Universal Neon Chrome (by 10tons Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Duranki

Duranki Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2011
    Dammit, dude, spoilers! I'd be more angry if I hadn't kinda already suspected this was the direction it was going.

2. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    #242 Intendro, Nov 22, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
    Well don't quote the spoilers and make them more visible. # #

3. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Overseer 2.0 isn't you. It's an asset you were in control of. Also, I don't believe there is any actual choice. I think you have to take the chair, though I could be wrong.

4. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    I corrected it. Sorry.

5. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    New build leaves your 'pad cold as ice. Thanks a ton for the update! God, IOS has now become the platform du jour for anyone with the remotest interest in the dual stick shooter genre. This is right up there with the best- and they've made it so much slicker since the beta build!

6. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    I don't see it yet...

7. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    New build as in the update from a couple of days ago? If anything, I've started feeling the heat since that update. XD

8. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    #248 sinagog, Nov 22, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
    I think I must have gotten a beta update before you cats. :cool:

Well, at least you know you can look forward to playing the Chrome without getting third-degree burns in the not-too-distant future.

9. GUILTIE

GUILTIE Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    If any updates improve performance on an iPhone 6, could someone update us here? :D

10. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Lucky you! :p

11. dan_thompson

dan_thompson Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2016
    Yeah the story is kind of weird. My take on it is that since you are using someone else to do your dirty work and take down the overseer, when it's finally over they want revenge on you so they take the mantle as overseer 2.0. The cycle then continues with you using more assets to take down the more dangerous foes you create, essentially making you an overseer yourself as you dispose of others in pursuit of your own goal.

I guess the moral of the story is that using others may benefit you in the short term, but in the end it will cost you more; and if you act as your enemy you will in turn become just like them.

12. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    I unlocked one of the special weapons (
    the torch
    ) early on. I thought it was terrible and quickly switched it for something else. Now that I'm a bit more experienced I'd like to try it again. However, I have never seen it drop, not from any weapon crate, regular box, or dead enemy. I have 2 other special weapons unlocked, and while they are certainly uncommon, I do see them from time to time. Is this a bug or is it just really rare?

13. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Where you begin a game, instead of beginning, move your character on top of the section where you upgrade things. You can buy unlocked weapons there for your next run ;)

14. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    #254 MetaGonzo, Nov 23, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
    Specials are in the starting room buy-box aren't they?

15. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    You know I noticed that early on but kind of forgot about it because I wanted to spend my credits on upgrades. Now that the amount of credits to choose a starting weapon is hardly anything, I may have to revisit those machines.

They also appear during runs from time to time (at least the
    heavy rifle and Gauss gun
    do). I just thought it was strange I never saw the
    torch
    again after unlocking it since I've seen the
    rifle
    at least half a dozen times and I unlocked both of them on my first or second run.

16. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Not as wild about this is I had hoped to be. Find te shooting a bit bland despite the game being conceptually intriguing

17. 10tonsLtd

10tonsLtd Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    #257 10tonsLtd, Nov 23, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
    The next update will have both battery saver (sleep between frames) and 30 fps mode (cap the framerate to 30, as most games do per default). These should provide options to decrease the power drain. Personally (if I want to conserve power), I like the 30 fps mode - pushing less frames at a stabile rate.

We had to do some engine remodeling regarding the game loop to achieve this so it needed some coding and hence took a while. We've also increased Overseer 2.0 and above difficulty a tiny bit. The new options will be in the gameplay-menu.

The update will be submitted within hours and is also currently in external beta testing. However, as there are thousands of devices playing the game daily (thank you so much!!!) we want to be extra careful with this update. We would not want to break the game as rolling updates back is not something you can do easily - if at all. The release will happen once we're confident enough that everything works.

18. WOAH! Jcho we disagree! :D I haven't tried Leap of Fate though, did you like that one? This one continues to grow on me as the levels go on and it gets tougher. I also like unlocking the new abilities and weapons. Reminds me so much of their old game Crimsonland, it's got some nostalgia for me there as well..

19. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I love how this sounds :) even though performance on my SE is great and battery resists a lot, if I can gain more power and play on the go at the same time it's ideal.

20. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    I just ran into a bug with the Icarus boss for the second time. My bullets just pass through him after his first stage (when he reaches 2/3 health). Exiting to the menu and restarting the level fixes it.

I think raising the difficulty is a good idea, though I think the amount it is increased by should be greater for later Overseers. I'm on 5.0 now and while I'm definitely enjoying it, I feel as if it was too easy to get here.