Universal NEO TURF MASTERS (by DotEmu)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jun 29, 2016.

1. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    NEO TURF MASTERS (by DotEmu)

Yes. The trick is not to rely on the arrow size on the map! That's not its purpose.

The key is to look at the remaining distance, and then at the distance your selected club will make the ball travel. Then use the right percentage strength.

Of course, this only works if you're aiming towards the hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. GUILTIE

GUILTIE Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Enjoying this, but I am very bad at it :p Can anyone explain how being in the rough, sand trap, etc. will affect the next swing? Does it decrease my maximum distance?

3. Kramer

Kramer Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2009
    How do you put backspin on the ball?
    I've followed the instructions and looked up the original instructions - doesn't seem to work.

Can anyone help?

4. poopguy69

poopguy69 Active Member

Nov 14, 2015
    Yes it seems to reduce your power. I'm guessing that the different characters handle it better than others. It's the "recovery" stat.

5. poopguy69

poopguy69 Active Member

Nov 14, 2015
    After setting the power but before setting altitude, swipe the middle of the screen downwards. You have to do a quick and short swipe. A little backspin icon will pop up when it works.

6. yegon

yegon Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Really enjoying this. Long time player of golf games, arcade and sim, be it Mario or PGA, going back to Leaderboard on the Spectrum. Regardless, I find this brutally hard - in a good way - and it brings back memories of the very few times I played this in the arcades. Bravo.

7. new_ipodtouch5G_owner

new_ipodtouch5G_owner Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2015
    Canada
    I would like to second that request. As much as I enjoy the in-game sounds, I would really love the addition of an option to be able to listen to my music while playing. I hope that could be possible in a future update.

I don't buy many games due to me not having access to Wi-Fi. There are quite a few games I would love to purchase but can't, due to them being only available via IAP. So when a premium game like NEO Turf Masters is released, it was an instant buy for me.

I am having a ton of fun playing Turf Masters. I haven't come across any bugs/glitches so far. Works great on my iPod touch 6th gen. running OS 9.3.2.

Great flashback to 1996. I am very impressed with the port DotEmu, thank you.

8. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

This is an excellent port! I use to own the NeoGeo CD version.

I would love to see Windjammers come to iOS, probably my favorite NeoGeo game of all time.

9. Dragan

Dragan Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Belgium
    Could someone explain how to deal with the grain?

10. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

The way I think of it is like wind on the ground. You need to compensate for it over longer distances. So if grain is going in the same direction as the shot, you'd need to slightly under hit. If it's perpendicular then steer it slightly away so the grain will gradually steer it back. And everything in between. I could be wrong!

11. Dragan

Dragan Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Belgium
    Baracus, thanks for your clarification but since English is not my native language could you explain what you mean by 'under hit'. 'Perpendicular' is also to technical for me to understand. Thanks in advance.

12. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

Under-hit - I mean put a bit less power than it shows on the bar (the blue "cell" in the power bar) because it's like the "wind" will carry it faster if grain is going same way as your ball.

Like you would over-hit if driving INTO the wind, to get the same distance.

Perpendicular - means at 90 degrees, or side ways (left or right) as you are looking at the hole.

The opposite is "parallel" which is when the grain is lined up with your shot, Along the same line direction not sideways.

Hope it's clearer now ;)

13. Dragan

Dragan Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Belgium
    Cristal clear this time! Thank you very much,

14. kinnell

kinnell New Member

Jul 9, 2016
    Chip shots?

Does anyone know if it is possible to chip in a shot from outside of the green? I've come close countless times, but the ball always hits the flag. Is it just not possible in this game? Has anyone actually done this?

15. kinnell

kinnell New Member

Jul 9, 2016
    If anyone is interested (which doesn't really seem to be the case), it is possible to chip-in shots. I've done it a few times since I last posted above, including a 200+ yarder! It's not easy, but can definitely be done.

16. Dragan

Dragan Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Belgium
    I hope the next update will include the possibility to turn off the music while keeping the sound and voice.

17. new_ipodtouch5G_owner

new_ipodtouch5G_owner Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2015
    Canada
    DotEmu thank you for taking the time to read our feedback/comments and implementing them in this great golf game.

18. Harvester

Harvester New Member

Mar 31, 2016
    Sorry I didn't see your question earlier or I would have answered that it is indeed possible to chip in from off the green.

I also had a hole in one early on, but never again, so that may have been a bit of beginners luck.

BTW, I've had a lot of fun playing this. I've played every golf game I could get my hands on over the years and this has managed to hold my attention for a long time. Very rewarding to play.

19. kinnell

kinnell New Member

Jul 9, 2016
    Harvester, I agree with you completely! While it might be viewed as slightly "old school", this game is way more fun than any of the IAP ridden mobile golf games on the Play Store.

20. Burritonator

Burritonator New Member

Aug 9, 2016
    Swiping Not Working For Me

When I try to swipe up and down to change clubs or left and right to change stance, nothing happens. I also can't put backspin on my shot. Has anyone else run into this or know of a fix?