Universal Neon Chrome (by 10tons Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Nov 16, 2016.

1. 10tonsLtd

10tonsLtd Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Damn, the archiving was off on the account. I must admit we're a tad newbie with Twitch. Archiving is now on so in the future they should be watchable later.

2. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Anyone else want to touch on the brightness ? I have no idea why it's so dark and don't see a option in the "options menu"

3. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    When I have this problem, I adjust the phone's brightness. Maybe that helps.

4. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    What device/iOS version are you on? Latest iOS on iPhone SE and absolutely no issues with the game.

5. esty8nine

Dec 21, 2013
  6. Emeritus-III

Emeritus-III Active Member

Oct 22, 2016
    Haven't bought this (yet), but I have to say that the gameplay overall reminds a lot of the game Die Hard Trilogy for the PSX back in the day, and this is in a good way. Anyone else see the resemblance ? :)

Damn, my wallet is starting to hurt, tons of good games lately!

7. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Haven't been playing long but I am already in love with this. It's just wonderful.

Quick note for the devs. In the settings where it shows the controls, it indicates that the left stick is aim and the right stick is move. I went to the settings before I even played and was like wtf oh no they didn't. But then I started playing and was relived to see it worked as expected, in the reverse.

8. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Awesome - love a good twin stick roguelike and this fits the bill very nicely!

+1 to the darkness levels. Whilst it helps to accentuate the use of neon and provide that 80's cyber punk future vibe, it also leaves it feeling a bit too hard to discern the detail at times.

9. esty8nine

Dec 21, 2013
    ^^^

Like people thought feral fury was dark when it first came out and I thought even that was fine, so you KNoW this is dark lol

10. Reaganomics

Reaganomics Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    If I can play the game using the assassin and pick off the bad guys one by one. Then play another game using the soldier and just blow everything up in my path then this is the game for me.

11. Gluskap

Gluskap Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2015
    Does anyone care to explain why this is better than Leap of Fate? Please get into specifics.

12. Reaganomics

Reaganomics Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    For starters, look at gameplay footage for both games and read thier game descriptions. Hopefully that helps until someone can give you a detailed comparison of both.

13. brybry

brybry Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    Holy Moly! This game is legit!!!

14. lightasammo

lightasammo Active Member

Jun 7, 2016
    On mine it starts out bright then the game lowers the brightness of my phone so when it's a Maximum brightness it looks more like 50%. After I close the game my brightness goes back to normal after about 5 minutes. Seems to be a glitch or something. I'm on a 7+

15. Duranki

Duranki Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2011
    I think I'm going to give this a shot, just because 10tons made the awesome King Oddball. Plus if Carter says this is up there with Leap of Fate, that's good enough for me.

16. lightasammo

lightasammo Active Member

Jun 7, 2016
    I checked my device logs and I don't see anything listed related to the issue nor any crash reports related to the game.

I erased my phone and setup as a new device to test the game but the issue still persists. Seems to be something software related on the games end. Maybe if enough users have the issue they can replicate and fix it.

17. esty8nine

Dec 21, 2013
    For one, you can approach this game or tactically and stealthily in a way, like enemy "facing direction" is a thing, so if there back is to you, they don't see you. So you can do like surprise dmg and such, where as leap doesn't have that it's more faced paced action in a traditional sense. I wouldn't say one is really BETTER they are different.

Both high replay value

18. JackDerp

JackDerp Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2015
    What's the best graphics options for people on phone who want decent graphics but want to maximize battery life?

19. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    Love it. Controls are amazing, I actually turned off auto aim and found myself enjoy it that much more. Only thing is, and I can't post a picture of it, I'm playing on an IPad mini 3, iOS10, and I notice that it looks like some of the textures aren't showing up on certain structures in the game, they just appear as purple structures with no detail...

20. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Ah, darn. Was hoping it could be done retroactively. Thanks for trying, though!