iPad neoDefense (By duetBlock)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by duetBlock, Aug 30, 2017.

1. junkyardheart

junkyardheart Well-Known Member

May 24, 2012
    I've finished that level. It isn't a bug. GeoDefense had a similar level ("The Line) where the creeps reach the end then reverse, then reverse a couple more times in the same way before they begin to decrease the health of your base.

2. gbravetti

gbravetti Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2015
    Unexpected but it is ok :)

3. duetBlock

duetBlock Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2017
    Hi gbravetti,

Thank you for playing my game. :)

The message pops up every end of mission on the lite version. But full version has only 3 times to request for user's feedback.

Regards,
    duetBlock

4. duetBlock

Aug 30, 2017
    Hi gbravetti,

I really appreciate your feedback and question. :)

The Level3 is first challenging level with Cannon and Valcan. User can use any combination of tower layout.

Yes, The Valcan (I named as Valcan instead Vulcan) looks less effective in the level3.

But it has the fastest turning speed. It can be laid inner corner of the creeps path because the direction of enemy is not straight.

I attached the feature of two towers for comparison.

Hope this answer helps you.

Regards,
    duetBlock

Attached Files:

5. cookietroll

cookietroll Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Pause and speed

I've made it to level 15 boss level. This level seems to require to place many towers very quickly and upgrade them. Maybe it's my age or speed, but I would appreciate a pause button, where I can queue up build and upgrades. In other levels, where more strategy is required and are very slow, a 3+* speed up would be awesome.

Also, feel free to make additional levels as IAP for reasonable price, I'm going to buy them all.

6. gbravetti

Aug 18, 2015
    So from your perpesctive there is no need to use Valcans on Level 3?

PS. Thanks for the graphs, I will study those in deep later in contrast to the update price, etc.

7. gbravetti

Aug 18, 2015
    +1 to a pause button that allows to edit/queue also to check for enemies detailed stats.

8. junkyardheart

May 24, 2012
    I've tried and failed The Boss level countless times. It seems to be a gimmick of how fast you can deploy and upgrade hundreds of towers. You would need to be a robot to do this quickly enough. I have survived to the last wave but hardly made a dent in those final square creeps. I hope the developer can provide some advice on beating this level.

9. duetBlock

Aug 30, 2017
    Hi gbravetti, :)

Yes, you can beat the level3 using only Cannon. There is no rule and intent to win. ( Except one mission, I don't remember. Sorry :p )

P.S. The price varies in each mission. (It looks almost same but different pricing table exists in some mission.)

Thank you so much for your feedback! :)

10. duetBlock

Aug 30, 2017
    Hi junkyardheart,

Wow! you are in the Boss mission already ?

Recently, I make a series of gameplay movie in my Youtube channel. If I can beat the Boss level I can share my movie. I will share later in some time.

P.S. HINT: There are double power area at the near of the sprout core. :cool:

Thank you.

11. gbravetti

Aug 18, 2015
    I would like to report an issue. if I left the game paused on my phone, then I pick up a phone call, when I back to the game my paused game isn't there anymore and I have to re start that level. Tnx

12. junkyardheart

May 24, 2012
    I've just defeated The Boss level, with no health lost! Very, very tough level. I don't think I want to play that level ever again. Now onto Beta levels :)

13. gbravetti

Aug 18, 2015
    I was defeating Alpha Boss, last wave already defeated, just dealing with the boss and the orange triangles and sudennly the app crashed!

:((((

14. gbravetti

Aug 18, 2015
    Another crash on the Alpha The Boss level, and when it crashes you need to start over, not good.

15. duetBlock

Aug 30, 2017
    Hi gbravetti,

Sorry to hear that. :eek:

Let me check if there is a point to fix. :confused:

Thank you for your report.

16. leokon96

leokon96 Active Member

Jun 3, 2016
    My only big complaint is that towers have to be inserted one by one. Consider adding a tap and slide option to eliminate going up and down, constantly racing against the clock.

17. gbravetti

Aug 18, 2015
    Game got an update! Yeah!

And I defeated Alpha The Boss with no crashes (before the update btw).

18. gbravetti

Aug 18, 2015
    #58 gbravetti, Sep 5, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
    To de developer:

IMHO placing the x2 x4 button on a sub menu you need to access by pressing the pause button each time you want to change the game speed isn't handy at all. A single button on the main GUI would be better, if you don't have the screen space create a long press function on the pause button to activate x2 ,x4. A short press while in x2 or x4 will back to x1 speed. Also if you wanna get techy and you have some time to spare you can use force touch (for new devices, or hold and drag for older models/iPads) to direct control speed while long pressing.

I think you have a gem here, just get into the details, and most important focus on the balance of the game and on the strategy approach. So far all the Alpha levels, winning was piece of cake, with exception of Alpha Level 3 which I read it was fixed on the update), and the Alpha The Boss level which needed a lot of tower's speed-dragging and updgrading, which I personally liked but is a weird game's play/difficulty curve if you are coming from the previous levels.

I hope NeoDefense will get better and better and if you need anything Incan help just let me know.

19. gbravetti

Aug 18, 2015
    So, anyone getting a hard time with beta 3?

20. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    I'm still struggling with alpha 3 even after the update.....