Universal Neon Chrome (by 10tons Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Jackaluk

Jackaluk Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    CONTROLLER support, looks great, you have my money!

2. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    It doesn't.

3. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I'd definitely go with Neon Chrome. If you have the urge to pick up the others after, definitely get Feral Fury. Not only is the game a blast, but the pair of developers behind it are some of the hardest working devs I've ever come across.

4. rebirthz

rebirthz New Member

Nov 17, 2016
    ok thank you damn coz i saw it on their website and i thought there was Co-op

from their website http://neonchromegame.com/about/

coop
    If your local friends would like to help you bringing down the Overseer the backdoor to CryoNix corporation cryocenter allows the activation of multiple assets at once.

5. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Messed up, didn't see I was on the wrong page

6. DKainer

DKainer Member

Feb 18, 2010
    I played the hell out of Leap of fate. I thought this was the best dual stick shooter to appear on iOS, absolutely loved it. So replayable with multiple characters and perfectly balanced so that you keep your XP when you die as to entice you to keep playing.
    Plus, it was totally nuts and abstract, which I love :)

Haven't played Feral Fury but looks a tad slower than LoF judging from the trailer.

Currently, have only played about an hour of Neon Chrome and absolutely love it too.
    I would be uncomfortable comparing LoF with NC since they are a little bit different.

First impressions are that LoF is very fast paced and you can die pretty easily if you're not upgrading properly - which, believe it or not, I like.
    It meant that with LoF, it was immediately challenging.
    However, visually, I have to say that NC is much smoother and the soundtrack is one of the best parts of this game that no one has mentioned yet.
    Although with NC, I agree with other posters that it's a bit dark meaning that I cannot sometimes see a wall in front of me or think there's a wall there only for the enemy to shoot through it!
    Hope this can get fixed.

I played both LoF and now NC on iPhone 6 without any performance issues.

Am actually gonna turn off auto aim to see how that goes as it's annoying in NC when your character targets an enemy but takes a few seconds to get a shot off when you press in the enemy's direction.

7. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Thanks for the impressions, everybody. I've had Leap of Fate on my watchlist since it came out, but this thread (and Carter) have pushed me towards Neon Chrome. I'm getting excited now...

8. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    I was on the fence given that I'm not a massive shooter fan but I'm thoroughly Enjoying this - got to agree with the other posters who say it's too dark - I'm on the Air2 last iOS before 10 and it's definitely too dark in places.

9. Professionalbum

Professionalbum Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    Professional bum
    The Prison Planet
    Has anyone tried this on an iPhone 7 + yet? I didn't see it on the list of supported devices.

10. BlackEyedGamer

BlackEyedGamer Active Member

Sep 15, 2016
    You're good to go - with all the extra bells and whistles found in the graphics section of the options. Enjoy :D

11. spizak

spizak Active Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Found a weird glitch on MFI, when you open settings and exit and use analogs the game keeps opening settings. Pretty annoying. Love the game.

12. 10tonsLtd

10tonsLtd Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    The upcoming 1.0.9 update will fix this. Already in review queue.

You can tap pause again on an MFi controller again to set the analogs free again. Then close the menu with the onscreen close-button.

13. JackDerp

JackDerp Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2015
    Has anyone tested graphics yet?

14. spizak

spizak Active Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Sweet mate, love your games for years now!

15. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    This is great fun. A bit much for my old 4S/Pad2 combo but it seems playable so far on the lowest possible settings, certainly on the 4S.

A hand-me-down 6+ is on the horizon so I'm looking forward to giving it a shot on that.

All in all, good game.

16. DrlRage

DrlRage Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2012
    I got it and I have to say it's overhyped on the forum. It feels a lot like every other dual stick shooter and you would probably get the same satisfaction playing xenowerks or geometry wars. It's a good game, but don't expect anything mind blowing. It's worth a play but it's not extremely fun or original, at least not from what I've experienced.

17. shodanng

shodanng Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    Just buy the game.

I use iPhone 6S Plus to play, it make the phone very hot.

How can I cool down it when playing this game? Should I lower the graphic setting?

18. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Even on low details it's a battery hog.

I am also finding this game incredibly easy. 4 assets in and I made it up most of the tower and the only reason I have died is because my thumb gets stuck to the screen / explosion or I felt like experimenting with explosions.

It's ok and fun but nothing mind blowing for me yet.

19. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    I will say it's SO much easier then the PC version, at least the first half of the game, and yes the battery usage is crazyy

20. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Hopefully the devs address both battery and heating issues. But it would also be great if they could add a higher difficulty level in the future. Does seem fairly easy from what I have played compared to other rogue likes.