Universal Neon Chrome (by 10tons Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Nov 16, 2016.

1. 10tonsLtd

10tonsLtd Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    #341 10tonsLtd, May 2, 2017
    Last edited: May 2, 2017
    Still on our todo-list. We're running late on our planned schedule for Arena mobile due to other projects taking time. Sorry for that. We'll get to it sooner or later though!

We just got around releasing the Android version: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.the10tons.neonchrome

We're still sorting out some rarer bugs on the Android version. After that, we could have time to port the Arena to mobile. The catch is that we need to balance it out again for smaller enemy amounts and that takes some time. Lot more to do than just recompile and repack.

2. Boyen

Boyen Active Member

Jun 13, 2016
    Very happy with the android release! Great game, just a tad repetitive in the level design.

3. DanF

DanF Member

May 25, 2012
    SF Bay Area
    Can't find last two unlockable items

I was late to download this game, but it's fantastic -- easily one of my favorite games of the past year.

I'm on Overseer 13 with about 7m credits, yet I still have two items I haven't unlocked (72/74). I was stuck at 71 for four or five Overseers, then got #72 during 10 or 11 -- I'd missed a secret hallway on one of the purple levels. But I haven't been able to find the last two. Have I just missed a couple other hidden areas in purple levels?

4. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Does this have Logitech powershell mfi support? If so, how do I set it? It doesn't seem to work correctly... Thanks!

5. Duranki

Duranki Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2011
    Congrats on the impending release on Switch! Just read about it and am very excited to buy Neon Chrome yet again.

Tangentially related, but is Xenoraid for Switch being considered at all?

6. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Will this work with iOS 11? Which game is coming out on the Switch?

7. Duranki

Duranki Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2011
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nintendo-insider.com/10tons-announce-five-nintendo-switch-games/amp/

8. lezrock

lezrock Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2010
    Just got it. Awesome dual stick action. Coop Mode is much needed in iOS (Same device and local with mfi /online) ;-)

9. BMAN202

BMAN202 New Member

Jul 3, 2017
    Awesome!

Looks Awesome.

10. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    what a game! the half hours pass like nothing, had i known it was so awesome would have grabbed it at full price even! i've played around 2-3 hours in 20-30 minute sessions so far and i am so close to passing the 3rd boss.

what makes it so satisfying for me is the blood and explosions, unlike Leap of Fate where there is zero blood. Combine this with permanent upgrades, and random weapons-enhancements and you have a twin stick, neon themed Wayward Souls. Loving it.

PS: play on 30 fps and low settings (only some details are different) if you dont want your phone to overheat.

11. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    As much as I love the fact that more folks are getting to enjoy NC, every time this thread pops up it triggers an "OOH, OOH! News! News about NC!" response in me.

Still happy but happy in a "GRRRR! I'M HAPPY! :mad: " kind of way.

12. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    64 bit?

Anyone know if this game is 64-bit? There is no way of checking (that I know of) unless you already own the title.

To check (if someone can do it for me) - go to settings, general, about, applications and this will list all 32-bit apps on your device. If it's not in that list, it's 64-bit.

13. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Anything updated or released after June 2015 has to be 64-bit in order to be approved by Apple, so this game is new enough it should be fine. It's all the games that haven't been updated after June 2015 that are in danger.

14. brerlappin

brerlappin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Any word on the arena? I thought it was coming soon.

15. Mookmonster

Mookmonster Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    2 player neon chrome...would be great to happen!

16. 10tonsLtd

Mar 10, 2009
    #356 10tonsLtd, Sep 18, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
    Phew, finally! Sorry for the delay - we've been working hard on releasing new titles so the Arena for iOS was delayed a lot.

Now we're making progress though! We have the first version of Arena ready to test. It is no yet optimized or balanced for mobile, but it should be playable.

We'll need a few dozen testers so first come first served. We'll remove this link once it looks we have enough. We might be able to invite the first testers this week.

Arena trailer for PC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2-VgK96w_M

17. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    Ooh Lordy yes! Fantastic news.

18. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    signed up! I am for sure down, great game! I use Testflight so ready

19. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    #359 MetaGonzo, Sep 18, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
    Only had chance to fire it up quickly but it's looking pretty fast paced!

Edit:

Spot 1.) Mines don't seem to go off.

Edit 2:

It does exactly what it says on the tin. It's much more simplistic; the waves of enemies make a beeline for you. As such it plays very differently to the original, as should be expected.

I prefer the original as it feels like it has much more meat on its bones. This is very much an arena so if you want a NC flavour arena this is what you're going to get.

20. 10tonsLtd

Mar 10, 2009
    Alrighty, we've sent the first test-flight invites out already. Thanks for signing up! Need to check out those mines - but - if the mines had a green ring they're actually friendly mines which you can use to wipe out some enemies!