Universal Neon Chrome (by 10tons Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Nov 16, 2016.

1. 10tonsLtd

10tonsLtd Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    The update with the 30fps mode and battery saver should be live any minute now. Also some minor bug fixes.

2. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Sweet! Maybe I can download it before I leave for work!

3. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #283 VirtualBoyFreak, Nov 29, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
    Going to update now. Thanks! :) EDIT: so the most save of battery is achieved by setting both options to on, right? What FPS do you get by setting only battery saver on?

4. Kevd

Kevd Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    On my iPad mini 2, I'm getting just a flat blue or flat pink color where you would normally see the "outside" of the tower or the area below the catwalks. On my iPod touch 5th gen and 6th gen, I see these just fine.

Is there a reason that the iPad mini 2 doesn't render this properly? Is there a sequence of display settings that should correct this? I've tried a few things but haven't hit on the right combination.

Wondering if this is something you can look into. Looks fantastic on the smaller screens, but the iPad has a real blah aesthetic due to this issue. (Also, appears to be some graphical "tearing" at some of the borders between the flat blue and pink and the gaming floors. Assume that's related to whatever issue is causing the outdoor scenery not to appear as intended.

5. 10tonsLtd

Mar 10, 2009
    Can you send use sample screenshots from the 6th gen iPod touch and iPad Mini 2. You can send them to overseer(at)10tons(döt)com. We've played a lot with iPad Mini 1 but not with a Mini 2. We may be able to tell from the shots if it looks like intended. On the other hand there might also be some shader bugs we could fix. The outside view lacks rain and some buildings on mobile because of the limited performance so it may look a bit bland at times. Especially if the city generation algorithm created a large empty space.

6. Kevd

Kevd Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Sure thing. Left the iPad at home so I'll have to grab them later tonight. Thanks!

7. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    After playing with the battery saver modes on and off, I've got to say I prefer 60fps rather than 30. In any case, it's a welcomed addition for when I'm far from a charger and I want to play.

8. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    I beta tested the updates and can say I'm happy with the 30 FPS mode. Relieves some of the heat and battery consumption and honestly seems pretty damn smooth where I don't miss the 60 FPS.

The battery saving mode on my 6S+ resulted in too much stuttering for my liking. So just sticking with the 30 FPS compromise.

9. GR3NADE

GR3NADE Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Czech republic
    I love the game. It has everything - stealth kills, madness kills like breaking through wall, explosive dangerous to use weapons, everything. And I want to say, that Leap of fate is amazing as well, it is just different - you've got all of thi killing by teleports and such stuff :)

10. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    On my SE it feels much better with the saving options off. With the options on it stutters way too much for my liking. But maybe it's me, since I had to turn screen vibration fully off because it made me dizzy. In any case, having so many options to choose from surely suits everyone.

11. €¥€

€¥€ Member

Mar 3, 2015
    #291 €¥€, Nov 30, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
    I guess I have this same problem then as well, I just thought that was how the outside and some walls were supposed to look.

12. 10tonsLtd

Mar 10, 2009
    I think we might have fixed the wall-drawing glitch. It has something do with how older devices like the iPad Mini 2 handle floating points in shaders. We had to change one type to another. Submitting an update to TestFlight soon and after that an official update.

13. mojojojo82

mojojojo82 Member

Mar 1, 2014
    Nice game! Great to see you still going strong.

I still play blitz mode on Crimsonlands almost every day :) Would love to see multiplayer / coop version of that mode one day.

Cheers,
    Mojo

14. vonknut

vonknut Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2013
    Me too, was kinda confused about it as well.
    Didnt look that great with a sea of blue :)

Im on a iphone 6+ on ios 8.

15. 10tonsLtd

Mar 10, 2009
    Hmm, it might be also the iOS version then. In any case, we're currently testing an update which should fix this.

16. watchnj

watchnj New Member

Feb 21, 2013
    Hi, I am having an issue where the text And graphics are not crisp and fonts are pixelated,

It was perefect at one point but when I deleted app and reinstalled it's not crisp anymore ,

I tried deleting app and reinstalling and also playing with the display options

17. 10tonsLtd

Mar 10, 2009
    You might have switched on the "decreased rendering resolution". Try switching off the "decreased rendering resolution" in display options. If that doesn't help, send us a screenshot at overseer(at)10tons(dot).com

18. jn2002dk

jn2002dk Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Denmark
    Just wanted to say what a fantastic game this is

In year where we've already had some great twin stick shooters, this one stands out as the best in my opinion

19. GUILTIE

GUILTIE Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    How is the game running with the updates for those of you on an iPhone 6? Early performance complaints have kept me from picking it up but I'm curious if the updates have helped at all.

20. Gurney Halleck

Gurney Halleck Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Telephony and Computer Network Engineering and Mai
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Thanks for the wall rendering fix!! Much better for atmosphere. I second the comments here that this is one of my favorite twin stick shooters, as well as a fun and challenging Rogue-Lite. What's not to like! ;)