iPad neoDefense (By duetBlock)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by duetBlock, Aug 30, 2017.

1. duetBlock

duetBlock Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2017
    Hi beaver_lions,

Yes, It is the first challenging level in Alpha sector. :eek:

I totally agree with your opinion. So It will be adjusted balance in the next updated version as soon as possible. (In the next week.)

Thank you for your feedback.

2. Zaraf

Zaraf Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    #22 Zaraf, Sep 1, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
    Yeah, I tried so many different arrangements. The farthest I got was wave 13/15. The levels in the Free version are different.

3. debaser626

debaser626 Member

Nov 1, 2014
    This indeed. I've beat all the Kingdom Rushes on the highest difficulty, but so far I've failed at this mission over 20 times. With only two towers to choose from, it seems like you need a very specific setting of the towers to beat this level. Extremely frustrating outcome after playing the lite version. I love the explosions and the music and this has great potential, but I think more testing is needed to account for playing styles which may vary slightly from the dev's own ideal tower placement.

I expect this level of difficulty in a final stage, not level 3 of the first set. I await the readjustment of the difficulty so I can pick this back up.

4. junkyardheart

junkyardheart Well-Known Member

May 24, 2012
    Level 3 took me about 30 games to get a perfect game (no health lost) :eek:!

5. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Yeah same here, I was on the fence because it's not universal but loved the lite version so picked it up anyway - I know the Dev is submitting a fix asap but it's very annoying especially as it wasn't the same in the lite version. I'm not even picking this up again until it gets fixed.

6. pseudoart

pseudoart Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2013
    Took me 15 or so tries to beat level 3. Now I'm stuck on level 6.

Level 3 spoiler:
    In the end I just only build the slow cannon. The Vulcan or whatever it's called seems useless. At least in terms of ROI.

7. duetBlock

Aug 30, 2017
    Hi orangecan,

My apologies I overlooked the level 3 makes too hard to win.
    I was intended it is one of the challenging mission of Alpha sector.

I fixed this and will submit in today.
    Thank you for your opinion. :)

Regards,
    duetBlock

8. miko666

miko666 Member

May 12, 2009
    I'm stuck on level 11 ... help me;)

9. debaser626

debaser626 Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Weird, I had tried this too, I got overwhelmed on 13 even with just all cannons. I only tried it once as I thought that there must be something to using the vulcans, but maybe I mistimed my upgrades. I had about 30 cannons all maxed out, but maybe more are needed? Seems like this could be fixed with a path bomb to damage all creeps on the path, one more level upgrade, or damage increase to the second tier weapons.

Better still, if the damage was increased for the Vulcan considering it's a more expensive tower that would make them more useful. As it stands, they almost seem pointless to use over the cannon in later waves.

10. debaser626

debaser626 Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Thank you for getting to this so quickly. This really stands to be a good TD game. I play them all, and I really hate the new trend of mixing timers and necessary IAP currency to TD games. After playing the lite version I didn't even hesitate to pick up the full version, it was a lot of fun. If the game had a less steep difficulty curve and a more clear indication of where you were going wrong when getting beaten, this would be a fabulous TD game. I can't wait for the fix to be submitted, and hope it applies to all levels.

11. gbravetti

gbravetti Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2015
    No Fast forward?

12. shfrost

shfrost Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    Very good game with tons of potential.
    Suggestion: allow "tapping" units into position rather than dragging. It's a fairly long way to go on an iPad Pro 12. #

13. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    No problem, thanks for sorting it quickly!

It's the sign of how much I liked it that I bought it because I just don't normally get games that aren't universal, looking forward to carrying on once it's fixed

14. duetBlock

Aug 30, 2017
    Hi gbravetti,

The fast forward feature will be added soon. It can speed up to 2X or 4X.

Thanks.

15. duetBlock

Aug 30, 2017
    Hi shfrost,

Thank you. I appreciate your positive feedback. :D

And I agree your opinion that UI suggestion. Yeah, The iPAD has vast size of screen.

When It goes to Universal, The iPAD should have tapping UI. :cool:

Regards,
    duetBlock

16. shfrost

shfrost Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    Excellent! Thank you, and it's great to see you so active in the forum. Always appreciated.

17. junkyardheart

junkyardheart Well-Known Member

May 24, 2012
    The last Alpha level, The Boss, is extremely difficult. Anyone beat it yet?

18. gbravetti

Aug 18, 2015
    Game feels great so far.

In level Alpha 4 Cobra, invaders seem to bounce back at the end of the first long corridor, is this a bug?

I'm playing the lite version and the "are you enjoying..." message popups at every Level's end, does it happens also on the full version?

19. gbravetti

Aug 18, 2015
    Nice thanks!

20. gbravetti

Aug 18, 2015
    I agree in what ppl said about level 3. My big concern is not about balance but about weapon logic. There are three kind of enemies on level 3 and two different weapons. Common sense tells me that some weapons should be more effective over some enemies, but on this scenario the more expensive weapon (valcan) is less effective than the cheaper (cannon) for every enemy on this level.

I would like to ask to the creator from his perspective, which would be the logic approach for this level?

Thanks!