iPad neoDefense (By duetBlock)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by duetBlock, Aug 30, 2017.

1. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    I'm still stuck on delta level 1 I'm ashamed to say, is there any more detailed help anyone can give? I've not been this stuck since Beta level bonus 3.....

I'm fine till the second or third yellow wave which I almost get through but not quite.

I'm basically starting with valcans until I've got to the wave that gives you a shed load of cash enough to build about 4 missile towers and the rest valcans.

2. MRB_

MRB_ Active Member

Oct 5, 2017
    Look here ;)

https://youtu.be/X2O7QQMNk0U

3. Rob G

Rob G Active Member

May 1, 2009
    Great, thanks again.

I’m at Delta The Boss now and yeah, that looks tough.

4. orangecan

Aug 9, 2011
    Brilliant thank you. I was doing exactly the same as you apart from the lasers. Earlier in the thread I asked about it and a couple of people said they'd only used valcans and missiles so I didn't try anything else!

5. Rob G

Rob G Active Member

May 1, 2009
    I’ve got the Delta Boss level on my 8th try.

I have a screenshot of my final setup.

I really have to say this is by far the greatest game I have ever played on mobile. Thanks duet for creating it, I have had some real good times. And I do hope more levels, weapons and creeps will come. I will be happy to pay for it (hope you will get filthy rich).

!!!SPOILER!!!

Attached Files:

6. thomas.foster

thomas.foster Member

Jul 11, 2016
    London
  7. MRB_

MRB_ Active Member

Oct 5, 2017
    For most of the delta levels, this info is correct. ;)

In this case, I think, they were useful.

8. MRB_

MRB_ Active Member

Oct 5, 2017
    Hm, already tried something like that, but it didn‘t work. Must be up to the order I used or something else...

9. Rob G

Rob G Active Member

May 1, 2009
    Yes I think I got lucky quite fast because it took me a couple of tries to replicate this setup.

You have to start with one row of laser, then one row missle around base, then the rest of the laser. Next most of the valcan and follow up with the rest of the missle and more valcan.

10. MRB_

MRB_ Active Member

Oct 5, 2017
    worked now for me, thank you! ;)

11. orangecan

Aug 9, 2011
    I feel like a complete numpty. I'm really struggling with Delta 2 now! I've tried every single combination I can think of and I'm just not getting through - I just get slowly overrun by the new creeps, and then get completely mullered by the yellow buggers.

12. MRB_

MRB_ Active Member

Oct 5, 2017
    Delta 2 is really difficult, killed me 63 times.
    I will upload walkthrough.

13. MRB_

MRB_ Active Member

Oct 5, 2017
    Delta 2-5 online

14. orangecan

Aug 9, 2011
    #274 orangecan, Nov 26, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
    I'm on 51....

Thanks very much, I've got to say I'm finding the Delta levels almost too hard so far. I mean I love the fact that they're not easy but I hate having to resort to walkthroughs.

Weirdly the only real difference between your winning strategy and what I'd been trying is that I put all my valcans in the middle areas rather than along the bottom, otherwise my combination of towers is exactly the same

Edit: Having said all that I just blazed through Delta 3 with full lives on my first go.....

15. Rob G

Rob G Active Member

May 1, 2009
    Delta 1, 2 and 7 are really difficult. However, after 7 it is not at all that difficult any more. I think the levels are best when they require something like 10-20 tries before you complete them. The earlier delta levels mostly have that. You also need to find the ‘trick’ that you need to complete the delta’s.

You are aware that the 9 squares next to home base provide extra fire power, so in almost all levels it is advisable to place missle towers on them.

16. duetBlock

duetBlock Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2017

Hi Rob G,

Thanks for your valuable feedback, I'm developing the boosting tower (slightly different from your opinion, but will be fun).

Epsilon sector will be the first sector that has the boosting tower. But I'm not sure when it will be ready, I'm a lazy developer :D

P.S. Cannon will be highlighted in the Epsilon sector. :cool:

Best Regards,
    duetBlock

17. Rob G

Rob G Active Member

May 1, 2009
    #277 Rob G, Nov 28, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
    Cool!

The ‘ghost creeps’ that are slowed down by valcan was a really cool element of delta, compliments.

Could you indicate how the scoring works? I have a little difficulty with the logic of the score.

Like I said, if you could have an online scoreboard for each level that would defenitely highly increase replayability of the game.

I would suggest the aim would be to finish the level with as few firepower as possible, in as few time as possible (manually releasing the creeps earlier as supposed to be rewarded) while maintaining as many lives as possible.

If you would have a simple top 10 or top 25 per level a can imagine people wanting to play levels over and over to get high scores.

18. duetBlock

duetBlock Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2017
    Hi Rob G,

Thank you for your suggestion. Let me consider the online scoreboard and more bonus logic that you suggested.

And I attached the logic of the score, Please have a look I attached screenshot.

Moreover, The remaining core shields count will give more bonus score that has depends on mission base score of the each mission.

Hope this instruction helps you to understand more clearly.

Best Regards,
    duetBlock

Attached Files:

19. BlueTrin

BlueTrin Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    This game is ok but it is a carbon copy of GeoDefense, even for the scoring system.

20. MRB_

MRB_ Active Member

Oct 5, 2017
    This is one reason I love this game for. geoDefense is dead and I‘m happy to have a real alternative, so I don‘t unterstand your „but“.
    Furthermore, neoDefense has started a few months ago and there‘s much time to develop. I think its variability is better than in geoDefense. And I think there will come much more...

That‘s completely wrong...
    In geoDefense you got more points for destroying creeps later, not earlier.