose to approach the enemies directly or hide a bit and stealth :D

I'm an average dual stick player and difficulty is okay with me. I'm on floor 10 and I've been killed twice. The permanent upgrades help advancing though. I don't regret the purchase at all.

10. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Not sure if this had been mentioned in the thread TL:DR. Steel series MFi is winky and unusable. My character moves all the way down screen until there is no more real estate. Moving joystick brings me to menu.

11. BlueTrin

BlueTrin Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    I prefer leap of fate but this is good

12. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Yeah someone else here is having the same issue and the dev said they have a fix so it shouldn't be long. He also said there was a work around but I'm not using a controller so I didn't pay much attention to what it is exactly. It might be worth looking for to see if it helps.

13. Mrwubbs

Mrwubbs Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Jesus Christ this game hates my battery.
    I can't even charge while playing. The damn percentage stayed the same and even went lower at one point. I'd better just play on ipad

14. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Leap of fate looks good, but more hectic. This one seems to be more relaxed.

My concern with Leap of Fate is my screen size. I'm on an SE, and several people have mentioned here that the screen is a tad too small to fully enjoy. I'll stand corrected though.

15. shodanng

shodanng Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    One of few games that make my 6S Plus too hot, but the graphic is not so detailed as Leap of Fate.

16. ColeDaddy

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Thanks man

17. Press2Play

Press2Play Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Bussinessman
    Philippines
    Good game but playing it for like 10 minutes top coz it hurts my eyes, maybe my eyes hates neon color. Gives me migraine.

18. Mrwubbs

Mrwubbs Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2012
    This game is entirely too easy. Almost made it to the top on my third play without even trying and only died because of a cheap ass security laser. Leap of fate is WAY better.

19. ColeDaddy

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    And I thought I was the only one...

20. Scottlarsen

Scottlarsen Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2009
    This game is meant game is meant to be replayed. Like Infinity Blade, you can "beat" the game fairly early, but to get all the skill and weapon unlocks you will need to make several overseer runs at higher levels. Those later runs will start to get very difficult and at times will most likely kick your butt for a while.