iPad neoDefense (By duetBlock)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by duetBlock, Aug 30, 2017.

1. BlueTrin

BlueTrin Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    #281 BlueTrin, Dec 1, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
    There is a difference with making a tower Defense similar to geodefense and making a game where even the sprites are nearly identical.

This feels like a blatant ripoff for me. They could have kept the concept and made some efforts to come up with their own graphic designs.

They couldn’t even come up with their own names ? At first I thought it was some kind of sequel but then reading this thread it feels like these guys just made their own version of geodefense and make money from it.

Ah then I misunderstood the post before. I prefer geodefense scoring as it made it exciting to get high scores.

2. MRB_

MRB_ Active Member

Oct 5, 2017
    The developer of geoDefense sold the game and never improved it. He didn’t extend something and now the game is shit, because it doesn‘t work with iOS 11.

I‘m very happy about someone, who follows in this steps and does it even better.

The graphics are one of the main reasons for me to love both games, because all other TD games (even high rated ones) are overloaded for me, I hate that.

3. BlueTrin

BlueTrin Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    I understand that you do not care about someone else making money out of a small developer as it allows you to play. But this one is such a blatant ripoff.

On this one we will have to agree to disagree.

4. Rob G

Rob G Active Member

May 1, 2009
    #284 Rob G, Dec 3, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
    Great thanks!

When you have killed the final creep you are left with towers on the field and cash in your bank. Do these get added to the scores of killing the creeps? Personally I would have your final setup as a significant determinant of your score, where as I stated before Less = More would be a nice way of complimenting strategic placement of the towers. An easy way to do so would be to have all towers in the field be sold against low price (as you can normally do) and then adding total left over money with some multiplyer to total score.

Looking forward to the next update!

5. Rob G

Rob G Active Member

May 1, 2009
    I do feel the same as MRB, I was quite the fan of geoDefense, however it is no longer available. I came into neoDefense searching for geo.

So yes the designer copied the game and took on similar name. I can understand your point of view.

However, as soon as you’ll start playing this one you will get hooked and it simply is a great game. Only minor changes make this a game on it’s own. I have had more hours of fun with neo as opposed to geo. But both are great and like MRB says it is the clean graphics that make these games killer.

In the end, both developers will get their money and I am sure that the developer of Geo has got his. Any player that likes his game will be happy to also pay a couple of dollars to have hours of fun with both. And if tomorrow a ZeoDefense is released you can count on me buying that as well. Cannot get enough of these games.

6. Erin

Erin Active Member

Mar 2, 2009
    I have followed these instructions and replicated the setup, and still die on wave 6 every time. All 24 lasers are set up, all seven missles around the base, and as many Valcans as I can create before I die. Can you give more explicit details?

7. Rob G

Rob G Active Member

May 1, 2009
    #287 Rob G, Dec 3, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
    You start with one row of laser and then 7 missle around base. Then you add in all the rest of the laser and again another row of missle. As soon as you have been able to built the 2nd row of missle you start adding the valcans. So focus on laser & missle in the first half of the game and wait some more with the valcans.

8. MRB_

MRB_ Active Member

Oct 5, 2017
    If I didn‘t miss something, there’s now a walkthrough online for every single level existing at the moment on my channel, including all bonus levels.

9. Rob G

Rob G Active Member

May 1, 2009
    Any news on the updates? Can’t wait!

10. despacito

despacito Member

Nov 12, 2017
    neoDefense - Tower Defense

neoDefense - Tower Defense
    DEFEND YOUR SPROUT OF NEW LIFE FROM INVADER!
    [Build, Upgrade and Sweep!]
    neoDefense is a defense game set in a core of new life invaded by countless creeps.

Build your fortress any way you wish, upgrade weapons and let the invasions begin! And sweep them!

This game need your brilliant idea to defeat enemies attack!

[FEATURES]

• Build your own fortress for incoming waves of enemies!
    • More than 500 waves of creeps across 75 missions (And will be added more later!)
    • 4 upgradable weapons to kill the creeps with style (And will be added more later!)
    • There is a BOSS at the end of each group of missions (It's too hard to beat!)
    • Amazing soundtrack in each group of missions
    Link to Download: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/neodefense/id1240750175?mt=8
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. Smallville2106

Smallville2106 Active Member

Sep 12, 2013
    This was released ages ago wasn't it?

12. Caminagetcha

Caminagetcha Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2008
    Just something that wasn’t brought up.

In my opinion this game (wich I love since geofence is not available) deserves a better icon :p

13. ashrivas

ashrivas Member

Dec 23, 2017
    Thats what i was thinking:confused:

14. Rob G

Rob G Active Member

May 1, 2009
    That was GeoDefense, this is neo, it’s the new and improved.

15. Rob G

Rob G Active Member

May 1, 2009

Dear duetBlock,

Any idea when the new update will be released?

16. MRB_

MRB_ Active Member

Oct 5, 2017
    I‘m also waiting for it :D

17. ult

ult Active Member

Jan 20, 2013
    Original author or ripoff?

Are you the original author of geodefense from way back when? Some of the sprites, layouts and gameplay seem to almost exactly mimic geodefense and swarm - a bit too much in fact. Im happy to support this if you truly are but otherwise it seems too similar.

18. Rob G

Rob G Active Member

May 1, 2009
    This has been covered in the topic. No it’s not the same author.

GeoDefense is not updated to the latest ios and basically is dead. It is not available. That is a shame because it was a great game.

This game in no way harms or takes away profits from the original creators of geoDefense, as there is no competition.

So enjoy the game as it is really great.

Would be even greater with a new update :)

19. MRB_

MRB_ Active Member

Oct 5, 2017
    If you think neodefense layout is similar to geodefense, look for binarydefense. THAT looks similar! ;)

20. Rob G

Rob G Active Member

May 1, 2009
    Great tip, just bought this one, starting to think neoDefense is dead.