Universal Neon Chrome (by 10tons Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    #181 Misguided, Nov 20, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
    I'd love to have gotten Solomon Dark. I had a typo above, btw. That should have said "isn't as easy". Neon Chrome is plenty challenging for me. Died on the level after the first boss 3-4 times. Made it to the second boss for the first time with asset #7 and died only needing one or two more hits.

Marshals is too stealthy heavy for my tastes. Haven't tried Feral Fury.

One thing I'd love to be able to tweak is the sensitivity to switch between aiming and shooting with the right stick.

2. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    I don't understand why everyone keeps saying this game is about precision shots. SMG+Weapon Speed mods=bullet wall. The guards are dead before they even realize what that weird neon green blur was that just vaporized their face with solid lead.

3. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Running on a 6S with details set to high, the game runs fine......until I switch to medium detail at which point I realise how slow and treacle like it was. There's definitely a difference in framerate/speed between the 2 settings on the more recent devices - I would guess high detail with the extra 2 graphics settings ticked is for iPhone 7 equivalent and above.

4. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I got to the last boss, who killed me before I could finish him (he had 1-2 shots left, argh!).

I began again using the last elevator which took me just before the last boss, and I was cannon fodder fairly quickly because my weapons are lame, so I began again from floor 1. To my surprise, the third boss became three bosses, I guess because of the great weapon and loadout I had. It was an amazing fight. I'm still making my way towards fighting the last boss again, but I have to say that it's one of the greatest twin stick shooters I've played in a long time.

5. Reaganomics

Reaganomics Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    I noticed people commenting on how choppy the game runs. The game runs pretty smooth after turning off the bloom filter.

6. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I finally beat the game the first time. Now I'm on my second run and I notice the map has purple rooms as always, but some of them are yellow. What does this mean?

7. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Can you activate it? It might just be a dead elevator.

8. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I'm talking about those two rooms in yellow in the building map (check pic)

Attached Files:

9. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    I'm on my second run-through, too and my yellow rooms are #9, #14 and #19

10. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    #190 sobriquet, Nov 20, 2016
    Ok, yeah. I'm still on my first overseer and I have one of those too, floor 3. I also only have three floors in my first chapter, floor 4 being the first boss fight for me. I still have 30 floors and the overseer but the last chapter, 7 i think, has 6 floors plus the boss floor. It wasn't like that when I started playing the game but after I lost 6 or so assets without getting past the first boss the floors were rearranged. I think the game adjusted the difficulty to make it easier in the beginning. That's pure speculation though.

Edit: I attached a screen shot. My description may not have been completely accurate so now you can see it.

Attached Files:

11. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Do we know what happens when (or if) we run out of assets yet?

12. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Is there a limited number of assets? I didn't know that. That wouldn't even make sense. I guess if it was per game save slot that would make a little bit of sense. Otherwise it limits the possible number of play throughs and the number of overseers you can defeat. Boo to that idea.

13. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    Not saying there is a limit but your asset is revived in a room with 98 pods in, which we're working our way through chronologically.

14. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    #194 sobriquet, Nov 20, 2016
    Oh, so you actually counted the pods in the game and there are 98. Interesting. That does make me wonder.

Edit: I just checked out the pod room and see that they are actually numbered. I hadn't paid any attention before. Good catch.

15. brybry

brybry Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    These boss fights are epic! There's enough difficulty without being merciless. I also love the boss's attack pattern changes throughout the fight. What an awesome experience!

16. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    The yellow rooms are special events. Still on my first overseer, but have seen several different ones.

17. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    #197 MetaGonzo, Nov 20, 2016
    Probably a factor of the amount of time I spend in that room rather than a testament to my observational skills. ;)

18. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Thanks! I'll be getting to one soon :)

19. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Is there anywhere I can find a list of all the available assets in the game? I've read from the dev in this forum that there's an assassin that can hide in dark places (something was mentioned about the floor tiles and the gamma correction), but I haven't seen this character appear yet to choose him. Is it an unlockable character? I've found an implant which allows me to be invisible if I don't move though.

20. NomaD

NomaD Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    California
    Funny, as soon as I read this I booted up Neon Chrome and ran into the character.
    IMG_0073.jpg