Universal Neon Chrome (by 10tons Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Nov 16, 2016.

1. CrayonWarrior

CrayonWarrior Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 9, 2014
    Great southern land
    Loving the game. Predator is my weapon of choice at the moment.

2. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Another bug report. I just got stuck in a location where my character could not move no matter what I tried to do. Here is a screenshot of the location.

[​IMG]

3. 10tonsLtd

10tonsLtd Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Hi, the version currently in testing and in review should fix this eventually!

This happened when players on high Overseer levels used the knockback increasing enhancement ChipHow Weapon Master (not completely necessary though). You actually have hammered the floating hover tank down a bit with your bullets and eventually the bullets start flying over it :)

4. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Yes, and I quite like Leap of Fate! Very unique style and weapons in that one. This game feels similar, but with run of the mill weapons.

Maybe it's because I'm on iPhone but everything feels rather unsatisfying to use. And most of my deaths feel like they're from my character being a chore to move, rather than a lack of skill. Perhaps I'll give it another shot on Xbox somewhere down the line

5. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    @10TonsLtd for future updates, please think about giving the option of a separate action (melee) button. I sometimes get killed because I try to kill an enemy with melee just to find that there's a hacker-only box next to the enemy and the game believes I want to open the box instead of attack the enemy. Since I'm no hacker usually, I smash the screen over and over and get killed...

You could put the button in the position of the reload button, giving the option "reload/action/none". Just an idea. :)

6. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    I think I also suggested having the melee and special ability buttons be able to aim like their own little stick, ala Monster Hunter and quite a few DSS's. I have a habit of offloading the special into a wall right next to me because the aim's off. I also think the reload button should be mandatory at the start, with an option to switch it off (reloading's never an afterthought in a game like this).

7. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    I just got stuck again in that same safe neighborhood bonus level. I think it's a result of the mixed thin and thick walls the rooms there have as well as the strange way that the last remaining nub of a wall is really difficult to break and requires you to attack from its edge while being invincible from the side. It also seems that the game will not allow you to fire weapons at point blank range as I was only able to fire rockets away from the wall while the button had no effect while facing the wall. I have a screenshot but I don't think it's worth posting since it looks exactly like the last one except in a different location.

8. 10tonsLtd

Mar 10, 2009
    Thanks for the idea, could work!

9. brybry

brybry Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    #269 brybry, Nov 24, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
    I'm sorry for that "spoiler". ## My bad TA. I corrected it.

10. shodanng

shodanng Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    #270 shodanng, Nov 25, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
    Being invite as next update version tester.

Just use my iPhone 6S Plus with iOS v9.3.5 to play the game. I select high presets in display option and even try with/without post processing filter, and turn on 30fps lock and battery saving mode.

The device has no any overheat problem more.
    It seems that 30fps lock and battery saving mode work well. Well done for this update!

11. 10tonsLtd

Mar 10, 2009
    The update is currently waiting for review. We're also testing it in beta ourselves. We'll let you know once we are close to pressing release.

12. TheSop

TheSop Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2016
    If I delete this game and download again in the future or on a new device will I be able to carry on my progress?

13. NomaD

NomaD Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    California
    Here's to hoping for future iCloud support!

14. dan_thompson

dan_thompson Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2016
    Played the "retro" secret level today, that was pretty cool! Was bummed out I couldn't find like a secret 1-up or something though haha.

Also played a level that had the homes of some of the enemies or something? You could knock the power out and sneak about as an assassin stealing everything while avoiding the enemy swarms, that was cool too.

15. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I thought the release depended on Apple. Anyway, we'll keep on waiting then.

16. 10tonsLtd

Mar 10, 2009
    It depends on: a) Update approved by Apple b) We trust the update enough to release - 30fps mode required fundamental changes :)

Currently the update is still waiting for Apple review (so not approved yet) - I guess they're a bit busy ATM. Thank you for your patience!

17. ZorakZoran

ZorakZoran Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
    France
    Hope it will arrive too... It's really sad that iCloud seems complicated to implement, I thought it was just a "brick" you put in your game, tell it where the saves are located, and boom, here you go, but when I see the number of games that don't support it, maybe it's not as easy as I think. :D

18. Tikanderoga

Tikanderoga Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    IT Sys Admin
    Lismore
    Yep, had that too. And you can't even drag the tank to the turret because then even their bullets just start missing the tank. I had to disconnect that run.

So what's the max Overseer level? I just unlocked 10 yesterday.

Some balancing feedback: some things don't scale.
    Some abilities do 1-3 damage. That works well at low levels, but at high levels, it's just not worth the effort anymore. Same for the zapping power or the incindiary bullets.
    I always end up using the Predator or the space gun.

Crit heals or the vampire nanites are a waste too, as it doesn't make a difference when you have 1550 or 1549 HP when being hit with a rocket that deals 150 damage.

19. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    #279 Royce, Nov 29, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
    When I went through overseer 7.0 a few days ago, I had to fight that boss probably a dozen times. I kept hitting the bug. I started taking whatever weapon was in the crate at the start hoping it would get less knockback. I finally got past him with an ion assault rifle.

I totally agree, especially on the healing enhancements (crit heal and heal per kill). They are totally useless after the very early game. The weapons seem somewhat imbalanced as well but I still think any could be used effectively though they would add more challenge. I just got the space pistol (finally have all secret weapons unlocked) and I like it so far. The predator is also very good though I personally find the heavy rifle to be the best overall weapon. As for the other weapons, in my experience it goes assault rifles>burst rifles>shotguns>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SMGs. I don't even bother with explosives (as weapons, I do favor rockets as an ability). They just seem to be way too dangerous and not worth it from a risk/reward perspective. The two secret weapons that have not been mentioned here seem completely useless though it's possible I just haven't figured out how to make them work.

20. Tikanderoga

Tikanderoga Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    IT Sys Admin
    Lismore
    My weapon preferences go:
    Assault rifle, burst, SMG, shotgun.
    Heavy rifle is good, was one of my Favs for a long time until I got the predator or the laser.

Crit Heal is useless too. That one point of heals is not gonna make a huge difference when you have 1500 HP.
    The energy 2 HP is still somewhat useful in combination with the energy booster powerup, is it heals you about 10 HP/sec for its duration.

I tried various weapon combos including a grenade built with the Antioch or fire grenade.
    The former just annihilated everything to a point where you destroy your loot.

I don't buy the knock back power up ability anymore. No point. I prefer stuff that boosts my HP, DPS or speed.
    Best ones are:
    50% extra health
    35% HP at level end
    First bullet deals massive damage
    20% damage reduction
    Deflection for energy
    20% faster fire rate
    30% more boss damage (but can do without)
    50% More ammo and 100% faster reload
    Or 100% more Ammo

These are my picks. Melee is useless when you have rockets coming your way.
    With my default built I took down overseer V9.0.
    Haven't started on 10 yet.